Author Topic: Dropping In From Ohio  (Read 1350 times)

Offline SBFirefox

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Private
    • View Profile
Dropping In From Ohio
« on: January 30, 2012, 09:45:01 PM »
Hello everyone,

My name is Jack and I am currently an Ohio high school senior who will be attending college here in Arizona come fall semester. With my move to Arizona coming up in a few short months I figured it would only be right to introduce myself and get started with the new community I will be playing with for at least the next 4 years. To give everyone a little background info I have lived in Ohio all of my life but have vacationed in Arizona with my family almost every year since I was about 8 or 9. With Arizona serving as almost a second home to me it is where I decided I wanted to go to college and get a quality education in a place I know and love. Back in Ohio growing up I have always been into guns and the military. Playing airsoft and shooting rifles with friends was how I grew up. It was always a great activity and kept me outdoors as well as, for the most part, out of trouble. I began playing airsoft around 5 years ago with a friend who was active in what was at the time, the little known community of Airsoft Ohio and was introduced to the AEG. From that point on I was hooked on airsoft and played among friends at organized events until about 2 years ago when I was picked up by a local milsim team, Team Stormblade. It was with this team where I truly began to have fun with airsoft by playing with a good and competitive group of guys I now know as some of my best friends. It is also where I got my feet wet in the more "serious" aspect of airsoft, although I enjoy the fun filled nature of airsoft more than anything else. Through hosting events such as Airsoft Con, the Operation Redemption Series, and various smaller open plays alongside my team I began to understand and appreciate the effort that goes into getting a quality event up and running smoothly. It isn't easy!! ;D This is the point where I am at right now, playing alongside my team and enjoying the final few months left here in Ohio. I hope to meet everyone here on the forums at an event sometime or another and look forward to having a good time on the forums.

Thanks guys,
-Jack
« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 09:56:02 PM by SBFirefox »

Offline Mooncruiser

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Major General
    • View Profile
Re: Dropping In From Ohio
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2012, 09:54:18 PM »
Where will you be in AZ? (UofA, NAU, ASU, etc)
~~ All men should know before they die, what they are running to, and from, and why ~~

AIRSOFT ADDICTS
Saguaro Airsoft Team

Offline SBFirefox

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2012, 10:02:59 PM »
I will be at ASU, Tempe campus.

Offline Arcane

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2012, 11:04:18 PM »
Small world.  Firefox, you'd know me by my old AO handle Triarius.  Welcome to AA, although I'm a recent migrant myself...

Offline SBFirefox

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2012, 10:59:15 AM »
Hey! Yeah I've seen you around on the forums before, were you at any of the Night Archers back at Splatterpark? I think I may have met you once or twice on the field. What brings you to AZ? It's good to know there's some other Ohio guys on here.

Offline spazz

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2012, 11:44:12 AM »
we are allways glad to have new players. cant wait to meet you at a game... and shoot you. lol.
never underestimate the things you dont know.
P90 is no longer the b***h gun!
AIRSOFT ADDICTS
Saguaro Airsoft Team

Offline Arcane

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2012, 03:45:05 PM »
@ Firefox, yeah, I was at a few Night Archers, as well as the first Redemption, and a few ops at Roseville.  Moved to AZ for work, which has been a double edged sword, as I'm working a lot of weekend shifts.

@ Spazz, careful bro, Firefox is gonna be a skilled shooter like myself, they grow airsofters tough back in Ohio... ;)

Offline Red Devil

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2012, 04:21:46 PM »
Welcome from one ohioan to another.I was born in Toledo but have been here for 24 yrs.When you get into town look me up.I am not far from where you will be at.My team plays every weekend.
82nd Airborne 1989-1993 Rangers Lead The Way

Age,fac ut gaudeam!

Offline claymore

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2012, 04:33:30 PM »
WOOT WOOT ASU!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol welcome brother

Offline SBFirefox

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2012, 08:52:28 PM »
Thank you everybody for the warm welcome, I'm surprised to see as many Ohioans on these boards as there are lol!

Arcane: roger on all accounts I can understand the animosity about moving across the country. I'm going willingly and it's still a bit rough knowing I'll be quite a bit away from home. When I get in town we'll have to hit a game together sometime.

Red Devil: I will hit you up when I get in town. Knowing there are some teams around here that play almost every weekend is great news. I am anxious to hit the ground running once I get settled in on campus.

Claymore: Glad to meet a fellow Sun Devil on here!! Thanks for the warm welcome bro! Hopefully I'll see you around campus sometime. Are you on the main campus at Tempe?

Offline spazz

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2012, 10:16:30 PM »
arcane: i prefer skilled shooters, takes to lil time killing noobs that dont know the limits of their guns yet. and he can be as skilled as he wants, but it wont stop me from shooting him in the back while he crawling through the bush. lol, you should know this.
miss you buddy, when you gonna come out again?

sbfirefox:
watch yur back, im sneaky and will be in the last place you expect me to be.
i hope you get settled in quickly, so you can come out and play with us.
hope you like the heat though, i have a feeling that its gonna be hot as hell this year.
AIRSOFT ADDICTS
Saguaro Airsoft Team

Offline Arcane

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2012, 03:09:25 PM »
@ spazz, dunno man, either when I get Saturdays or Sundays off (har!) or night games...I'm hoping for night games this summer

Offline SBFirefox

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2012, 03:20:26 PM »
Spazz, I tend to be fairly sneaky myself. There is a reason the word "fox" is in my callsign ;) Hopefully I'll see you at an event this summer sooner than later. We'll have a good go at each other :) Oh and Arcane if there's a night game around count me in man I love that stuff!!

Offline spazz

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2012, 10:30:30 AM »
i look forward to seeing you.
you will see me, i play allmost every week.
even during the summer months.
AIRSOFT ADDICTS
Saguaro Airsoft Team