Author Topic: What Do You Prefer?  (Read 3109 times)

Offline VinylScratch

• Trade Count: (0)
  • FNG
  • Live Like the Best Or Die like The Rest
    • View Profile
    • My Steam!
What Do You Prefer?
« on: June 17, 2012, 04:27:19 PM »
Spring Sniper Rifles? Or Gas/Electric?
Lemme Know what Ya Think?
[img]http://i796.photobucket.com/albums/yy245/kbelzowski/M4VD-PH.png[/img[

Offline SpiritOfSimo

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: What Do You Prefer?
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2012, 04:45:19 PM »
I prefer my manually operated, spring powered sniper rifle.

I am a very patient sniper, and I enjoy stalking and taking silent shots. I just got back from an epic game in the forests, and my rifle performed 10/10 ( not to say that my personal performance was 100%).  Not boasting or bragging, I just love sneaking / surprising.

To give credit where it is due, I've actually seen and used a few gas operated sniper weapon systems that were VERY quite, if not just as quite as a spring operated BASR. But, manually operated BASR's won't run out of gas, nor will they experience an inconsistency due to decline in pressure.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2012, 04:50:31 PM by SpiritOfSimo »

A sheepdog can bite from any distance.

Offline VinylScratch

• FNG
  • Live Like the Best Or Die like The Rest
    • View Profile
    • My Steam!
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2012, 05:12:47 PM »
Great Input ^
[img]http://i796.photobucket.com/albums/yy245/kbelzowski/M4VD-PH.png[/img[

Offline dasshiz

• Corporal
  • I shoot a spring gun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2012, 07:14:33 PM »
Spring, for the simplicity of the platform and  consistency.

Hpa rigs can be nice and consistent but I don't like running a remote line, it just feels unrealistic.
TM Vsr-10 450 fps
Echo 1 G36c
Echo 1 G36
Cyma Ak74u(cm.045a)

Offline asof elites

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • First Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2012, 08:22:11 PM »
I use an AEG and i think it is a good sniper platform, because if there is a little too many "bad guys" by you you are able to shoot alot faster that a spring operated sniper. although, Spring snipers are more accurate in my opinion.
My gear collection costs more than my car...

Offline alteclansig

• Staff Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2012, 09:06:03 PM »
hmmm for having fun i like gas snipers...the WE svd is just awesome to shoot but  for performance no gas sniper comes close to the power and accuracy of the tanaka l96... 400 fps on 134A!!!!

Offline DesertEagleLover

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2012, 09:19:13 PM »
Isn't there already a thread for this?

Offline bailey5671

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • First Sergeant
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRedviper12?feature=mhum
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2012, 09:19:47 PM »
Apparently this old post is being revived? I hands down go AEG all the way.Yyou simply cant get the amount of rounds, perfromance, durability, options of parts,  etc from any other type of weapon.
The Only Thing You Should Feel When Shooting Someone is Recoil...

Offline Major payne

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Master Sergeant
  • Fe-Fi-Fo-Fum. What beanstalk did you fall from?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2012, 09:02:17 PM »
I have tried spring sniper platforms, gas blow backs, and AEG's. I have found that an AEG provides a lot options for MilSim, and nice options for upgrades. I have tuned my KWA to a 440 fps 18 bps killer that has the same range as any "sniper" rifle. I truley enjoy my AEG and a round using a spring rifle or a GBB is nice from time to time but they still push me back to my AEG.
John 15:13 Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friend

G4-A1 Hard Externals with Custom GB
2x KJW Custom Glock 23's

Offline Tiedyeftw

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sergeant
  • custom custom custom custom custom
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2012, 06:09:49 AM »
It really all depends on the Style of gameplay that you're going for. There are perks to all 3 types of airsoft guns out there.
Ill try to keep it simple and organized.

Spring rifles are fun if you're going for a certain type of role as an outdoor player. With a spring operated sniper, you're probably going to want to be playing much less aggressively than your other counterparts. Sping-powered Snipers are generally too big for cqb, too slow to re-chamber another round, and not ideal to be clearing multiple areas with.
Performance wise-
-they get consistant FPS
-they can travel far, fast, and accurate
-they dont require ANY battery scource. you can grab it and you're good to go.
-little maintinence

Now, lets talk about AEG's. even though they are battery operated, having a good quality/ reliable battery will ensure the performance and longevity of your gun. Aeg's can be good for feild or cqb gameplay, because you have large magazines, automatic fire, and maneuverability. its very easy to get from point A to point B, and clear whatever targets you need to. In a field scenario, when you see some enemies moving, you can easily hose them down and supress their fire, unlike having a spring-action sniper setup. you can also alter the fps, accuracy , and persormance of AEG's.
Performance wise-
-battery required to operate, but lasts a long time.
-upgradable in performance, longevity, and customizability
-easy to load magazines readily available with higher capacites
-maintinence required every once in a LONG while.

Now, lets talk gas guns. these types of weapons can be ideal for any type of gameplay that yu're looking to get into. but unlike AEG's, gas guns are powered by, you guessed it, gas. rather than a battery. Most people buy gas guns for the realism and satisfaction they are to shoot. but they can get hard to maintinence, and replacement parts are not always available. Another bad thing is that-the gas is stored in the magizenes, thus giving you LIMITED room for bb's. Every mag you own is suddenly a lowcap, and the gun needs it to even function! The #1 best perk about a gas gun though, is the trigger response. you gont have to wait on the gears of an AEG to cycle, because the second you pull that trigger, gas is released and your bb sent down range.  These kinds of weapons are Ideal for CQB type enviornments, or even feilds. because that split second that one takes from firing off the first shot could mean life or death. (or staying in the game. lol) 
Performance wise-
-realism
-trigger response
-generally high in fps, but downgradable for cqb.
-gas refill required to operate after EVERY magazine

Overall, and in my personal opinion, AEG's are the most Versitile weapons to own. Because you can alter them to perform any way you're looking to go with as an airsofter. You can make them shoot faster or harder. you can maintinence them, and EVERYTHING is easy to replace and readily available. You can install a barrel that will help you get better accuracy. you can upgrade your battery/wiring/gears to help you get a faster trigger response.  And you can customize them to be ideal for any type of style that you want to play.
So AEG's would be the best choice.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 06:14:33 AM by Tiedyeftw »
I realize that while most people suck, there are still some genuine characters that exist out here. I'll show my appreciation by being genuine in return.
Love the sport.