Author Topic: AW338 (AWP)  (Read 4277 times)

Offline VTT

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile
Re: AW338 (AWP)
« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2010, 02:59:42 PM »
oooh ok that makes sense. So how far are your tanakas currently shooting accurately?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Guest »
VTT - Volk Tactical Team.

Offline XavierMace

• Site Admin
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Major General
    • View Profile
    • http://www.xaviermace.com
« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2010, 09:01:12 AM »
Quote from: "VTT"
oooh ok that makes sense. So how far are your tanakas currently shooting accurately?

The stock one?  Probably 250ft, maybe a bit further.  The upgraded one?  At it's prime, I'd say about 330ft, maybe 350ft.  Needs a new bucking right now though.  I'm working on a review of the Bell M700 (Tanaka clone) that you might want to check out as it has some interesting discoveries about the Bell.  It's got a lot of the typical Chinese poor QC in it, but they also did a few things right.  As in better than the post ban Tanaka's.

Offline VTT

• Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 08, 2010, 02:30:23 PM »
Wow, 250ft is pretty good. That seems like it should already be a clear advantage in distance over most guns. Now I kind of want the tanaka m40. I might just buy that and test out how I like it stock since I'm not that good with all the upgrades. But yeah I'll check out the Bell for sure.

Thanks again! haha

Offline airsoftguy01

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 08, 2010, 02:38:31 PM »
Quote from: "XavierMace"

The stock one?  Probably 250ft, maybe a bit further.  The upgraded one?  At it's prime, I'd say about 330ft, maybe 350ft.  Needs a new bucking right now though.  I'm working on a review of the Bell M700 (Tanaka clone) that you might want to check out as it has some interesting discoveries about the Bell.  It's got a lot of the typical Chinese poor QC in it, but they also did a few things right.  As in better than the post ban Tanaka's.

Sorry, I think you have a pretty bad sense of distance. 250ft? No... Not with the hopup design that comes with the Tanaka. But if you can show me in person or in a video where they are 250ft man accurate, please do...

Offline VTT

• Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 08, 2010, 02:52:45 PM »
Lol, i'm not gonna lie... 250ft does seem a bit far for a stock airsoft gun. That's like how far I usually shoot a real gun even though they can go much farther haha.

If they do hit a target 250ft away accurately though I'm definitely buying one asap :P.

Offline XavierMace

• Site Admin
  • Administrator
  • Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 08, 2010, 03:32:48 PM »
Quote from: "airsoftguy01"

Sorry, I think you have a pretty bad sense of distance. 250ft? No... Not with the hopup design that comes with the Tanaka. But if you can show me in person or in a video where they are 250ft man accurate, please do...

Just out of curiosity, how far do you think your magical KJW will hit someone at?

Edit:  I can't access YouTube at work, so I'll look some more when I get home but most of the reviews I see for Tanaka M700's also state they were able to hit a man sized target in stock form at 225-250ft.

Offline Terreus

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Staff Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 12, 2010, 09:28:45 AM »
I have the Tanaka L96 with the integrated barrel suppressor, and it rocks. But i really do need a replacement stock for it. Mine broke, and i've searched everywhere for a replacement, and still havent found one. If anyone knows where to get one or if RS stocks are compatible with tanaka rifles, could you post here or PM me? thanks
EA is the great Satan of gaming

Offline VTT

• Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 12, 2010, 04:43:30 PM »
Search it on ebay. I've seen the m700 AICS stocks on there but I'm not sure if it's the same fit.

Offline XavierMace

• Site Admin
  • Administrator
  • Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 12, 2010, 04:55:06 PM »
Quote from: "Terreus"
I have the Tanaka L96 with the integrated barrel suppressor, and it rocks. But i really do need a replacement stock for it. Mine broke, and i've searched everywhere for a replacement, and still havent found one. If anyone knows where to get one or if RS stocks are compatible with tanaka rifles, could you post here or PM me? thanks

Are you sure your's is an L96, not an AICS?

To that end, how do you break a stock?

Offline airsoftguy01

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 13, 2010, 12:18:29 AM »
Quote from: "airsoftguy01"

Just out of curiosity, how far do you think your magical KJW will hit someone at?

Edit:  I can't access YouTube at work, so I'll look some more when I get home but most of the reviews I see for Tanaka M700's also state they were able to hit a man sized target in stock form at 225-250ft.

In its current form in a pile of crap? Well it won't..

Airsofter reviews are crap, because most airsofters a bunch of idiots with little sense of distance and generally full of crap. 300-350ft shots are obtainable, but just not something you can do with money and a little time. You really need to invest some serious cash..and even then, you are lobbing a tiny little bb and if you even hit someone at that range they are probably not going to feel it or call it.

My rule of thumb is that range is limited to the flat trajectory the hop up produces, so if you can "hit" something at 300ft but 50ft of that is hop up lobbing up then down, that really isn't real range.

I've seen 99/100 videos on youtube of people shooting the Tanaka's and other guns, trust me, none of those guys were hitting 225-250 accurately out of the box. It just doesn't happen with that gun.

Offline VTT

• Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 13, 2010, 12:09:37 PM »
Either way, if it's shooting 150-200ft decently accurate out of the box that should compete with the AEG's out there. I'm not looking to get a ridiculously far snipe, I just want something that will be reliable and has just a bit more range than an AEG.

Offline carbon14c

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 13, 2010, 04:38:13 PM »
Either way, if it's shooting 150-200ft decently accurate out of the box that should compete with the AEG's out there. I'm not looking to get a ridiculously far snipe, I just want something that will be reliable and has just a bit more range than an AEG.

i've been holding back on this for three pages now.. but why don't you just use an AEG with a slightly higher energy output and disable full-auto? if you tune the hop-up right and all that, you'll have that advantage you seek... you'll rack up the kills faster than with a BASR (maybe) and you won't be limited by magazines/gas ($$$$$)
see you space cowboy...

Offline airsoftguy01

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 13, 2010, 05:42:00 PM »

Then why bother with a gas bolt action? Buy my KJW, In its current form(a few bucks in upgrades) I can hit torso's are 225ft all day long(measured, verified by people who had welts)

Offline VTT

• Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 14, 2010, 03:47:48 PM »
Carbon normally I would do that but if I have a gun that looks like it can shoot full auto, I like to use it in full auto. And it's not so much that I want to "rack up hits" (even though it's fun), but I just find getting a hit with a bolt action more satisfying.

One of the main reasons that I want to do this is to not be at an advantage, but just to make it somewhat fair. I feel like DMR's are slighting unfair since they get such high fps limits but you can still put out 10bbs a second lol. Although I'm not complaining at all that people use them, nor do I care.

You'll probably disagree with what I'm saying but everyone observes differently. I just think it would be more fun going all out recon instead of just partially with a DMR. And if I want to swap it out for a game I can always just use a trusty echo1 g36 the next game :P it never fails me.