Author Topic: M700 A.I.C.What?! *updated 01/29/10*  (Read 5183 times)

Offline busta_cap

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
Re: INFO/Discussion thread: M700 SPS Tactical
« Reply #30 on: December 16, 2009, 11:10:05 PM »
Quote from: "Vince"

the aimpoint is painted now
Awesome, G&P conversion?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Vince

• Global Moderator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 17, 2009, 12:54:36 AM »
ya

"I was having dinner with Andrew Ho, and he said I should have COL McKnight lead airsofters in mock combat. I said, "That is the gayest idea I have ever heard." - John Lu

Offline Toast

• Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 17, 2009, 08:41:08 AM »
Busta, which platform are you using? Tanaka? KJW?
Probably a dumb question but are you using a tapped mag with an air rig for the Nitro?
I say zero in with that scope and push it out to 50yrds. You should be able to get the same groupings.
That would be a good baseline.
"Oderint Dum Metuant"

Offline busta_cap

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 17, 2009, 09:32:33 PM »
Quote from: "Toast"
Probably a dumb question but are you using a tapped mag with an air rig for the Nitro?
I say zero in with that scope and push it out to 50yrds. You should be able to get the same groupings.
Mix of both Platforms. But mostly KJW. The mag is not tapped, I was using a custom fill valve to fill the mag with nitro.

Offline XavierMace

• Site Admin
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Major General
    • View Profile
    • http://www.xaviermace.com
« Reply #34 on: December 17, 2009, 09:41:29 PM »
Quote from: "busta_cap"
Mix of both Platforms. But mostly KJW. The mag is not tapped, I was using a custom fill valve to fill the mag with nitro.

IMO, that's part of your problem then.  I've seen your previous thoughts on the KJW, but with all do respect, it's a well established fact the KJW are very inconsistent guns.  Yes, going to HPA (or similar) on an external rig makes a large difference, but they are still less consistent than Tanaka's out fo the box.  I had two KJW's before breaking down and just getting a Tanaka.  The stock Tanaka shot better right of the box than the KJW's ever did, even after upgrades.

Offline busta_cap

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 18, 2009, 04:35:14 AM »
Quote from: "XavierMace"

IMO, that's part of your problem then.  I've seen your previous thoughts on the KJW, but with all do respect, it's a well established fact the KJW are very inconsistent guns.  Yes, going to HPA (or similar) on an external rig makes a large difference, but they are still less consistent than Tanaka's out fo the box.  I had two KJW's before breaking down and just getting a Tanaka.  The stock Tanaka shot better right of the box than the KJW's ever did, even after upgrades.
Out of the box performance means nothing to me. My conversion will leave basically one thing KJW, the 'receiver' which has no effect on performance. If you aren't doing a complete overhaul, the Tanaka is better for quality of build..But honestly I had an M40a1 before they discontinued them and it SUCKED.. The stock was terrible quality, most of the screws stripped right away, the barrel that it comes with is a joke and accuracy even after dumping 400$ into it, was terrible.EDIT: Note that the reason I got poor results when it came to the accuracy was most likely because I stuck with the Terrible-Tanaka hopup setup.

Let's look at the numbers side by side.

Balls out KJW:
KJW M700 Police - $190
G&G power bolt -$ 67.50
Tanaka Hi cap mag - $71.00
PDI 6.01 Cold rolled steel inner barrel -$140
Custom barrel spacers  - $ 20
Bestgun Alum cnc chamber  - $50
KM TN steel impact plate $13
G&G Rubber seal set - $13
G&G knocker and plunger arm - $20
Gas valve spring $3
SCS straight bucking $15
SCS nub $6.00

Total: $608.50
The only thing still KJW is the stock, receiver, outer barrel and trigger mechanisms(which honestly are fine, i have one apart right now)

Balls Out Tanaka
M700 Police - $430
G&G power bolt -$ 67.50
PDI 6.01 Cold rolled steel inner barrel -$140
Tanaka Hi cap mag - $71.00
2roy/KA VSR-10 Conversion kit -$90
Custom barrel spacers  - $ 20
Bestgun Alum cnc chamber  - $50
KM TN steel impact plate $13
G&G Rubber seal set - $13
G&G knocker and plunger arm - $20
Gas valve spring $3
SCS straight bucking $15
SCS nub $6.00

Total -$938
And what is left that is tanaka? The stock, trigger mech, receiver, and outer barrel.

That $300 bucks can go to a dedicated air rig, a custom stock, custom bull barrel, supressor (watch out for ATF though ;) )etc etc etc. In fact you can usually find quite a few Tanaka parts guns for under 100$ on AirsoftForum.com if you feel so inclined. I once had a hardon too for the Tanaka rifles, but after having one and tinkered with a few, no thanks.

Offline XavierMace

• Site Admin
  • Administrator
  • Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 18, 2009, 04:18:50 PM »
You are replacing parts on the Tanaka that there's not a reason to replace.  There's no reason to get the G&G Power Bolt.  I had one, used it once, then put the stock bolt back in.  You lose the ability to adjust your FPS and it puts it above most field limits here in state.   Plus, why are you getting both the Best Gun chamber (which last I checked is all but impossible to find these days) and the KA VSR conversion kit on the Tanaka?  Between the bolt and chamber, that gets it within $100 of the KJW and IMO, the trigger and external quality of the Tanaka is worth the $100.

Offline busta_cap

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 18, 2009, 06:03:32 PM »
You are replacing parts on the Tanaka that there's not a reason to replace.  There's no reason to get the G&G Power Bolt.  I had one, used it once, then put the stock bolt back in.  You lose the ability to adjust your FPS and it puts it above most field limits here in state.   Plus, why are you getting both the Best Gun chamber (which last I checked is all but impossible to find these days) and the KA VSR conversion kit on the Tanaka?  Between the bolt and chamber, that gets it within $100 of the KJW and IMO, the trigger and external quality of the Tanaka is worth the $100.

1. All the new Tanaka's do not have PCS. They are strictly just under 1j from the factory on green gas.
2. The bolt is to be replaced because it is made of steel and a much higher quality piece than Tanaka or KJW makes.
3. You Can adjust your FPS with a custom air rig.
4. The best gun chamber was in reference to the chamber housing(sorry should have cleared that up) not the hopup set. The best Gun hopup set is crap. The KA/2roy VSR conversion is proven to be the best bang for the buck. If you don't believe me, Call Mike @ Right Hook Fabrication, or Ben Satori @ Satori Industries (Makers of polarstar, EdGI, edgi custom works.)

Update:

I have begun a partnership with a new airsoft manufacturer to manufacture the remaining prototypes and one-off pieces to finish up the first rifle. I don't want to give away much just yet but the gun will feature a real steel stock bedded for the m700 airsoft long action, free float CNC machined bull barrel(inner and outer), as well as a possible "SOPMOD" type rail system, similar to what you will find on the M24a2/a3

Offline XavierMace

• Site Admin
  • Administrator
  • Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 18, 2009, 06:27:38 PM »

1. All the new Tanaka's do not have PCS. They are strictly just under 1j from the factory on green gas.
2. The bolt is to be replaced because it is made of steel and a much higher quality piece than Tanaka or KJW makes.
4. The best gun chamber was in reference to the chamber housing(sorry should have cleared that up) not the hopup set. The best Gun hopup set is crap. The KA/2roy VSR conversion is proven to be the best bang for the buck. If you don't believe me, Call Mike @ Right Hook Fabrication, or Ben Satori @ Satori Industries (Makers of polarstar, EdGI, edgi custom works.)

1) They may not have PCS, but last I checked, the Export versions are still over 1j.  Plus, it's not like the old ones are impossible to find.
2) Which gains what?  Just because it can be made from a better material doesn't mean it should.  I've never had a problem with the stock bolt in either gun, which is this doing for me?
3) Yes, but having a PCS bolt would allow you to keep using stock mags if needed.
4) Which is all good and well, but why doesn't that KJW have that factored in?

Offline busta_cap

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 18, 2009, 06:30:14 PM »

1) They may not have PCS, but last I checked, the Export versions are still over 1j.  Plus, it's not like the old ones are impossible to find.
2) Which gains what?  Just because it can be made from a better material doesn't mean it should.  I've never had a problem with the stock bolt in either gun, which is this doing for me?
3) Yes, but having a PCS bolt would allow you to keep using stock mags if needed.
kjw doesn't need the 2roy..it doesn't even need the best gun alum chamber.

Offline XavierMace

• Site Admin
  • Administrator
  • Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 18, 2009, 07:00:47 PM »

kjw doesn't need the 2roy..it doesn't even need the best gun alum chamber.

It's been a while since I had a KJW, but why not?

Offline busta_cap

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
Re: M700 A.I.C.What?! *updated 01/28/10*
« Reply #41 on: January 28, 2010, 07:40:09 PM »
Updated 1/28/10. See first post for details.