Author Topic: Airsoft GI: Bad First Experience  (Read 1556 times)

Offline Reynolds One

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Private
    • View Profile
Airsoft GI: Bad First Experience
« on: October 30, 2009, 08:35:05 AM »
UPDATE:

I just received an email from someone at Airsoft GI about the vest.  All he said was that the photo on the site is indeed outdated, and he thanked me for the the inquiry.  Are you freaking kidding me?  He didn't offer to extend any kind of RMA or refund, just a sad, inexcusable explanation.  I'm pretty furious right now.  Nothing for me to do, except to just bite the bullet and don't buy from them anymore.

------------------------------

A few weeks ago, I bought a tactical vest from Airsoft GI.  This order was destined for failure from the beginning.  First, the shipping information they gave me was incorrect.  Only after I contacted them did they give me an update as to what was actually happening.  I ordered a patch (which the site said was in stock), but was actually on back-order.  The back-ordered patch was keeping the vest from shipping.  I had to instruct them to ship the vest ASAP.  But when I got the vest, the patch was with it.

Okay.  

Then, as I took a careful look at the vest, I realized it wasn't the same one as the one pictured on the website.  So, I went to the site and gave it a thorough look over to see if I was missing something.  There were a couple prop items (magazines, grenade) on the vest pictured, but the item description clearly stated that those items weren't included.  What was missing from my vest, according to the picture, was a pouch just below the left shoulder.  This is obviously a permanent part of the vest, not a prop or add-on.  So that means that either the vest I got and the one pictured are not the same type, or the pictured vest is out of date.

Either way, I contacted Airsoft GI via their support email on Wednesday.  It's now Friday, and I haven't heard back from them.  It's safe to say that I will never order anything from Airsoft GI again.  I rarely complain about anything, but I have no tolerance for poorly run ecommerce sites and crappy customer service.

I'd be interested to know if anyone else has had issues with them.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Bowser

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/bowser484
Re: Airsoft GI: Bad First Experience
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2009, 02:33:11 PM »
My first experience with Airsoft GI was bad as well. They shipped me an Echo 1 M249 that had a broken trigger switch, and a M16 gearbox that was "In Stock" at the time I ordered had arrived over a month late because it was actually on backorder. Airsoft GI gave me a bunch of run-around about the M249 being broken, so I ended up taking it to APD and they were nice enough to fix it for me.

I thought it might have just been an isolated incident. Wrong, and this time was worse. I ordered a M16 length outer barrel and they shipped me a M4 length barrel. I got a RMA from them and sent the M4 barrel back. A week later, I get the same M4 barrel that I had just returned to them. After an angry phone call and another week, I finally got my M16 barrel.

Shame on me for giving them a second chance. I won't be ordering from there anymore.

Offline OperatorPants

• FNG
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2009, 01:09:31 PM »
Oh, I like this thread. I thought I was the only one who had a bad experience with ASGI.

So I wanted a G18. Cyma had one for an affordable price. So I ordered that with 2 extended mags, 3 standards, the rail system for the G18 AEP, and a small red dot for shits and giggles.

The package arrived and I tore it open, grabbing the extended mags, then the standards, then the rail system, then the red dot, then... that's it? Where's the glock?!

I call them up and ask them "what the hell"

The useless guy on the other end of the phone just said "Well it wasn't on back order... I dunno why it wouldn't ship."

Me: "Well, what are we going to do about this?"

Them: "It must've been a shipping error on UPS's part"

Me: "So what do I do?"

Them: "I really don't know"

Never got my glock

Offline axisofoil

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2009, 06:23:26 PM »
I'd like to play Devil's Advocate in this thread, and say that I have had many good experiences with airsoft gi, and a few not so great.

Usually, problems occur when things are out of stock.

Really, if you call them after you place your order online, they will verify the stock status of everything you ordered. I know, it's a hassle, but if that's all I have to do to have great quality items, at a good price, with free, at my door in 2 days shipping... so be it.

I've been involved in about 125 or so orders to them, and had maybe 3 bad experiences. All involved at least one item that was out of stock delaying the shipping of everything else.

As for the OP, just call them, and tell them you want a refund if you don't feel you got what you want.

Offline CAPTAIN 0BVI0UZ

• FNG
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2009, 06:40:51 PM »
OK so my first experience with ASGI went OK. I bought a KS P90 and it came right to my door in 2 days. Great!!!!

I try it out and first thing I notice is the but stock is broken... Wow...

Next I find that the full auto selector switch doesn't work and I have to send it to RMA for repair. Great...

Now it's been a week and they still haven't looked at it!

I'm waiting for them to tell me what their going to do about it... [smilie=armata_pdt_08.gif]

Offline MGfoley2

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2009, 10:16:37 PM »
Quote from: "CAPTAIN 0BVI0UZ"
OK so my first experience with ASGI went OK. I bought a KS P90 and it came right to my door in 2 days. Great!!!!

Next I find that the full auto selector switch doesn't work and I have to send it to RMA for repair. Great...

I'm waiting for them to tell me what their going to do about it... [smilie=armata_pdt_08.gif]

Have you contacted ASGi over the phone about it?

Its been my experience that retailers tend to respond to issues better when you talk to them directly.

Op Balkan Hammer II, Op Lion Claws VIII, IX, Op Red Storm
"Charles the monkey owns Evike."

Offline CAPTAIN 0BVI0UZ

• FNG
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2009, 08:37:09 AM »
Quote from: "MGfoley2"
Quote from: "CAPTAIN 0BVI0UZ"

Have you contacted ASGi over the phone about it?

Its been my experience that retailers tend to respond to issues better when you talk to them directly.

Yes I did last night and they said they would either fix it or replace it in the next week.

Thanks for the advice though.

Offline Rd maul

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sergeant First Class
  • Call your Shots!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2009, 11:10:38 AM »
I have had 50/50 with them so far. Idk about you guys but when I am mad the person on the other end knows about it and I will make sure damn well I get what I want or some kind of compensation for their mess up. I would order form them before Evike any day just my .02

Offline kman94

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2009, 09:05:01 PM »
ive only bought from there once, and it went over fine....maybe it was karma on ur peoples part? who knows. its 9:00 and i have nothing better to do.

Offline devildog16

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2009, 08:29:47 PM »
I've been away from the game for a while but I've ordered from them for over 3 years and I've ALWAYS had the best service and products.  The only thing I can think of as to why they have been slacking recently is because they have expanded and grown as a company and they are really busy due to too many orders coming in too fast for the amount of staff they have.  I understand theres a hell of a lot more places to buy and you can really pick and choose which ones to buy from but I've always ordered from ASGI first and will continue to do so.  Just my 2
"Basebruce"
be proud never satisfied