Author Topic: Has anyone used this one????  (Read 4770 times)

Offline seph6885

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Staff Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2005, 09:25:46 PM »
Quote from: "USMC-Greg"
Regardless of the previous posts, :roll:
for the price of the RAP4 airsoft stuff, you can buy a VERY solid (metal) AEG from Classic Army or G&G. I don't believe the RAP4 has very much recoil. Watching the video on their site, the gun really does not seem to move at all when fired. It does look like it could use normal TM-type mags, though, just like most other AR/M4/etc AEGs out there. I'd be interested to see the airsoft version, but I definitely wouldn't want to be the first kid on my block to shell out the cash for one. If you get it, give us a good report.

yea hes definitely right on that one. and about the ksc m11a1 if you were interested, i have one and i love it. it fires well and sounds great on full auto. and our of curiosity, which aeg did you test fire that you thought wasnt very solid? i would say go with a nicely equipped aeg before going with this rap4 thing. it probably isnt that great if you dont see it very often.

-shaun
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by seph6885 »

after throwing a man through a window..
newsreporter: \"is there anything you regret about what you did?\"
charles: \"yea, i regret we weren\'t on a higher floor\"

Offline GUNFIGHTER6

• Staff Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2005, 01:03:30 AM »
I don't know which brand it was that i tested, but it was an M4 variant.  If I go with the Rap4, I'll definitely review it thoroughly.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by GUNFIGHTER6 »

1st Special Operations Rapid Deployment Company - Airsoft Team

Offline Ghostsequel

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2005, 12:01:46 PM »
Hey Gunfighter, welcome to the game, man.  For a new guy starting out, an aeg would probably be the best bet, but you can get whatever the heck you want.  I'm not a huge fan of aeg's either, I don't like the sound of them, or the complexity of the machinery and stuff.  And I've seen quite a few of them crap out all of a sudden for no reason at all.  I have a KJW M9 GBB, and I love gas guns.  Much cooler, great sound, recoil, etc.  I personally think a gas powered M4 would be pretty damn sweet.

Before you buy one though, try to fire several different brands and types of guns to get a feel for what you like.  I have an SRC SR4 and I like the feel of it, it's pretty damn sturdy I think.  Just find out what you enjoy, what works for you, and go for it.  And give us a review.  ;)

And try to ignore the people that try to pull the whole bad-ass tough-guy thing around these forums.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Ghostsequel »

Offline GUNFIGHTER6

• Staff Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2005, 05:43:58 PM »
Thanks ghost.  I'm still trying to find some place I can check one of them out without having to drive to california.  I may just have to take a chance and buy one though.  I'm pretty sure they have a return policy.  In any case if at all possible I will post a thorough review of it.

Offline andyhinds

• Major General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2005, 06:07:28 PM »
Quote from: "GUNFIGHTER6"
Thanks ghost.  I'm still trying to find some place I can check one of them out without having to drive to california.  I may just have to take a chance and buy one though.  I'm pretty sure they have a return policy.  In any case if at all possible I will post a thorough review of it.

We had new people today trying out different AEG's.  You might want to show up to a game and try out some different AEG's before you make your purchase, sometimes something looks cool, but has a weird feel to it, doesn't live up to your expectations or is too heavy.  Most people don't mind letting somebody try shooting their AEG if they are trying to make up their mind which one to buy.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by andyhinds »

Offline Bullseye

• Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2005, 07:46:39 AM »
Quote from: "USMC-Greg"
Regardless of the previous posts, :roll:
for the price of the RAP4 airsoft stuff, you can buy a VERY solid (metal) AEG from Classic Army or G&G. I don't believe the RAP4 has very much recoil. Watching the video on their site, the gun really does not seem to move at all when fired. It does look like it could use normal TM-type mags, though, just like most other AR/M4/etc AEGs out there. I'd be interested to see the airsoft version, but I definitely wouldn't want to be the first kid on my block to shell out the cash for one. If you get it, give us a good report.

Greg's +1 on this

I use a gas-operated (Propane, not CO2) -16 by KWC and I love the thing! Sure it's old (6+ years - but how many people can say the same about their AEG's?) but nothing beats the expression on everybody's face when it lights off...
       (Missle Tank a couple months ago:
              (me) Weapon Check!
              (Vince) What was that?
                (Ogre) Gas m-16..........
                    (me) :S**t-eatin' grin: )

HOWEVER - that price tag seems pretty steep - especially @ 550 for the "base unit" plus the 110 for the "airsoft kit". For that kinda cash you could buy TWO TM's (or THREE SRC's) - or a high end SAW....

And 400fps puts you right at the limit for play - any pressure variance and.....
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Bullseye »
Field Cmdr, Fatal Exception

He who dies with the most toys...
... is still dead. http://www.tucsoncoalition.com http://www.teamfe0.com

Offline GUNFIGHTER6

• Staff Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2005, 09:43:27 AM »
No $550 is the cost of one thats already converted.  They sell the conversion kits for those who already own the paintball version.

Offline Ranger_Robby

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2005, 05:28:53 AM »
I've had my TM M-16a2 (converted to M4) for three or four years now... and I bought it used... never had any real problems. you treat them right, they'll treat you right, plan and simple.

i see nothing about a hop-up device on that RAP4... there is something to research and think about...
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Ranger_Robby »
Quote from: \"Vince\"
ALRIGHT GIRLS YOU\'RE BOTH PRETTY

NOW SHUT THE **** UP

Offline MP5 NOOB

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2005, 03:39:19 PM »
Hummm, I wouldn't buy it because if it is hard to find someone who owns one. Then it mean that they are not that popular or they have problems. Don't make the same mestake I did.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by MP5 NOOB »

Offline GUNFIGHTER6

• Staff Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2005, 09:20:57 AM »
Of course using that logic you could say a ferrari wasn't worth while since very few people own them.  Thanks for the reply though.

Offline MP5 NOOB

• Corporal
    • View Profile
Acually,
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2005, 10:59:10 AM »
In Cali (I took a trip there) There is a buch of clubs with about 25 members all with Ferrari's and every one who owns them tells every one about it. Know if every one in AZ dosent know about this gun or if it is good or not I would at least approch this with extereme caution.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by MP5 NOOB »

Offline GUNFIGHTER6

• Staff Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2005, 08:01:12 PM »
Funny, I'll bet that if I had mentioned any kind of luxury or exotic car in the world you'd have said the same thing.  How about home made submarines?  Been around any clubs for owners of those? lol...please if you don't have any info on the topic please don't continue to respond.  Thanks.

Offline Comrade Commissar

• Staff Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2005, 03:07:02 PM »
Quote from: "Mooncruiser"
Marker... What pussies PB'ers have become.

Coming from paintball, I have to say that language is BS... However since Paintball is more in the lime light. More morons buy PB guns, they are cheaper and easeir to get, and end up shooting and hurting some one... Paintball sadly has more of a motivation to use this political BS i guess... Thats part of the reason i left, its not as serious, costs more, and too much political jargon...

I always called my paintball guns paintball guns... I used marker once or twice when making a video or two for school....

As for the RAP4, I think its too much of a hassel. Its cool, but you need to use shell casings, and i think your magazine capacity is limited too (im going off what i know about the paintball one). So.... The shell casings cost extra, and you will probably need a clunkly un attractive shell catcher too.... Not to mention Co2 is pretty unstable...

However, its been noted they use the same mags as other airsoft guns... If they do, then that cuts down on some of the cost.... For me the main reason for not wanting one is the starting price, and wether or not replacement parts are avaible (havent checked into that)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Comrade Commissar »
Present - Dboy Spr mod0, upgraded. Dboy Ak74, Stock. Hfc chrome Revolver, short
Past - CA Slr105, KWC 1911 Caspian, TM mp5sd6

Offline Ronox

• Corporal
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2006, 09:48:05 PM »
Quote from: "Ranger_Robby"
i see nothing about a hop-up device on that RAP4... there is something to research and think about...

I don't mean to be an ass, but what good would a hop up unit do for a projectile with fins?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Ronox »

Offline Vince

• Global Moderator
  • General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2006, 09:51:24 PM »
See how old this thread is?

It predates the finned ammunition. Please let it die the death it deserves.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Vince »

"I was having dinner with Andrew Ho, and he said I should have COL McKnight lead airsofters in mock combat. I said, "That is the gayest idea I have ever heard." - John Lu