Author Topic: WTF has happen here?  (Read 3345 times)

Offline Doc Hollywood

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Brigadier General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2006, 01:12:38 AM »
You made my point for me.  I know you tight with all of them.  Thats why the comment was so appropriate.  It shows that "newbies" can become better - that people can grow and mature and change for the better.  I wasn't trying to make you look like an ass.

Thanks for the supporting info - now your comment about the future of airsoft has some teeth.  Although, I forgot exactly how stupid the "leadership" in Texas really is....

Not really sure where you get the whole "badass" thing from because I dont discuss my professional life, my military life, or any other part of my life with anyone on this forum.  Perhaps I have qualified some of my comments with the fact that I actually have worn a uniform in service of my country, but it was never anything saying, "hey, I'm a badass."  I don't believe in badasses anyway.  Except for probably MSG Mullen.

Yes, I have made some posts expressing my legal opinion.  Maybe I'm right, maybe I'm wrong, but its based on time in service so to speak, and I'm willing to take a stand on an issue.  And I was new to this whole forum thing anyway.

And if I am such an asshat, why not just tell me "hey, quit being an asshat you asshat" and we can be done with it?  Thats what my friends do.  

Thats enough ass...
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Doc Hollywood »

Offline Firehead

• Major General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2006, 01:15:28 AM »
Its 1:15 AM, and you fuckers are thinking too much.

Vince, get stupid, christ that was alot. I got a fuckin' headache now. See you on the 26th.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Firehead »

Offline Gantaliano Hoff

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
    • http://www.amsog.com
(No subject)
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2006, 05:56:39 PM »
I love it when Vince whips out his logical side like that. You gotta look out for the those plolysci majors. You never know when they'll make a move.

As for the topic that this thread was for originally: I really think that it's up to the more mature people to set the example for those that may not know how to come up with a post topic that may be credible. Unfortunately, I have been out of the loop lately, and I think a lot of our better airsofters have been lately too. That could be a contribution to the fact that the less responsible posters here had nothing worthy to read; and therefore they had nothing worthy to say. Perhaps if we start feeding the forums with more productive topics, people will learn how to make more productive replies.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Gantaliano Hoff »

Offline Farslayer

• Major General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2006, 08:06:38 PM »
I'm just waiting for Fish to post.....
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Farslayer »
Benn

Offline Farslayer

• Major General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2006, 08:37:44 PM »
Oh, I forgot this part.

I play the game and post on the forum because I like to.  I’ve always liked to play war and did it since I was a kid.  I don’t pretend to get others to play because I want to further the sport.  I figure the more players and the better they are, the more fun I will have.  It’s simple and I want it to last for a long time.  

I find it funny, and a little irritating, when people try to say they do what they do for the “sportâ€￾.  That’s a bunch of shit.  They don’t do it out of self-sacrifice but for the simple remuneration they receive under the guise of altruism.  They’re not furthering the sport…they’re lining their pockets.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Farslayer »
Benn

Offline B00MINATOR

• Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2006, 08:41:14 PM »
Quote from: "Farslayer"

+1

I have to agree with the original motive of the topic. Much of the other topics being posted on this board have gone to hell.

-B00M!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by B00MINATOR »
Quote from: \"Winston Churchill\"
We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give.

Offline busta_cap

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2006, 08:49:34 PM »
Quote from: B00MINATOR
Quote from: Farslayer

+1

I have to agree with the original motive of the topic. Much of the other topics being posted on this board have gone to hell.

-B00M!

And you have Attributed highly to them going to hell, you are guilty of this as much as fish or any of the young young members. And you guys are all fairly new to AA and airsoft, atleast I have been around a while.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by busta_cap »

Offline B00MINATOR

• Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2006, 10:01:11 PM »
Mabye AA, not airsoft.
I'm coming up on four years now.

Give me an example of sending a topic to hell.
I contribute in many ways to this forum.

Notice my posts are only 80.
I obviously haven't had "that" much fun with the reply button...

-B00M!

Offline PHX COBRA

• Captain
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2006, 10:10:10 PM »

Props to Andy for PS
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by PHX COBRA »

Offline B00MINATOR

• Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2006, 10:11:14 PM »
Quote from: "PHX COBRA"

Props to Andy for PS

I officially have nothing more to add...

-B00M!

Offline Cochise116

• Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2006, 10:16:13 PM »
Quote from: "B00MINATOR"
Give me an example of sending a topic to hell.

Quote from: "B00MINATOR"

I officially have nothing more to add...

-B00M!

Here is a prime example you could have just left that comment out.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Cochise116 »

Offline KOBO

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2006, 10:36:50 PM »
How many threads have we had like this now? We have had a couple threads purely dedicated to this topic and most topics have turned to this topic within a few posts. It is no surprise that there may be a lot of people to just lurk around because most of the topics are random BS. Most of them start out with a serious question, that has already been discussed but no one uses the search function, and then just turns into meaningless chatting.

The majority of the guys on this board had a culture that they have held, and then a new group of guys have come on and has not join that culture. That is what has happened here, you have one culture on the board mixed with another culture now.

That is my view anyways. One thing the admins might want to consider is use the splash screen to describe the culture, the intent, of this board and maybe lay down some general ground rules before you enter the actual board.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by KOBO »

Offline busta_cap

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2006, 10:45:33 PM »
Its not a clash of cultures..It's just when you have a bunch of kids or people coming ont oa forum that are friends in every day life they tend to talk amongst themselves and do the general BS chatter..If you wanna do it, its fine, do it on the phone, aim, msn,myspace . Shit man you can use A string with cups on each end...Just don't use the AirsoftArizona general forum to post your opinion about something then it literally adds no real content, advice, or learning to the people reading it.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by busta_cap »

Offline PolandsLeftTesticle

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2006, 10:46:30 PM »
Quote from: "PHX COBRA"

Props to Andy for PS

/retort:

Click here to listen to "retort"

-------

Think of us "f*cking kids" as foreigners from some European country. We came here to AMERICA to learn about FREEDOM, and to HAVE FREEDOM. We're trying to learn your language, and we're being DISCRIMINATED AGAINST 'cause of our accents. We just need SOMEONE TO HANG AROUND so we can LEARN YOUR WAYS.

Speaking for myself, I mean, I can't control what I do sometimes, forgive me for it. I would go to official AA games if I could and learn the rules, what I should do and when to do it, if I could. Stop looking at my age and give me a chance. Age discrimination is just like racism. The stereotypes are usually true, but it's wrong to do it. Tell me when I do some stupid sh*t instead of shunning me and trying to worsen whatever reputation I've got with you guys. I try my best.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by PolandsLeftTesticle »
Quote from: \"SHIHAN\"
I never knew that three inches was the minimum length for a handgun barrel. I guess all of the anti-gun politicians wont be able to register their penises.

Offline babybackribs

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2006, 10:46:59 PM »
I may be mistaken, but I believe that one of our country's amendments is "freedom of speech."  That means that we can say what we want.  There's no way that you can stop kids being kids.  You may not know, but there are kids being born every minute, and they eventually grow up into teenagers.  You guys say that airsoft has no future, and it probably won't if you keep driving kids away from it because they are "immature."  You may remember that you were our age once, and you probably acted like we did.  No one is born with the maturity of a 40 year old.  If you don't want kids posting, then close down the boards.  And don't call me new to airsoft, I've been playing since I was 8.  I know how things work.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by babybackribs »

Religion is a joke.