Author Topic: Ask your upgrading question here.....  (Read 8491 times)

Offline deathbydanish

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Brigadier General
    • View Profile
Re: Ask your upgrading question here.....
« Reply #30 on: May 13, 2008, 01:56:13 PM »
Your reasoning throughout this thread escapes me, I don't know if you're trying to keep your gun field legal or if you want to fix a misfeed problem.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Guest »
Saguaro Airsoft Team

The quietest move is the most efficient one.

Offline Polie

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 13, 2008, 02:00:19 PM »
Quote from: "deathbydanish"
Your reasoning throughout this thread escapes me, I don't know if you're trying to keep your gun field legal or if you want to fix a misfeed problem.

my miss-feed should be fixed with the upgrading of the old parts.  ut im not sure what I should sink my $$$ into first.
"Dude! Your ride is sick as fuck!"

Offline oldgamefreak

• Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 15, 2008, 02:10:53 PM »
How can I "CRISP" up the selector switch on my CA MP5? At the moment it’s about as CRISP as oatmeal. I really want to know when I’m in semi without looking at the gun.
"America might have some problems, but it\'s our home. Our country. Our team. And if you don\'t want to root for your team, then just get the hell out of the stadium"........Stan Marsh

Offline corporalred

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
    • http://myspace.com/stealthislink
« Reply #33 on: May 15, 2008, 02:30:39 PM »

this kind of crisp?
Quote from: \"Vince\"
I\'ve touched that gun with my hand which had touched my penis. I hope you did not touch your mouth after touching that gun. That would mean your had put part of my penis in your mouth.

Offline oldgamefreak

• Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 15, 2008, 03:42:53 PM »
Quote from: "corporalred"

this kind of crisp?

DUDE....that's it........Why didn't I think of that :roll:
"America might have some problems, but it\'s our home. Our country. Our team. And if you don\'t want to root for your team, then just get the hell out of the stadium"........Stan Marsh

Offline JoJockAmo

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 15, 2008, 04:00:42 PM »
Quote from: "oldgamefreak"
How can I "CRISP" up the selector switch on my CA MP5? At the moment it’s about as CRISP as oatmeal. I really want to know when I’m in semi without looking at the gun.

A Few things or what it might be/ what might work. The physical selector switch has a spring detent that will click on to the groves/holes on the lower(like a M4). Those can be worn out, as the little retractable detent has cut deeper into the plastic body, causing the loss of it "clicking" solid in place. Or the selector plate and/or the selector nub (the piece that moves the selector plate) can be worn down ever so little causing the loss of a tight click. On the "selector nub" where it connects to the selector switch(on the left side pointing away from you), can be rounding out.<----THIS MIGHT BE A SOLUTION, BUT IT WILL JUST WARE OUT AGAIN BEING PLASTIC. The selector nub being rounded out is what causes the slop/delay/waggle-wiggle movement of the selector switch. Maybe a little bit stronger selector plate spring(not to strong or long of a spring)This will put little more pressure on the plate, which puts pressure on the selector nub, which is connected to the Selector switch.(you get it)  I found on the MP5 to be a combination of parts that are a little worn/smoothed out, that cause the lack of "clicking" into place. Unlike a M4 where the little ball detent clicks into the small holes of the lower to lock into place. I found just not using it keeps it tight! I have a 3-4 year old Mp5, still has a solid new feel to the selector switch, but I've only took it out for a few games.  :P

I think a metal "selector nub" would "fix" the loose play, but may cause more ware n' tear on the other plastic parts.

Try "building up" around the selector nub to give a tighter fit into the selector switch.  
PM for pics or questions. I'll try to update this post with pics if I have time

Hope this helps

THIS IS CETI ALPHA FIVE! (and don\'t you forget it)

Offline bopper9052

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 16, 2008, 08:17:28 PM »
Just a quick question, I was wondering if I put a set of helical high speed gears into my stock CA G36 will I need any other upgrades or such. new piston or what? Thanks in advance.
Blake Bays     Age: 16
Primary: Classic Army G36 with battery taped to the foregrip
              Akward: yes
             Works: Like a BEAST!

Offline Kodiak

• Staff Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 18, 2008, 07:02:20 PM »
This will be more of a downgrade, but it is sadly necessary. I am getting the CYMA cm036 AKM, which shoots an amazing 470 out of the box. I know very few of you would let me approach you with this. How would I go about getting it to 380-400? This will be my first "upgrade", so I don't really know what to do. I am guessing I only need a new spring, but what spring i need is the question if I guess correctly.

Thank you.

Offline Vince

• Global Moderator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 18, 2008, 07:08:40 PM »
Quote from: "Kodiak"
This will be more of a downgrade, but it is sadly necessary. I am getting the CYMA cm036 AKM, which shoots an amazing 470 out of the box. I know very few of you would let me approach you with this. How would I go about getting it to 380-400? This will be my first "upgrade", so I don't really know what to do. I am guessing I only need a new spring, but what spring i need is the question if I guess correctly.

Thank you.

Unless you really want an AKM, get a Dboys AK and upgrade it instead of the other way around.

"I was having dinner with Andrew Ho, and he said I should have COL McKnight lead airsofters in mock combat. I said, "That is the gayest idea I have ever heard." - John Lu

Offline Kodiak

• Staff Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 19, 2008, 03:06:15 PM »
Quote from: "Vince"
Quote from: "Kodiak"

Thank you.

Unless you really want an AKM, get a Dboys AK and upgrade it instead of the other way around.

I know your trying to help (thanks), but thats not my question. I'm not really a fan of the Dboy's AK's design (the stocks)/ It's the AKM I am going for. Besides, a spring is only 12 or so dollars right?

Just in case my tone is being interpreted as angry or something similar, It is not at all. Internet sucks at things like Tone.

Offline IRA42

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 16, 2008, 07:58:05 PM »
A&K M4 RIS SEAL what upgrades can i make?

Offline Raith

• Wait, what?
  • Global Moderator
  • Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 17, 2008, 12:34:49 AM »
Quote from: "IRA42"
A&K M4 RIS SEAL what upgrades can i make?

What are you looking to do?  I don't have any specific experience with an A&K M4, but I would speculate that they can take just about any upgrade, accessories, etc that any other M4 AEG can.
Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils.

Offline TheCzM

• Corporal
    • View Profile
Re: CA M15A4 Upgrading guidence
« Reply #42 on: June 18, 2008, 08:47:55 PM »
Hey i just am looking for some imput on how some things. Im relativly new to airsoft and there for have very little knowledge on the subject, and when it comes to upgrades and where to go and what not, i feel like im in a room with a thousand doors and i have to pick the right one(s). My CA is a used one i bought off of a kid since im a rather poor (college student, damn those books and tution). It has systema internals, and what he told me is a below stock spring, it has a tight bore (6.03) anodized, and a new hopup, i cant remember who made it either the bore or hop up, also has the short 11.5 inch barrel/bore. The gun has a high ROF, which i really like, but its FPS(idk what it is i would say low 300s) is lower than i want and its range is also limited. i have played with the hop-up and sights enough to were it shoots pretty true, a flyer here and there, and is accurate enough with iron sights, and im shooting excel .23s which shoot best with it. .20sgive me more FPS but they do not range well or shoot well, and .25s are to heavy and kill the FPS.

There is the specs/info on my gun. First i want to know what i should do about increasing the FPS, as in terms of a spring, looking for somewhere around 350 FPS. What/where/who should i get a spring from and either how do i install it, or who should i take it to who would do it for me. im good mechanically but i hear messing with gearboxes is tough if u have no idea what u are doing. The next question i have is what can i do about increasing the range of my AEG. Is it as simple as getting like Tight bore of some kind, that will give me something like 16inch, and then cover it up with a mock silencer, or what? and from what company should i buy the bore and silencer from if that is the best path to go?  If you could if it is possible keep in mind price since im well in college, i do not need the most expensive thing, just something that will be at a good price and is not crap, since i can not afford to waste money on something that does not work or does not do its job.(i do know that i will have to spend money, i just want to know the correct path to take and also the best cheapest way to go)

Please forgive me for any bad grammar or use of the wronge tech words im sorry. thanks in advance for your help.
"Vengeance is mine, saith the Lord" but He subcontracts.

Offline Vince

• Global Moderator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 18, 2008, 08:52:51 PM »
Madbull tightbore 6.03mm barrel of your chosen length is like $30 at Gearbox Airsoft (Southern and McClintock, Tempe AZ)
Modify SP100 $15?

Labor is $30 I think, so, $75?

You can get some sort of mock suppressor -- but I would order that online. You get a better selection. A KM suppressor of whatever length would be ok and cheap. Anything that's not a 'barrel extension' is good. Those are solid, heavy, and have no suppression characteristics.

Jared (BATMAN) does the work at Gearbox and his quality and attention to detail are fantastic.

I really think he does the best job out of anybody out there.

"I was having dinner with Andrew Ho, and he said I should have COL McKnight lead airsofters in mock combat. I said, "That is the gayest idea I have ever heard." - John Lu

Offline BATMAN

• Staff Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 19, 2008, 02:11:55 AM »
Thanks Vince!  I really appreciate that!

TheCzM:
It sounds to me like all your gun really need is just a higher tension spring and a tune-up.  If you bring it down to Gearbox, I can not only install that for you, but check the gun for any potential future issues, and give you a breakdown of what internals the last owner put in it, and if they were installed correctly.  Honestly, I just plain don't believe in doing second-rate work.  If it's going to be done, do it right the first time, and guarantee it.  That's what I go by, anyways.  :)  I'd be happy to help you out; just keep in mind that I take in work orders in the order they come in, so it can take up to a week or two.
-BATMAN