Author Topic: Operation: Red Dawn  (Read 1368 times)

Offline DarrK

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Staff Sergeant
    • View Profile
Operation: Red Dawn
« on: January 23, 2012, 08:55:17 AM »
So, as some of you may know, they are making a remake of Operation Red Dawn that's slated to be released later this year, and while I think the Koreans invading is nowhere as cool as the Russians invading, I think it might be a good time to just gauge some interest on this topic.

What would the community say about an Operation Red Dawn game this Fall? Russian Invade, US Military fights back, assisted by the under-armed, but bold, Wolverines!

It would be run with some pretty specialized missions I've been working on, I was thinking about setting up some sort of distress beacon from a radio (short range), but use one of those child radios/snip off an older one, so the signal can't reach far at all, so the Russians/Military are trying to hunt down the location of the signal, while the Russians are trying to fight off the Wolverines.

While the Wolverines wouldn't be able to win the game on their own, they would be able to keep the Russians busy enough so that the (underpowered) US Army could complete theirs.

Offline Mooncruiser

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Major General
    • View Profile
Re: Operation: Red Dawn
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2012, 02:34:08 PM »
Dunno. The tech part sounds okay but really, it's still just a three-way game. All the rest is fluff.
Find a way to spice up the actual gameplay more.
~~ All men should know before they die, what they are running to, and from, and why ~~

AIRSOFT ADDICTS
Saguaro Airsoft Team

Offline theFlyingTrumpet

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2012, 02:44:52 PM »
If you're looking for an area.... might I suggest outside of Prescott. Drive for a little bit and you're in quiet mountains away from civilization. Really cool area. I don't know the legality of course, and that might be far for some people... But for a Red Dawn scenario I think you'd have to have it in the woods.

Otherwise, Red Dawn is one of my favorite movies, and a Red Dawn scenario would be cool if you got the radio deal set up. I'd be down. (If I am free)
Mazatzal Security Solutions - MSS Airsoft Team
"Medic! Medic! ......GINGY!!!!"

Offline DarrK

• Staff Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2012, 03:02:31 PM »
Dunno. The tech part sounds okay but really, it's still just a three-way game. All the rest is fluff.
Find a way to spice up the actual gameplay more.

Did you go to STALKER, maybe use a similar system?

Any ideas?

Offline Legion7

• Private First Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2012, 03:42:12 PM »
Wow these scenarios sound pretty sweet in my mind, good job. But he is right when it does need to be spiced up, could we throw in a random small army of demolition snipers with claymores or mines? Just to add to the chaos of the invaders?

Offline Mooncruiser

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2012, 06:05:21 PM »
+1 legion.
The trick is not to have TOO much going on, but to throw a wrench in once in awhile.. Keep the overall game simple, but make the few objectives challenging.
KISS principle.
As for STALKER, -have a chat with Exarach.
~~ All men should know before they die, what they are running to, and from, and why ~~

AIRSOFT ADDICTS
Saguaro Airsoft Team

Offline Legion7

• Private First Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2012, 06:22:52 PM »
Thank you, i also had a thought, what about putting up broad obstacles, big enough so its not a death trap, but small enough that it doesnt make it too easy to sneak across. I was thinking of some barb wire to crawl under or a netted fence or something that they have to climb over, stuff like that. What do you guys think, i do know barb wire is hard to come by at that magnitued or expensive, but could use string and desert plants like the devils thorn or devils stick or stuff like that.

Offline ultimentra

• Staff Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2012, 07:19:32 PM »
Mooncruiser i don't think were talking the same brand of STALKER here. I would say go with something completely unique for this scenario. I have a few ideas darr, we can talk more later at the february pickups.
"Strike true and strike with precision."
"Faith is my shield, contempt is my sword."

Offline Mooncruiser

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2012, 09:51:52 PM »
Its all good. I'm looking forward to what you come up with.

AIRSOFT ADDICTS
Saguaro Airsoft Team