Author Topic: Why can't the American public as a whole seem to stomach war  (Read 3656 times)

Offline Cochise116

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #30 on: August 06, 2006, 10:21:17 PM »
Quote from: "mustremember13"
Contemporary war is fought without censorship. Without censorship, war can get terribly confusing in the publics eyes.

But with Censorship isn't that Propaganda?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Cochise116 »

Offline mustremember13

• Private First Class
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #31 on: August 07, 2006, 12:06:01 PM »
Not necessarily. The general public is not ready to see war for all that it is. No one really is. It's people killing eachother when there really isn't that great of a reason.  When the Marines slaughtered that entire town the press went fuckin' nuts when in actuallity it was just the atrocity that is war. That's the reality of it. People are sitting in their homes at 10 at night watching people die on the other side of the world. And what are they gunna think? We've captured Sadam, and taken control of the country, yet we still have soldiers deployed there, still have soldiers dieing there. For what reason? To help construct a concrete democracy in the Middle East that's just going to crash in on itself if we ever do pull out. The 2,800 soldiers that have died in Iraq are all heroes in my book, but what'd they die for in the first place?

The only thing worse than a battle won is a battle lost.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by mustremember13 »

Offline B00MINATOR

• Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #32 on: August 15, 2006, 07:21:24 PM »
Quote from: "Ganef"

The Prince of Peace.
edit: the first time I saw this painting it was in the house of the seccond secritary to the US ambassador to Ethiopia.

Snap, very nice.

Pictures speak a thousand words.

-B00M!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by B00MINATOR »
Quote from: \"Winston Churchill\"
We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give.

Offline Bow-tie Assasin

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
Re: Why can't the American public as a whole seem to stomach
« Reply #33 on: August 16, 2006, 04:59:36 PM »
Quote from: deathbydanish
I mean back in World War II there wasn't nearly as much resistence to war as there is now. quote]

Thats because that was a war worth fighting. Japan was a Direct threat to the US. Example... Dec. 7th 1941 they bombed pearl harbor. So we then strke back. Japan at that time Japan had a HUGE offensive military, they were strong and dangerous UNLIKE IRAQ.

Now onto Iraq. Yes, september 11th was a sad and horrifying day, just as tragic as pearl harbor, but... The direct threat in this attack was alqueada NOT IRAQ!!!!!!. Plus IRAQ IS NOT NEARLY AS POWERFUL AS JAPAN IN WWII. PLUS IT WAS NEVER PROVEN THAT SADDAM OR IRAQ WAS LINKED WITH ALQUEADA or 9/11!!!! In my opinion this was more of a personal war for bush, daddy couldnt get saddam before, so now junior wants to make him proud.

When it comes to iraq i'm pro soldier, but anti war

And i hate to tell you but no country as a whole has ever really stomached war. there will always be a percentage that is apposed.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2006, 05:04:28 PM by Bow-tie Assasin »
"First There"
Never Quit!

Offline Bow-tie Assasin

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #34 on: August 16, 2006, 05:03:13 PM »
Quote from: "gixser13"
Because we now are a country full of Metrosexual Liberals

See statements like that are plain immature and ignorant. If all you guys can do is put one sentence into this topic, dont bother. My dad just walked in about a minute ago and read some of these responses. Note: he is a Conservative not a liberal, he fought in NAM and has followed politics since the 1960's. When he saw the response above he just shook his head and said unbeleivable. It's just sad.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Bow-tie Assasin »
"First There"
Never Quit!

Offline deathbydanish

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #35 on: August 16, 2006, 05:42:24 PM »
Quote from: "Bow-tie Assasin"

See statements like that are plain immature and ignorant. If all you guys can do is put one sentence into this topic, dont bother. My dad just walked in about a minute ago and read some of these responses. Note: he is a Conservative not a liberal, he fought in NAM and has followed politics since the 1960's. When he saw the response above he just shook his head and said unbeleivable. It's just sad.

gixser is old enough to be your dad, well if teen pregnancy were involved that is.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by deathbydanish »
Saguaro Airsoft Team

The quietest move is the most efficient one.

Offline Bow-tie Assasin

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #36 on: August 16, 2006, 05:53:51 PM »
Quote from: "deathbydanish"

gixser is old enough to be your dad, well if teen pregnancy were involved that is.

And how does that make his statement more mature?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Bow-tie Assasin »
"First There"
Never Quit!

Offline B00MINATOR

• Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #37 on: August 16, 2006, 06:27:50 PM »

I started laughing and now officially use it :D

Any harcore conservative would have thought it was funny and, to an extent, true.

-B00M!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by B00MINATOR »
Quote from: \"Winston Churchill\"
We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give.

Offline djmtott

• Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #38 on: August 16, 2006, 06:54:10 PM »
After Desert Storm, Americans expect war to be mass enemy killings and low soldier body counts.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by djmtott »
"Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil, for I am the baddest mother f****r in the valley!"

Offline sNiPeRWoLf88

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
    • http://www.airsoftcoalition.com
(No subject)
« Reply #39 on: August 16, 2006, 07:00:19 PM »
Quote from: "B00MINATOR"
I started laughing and now officially use it :D

Any harcore conservative would have thought it was funny and, to an extent, true.

-B00M!

Because everyone knows that if there's anything this country needs, it's more people on the extreme ends of the political spectrum.  Horray for irrational... everything!

That goes for both sides.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by sNiPeRWoLf88 »
If you never assume importance, you never lose it.

Offline deathbydanish

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #40 on: August 16, 2006, 07:13:00 PM »

It doesn't, I just felt like laughing, this thread is too serious.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by deathbydanish »
Saguaro Airsoft Team

The quietest move is the most efficient one.