Author Topic: M4A1 upgrade info... good info for all guns though  (Read 734 times)

Offline Harley

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Major General
    • View Profile
M4A1 upgrade info... good info for all guns though
« on: November 13, 2002, 03:18:46 PM »
Most of you have seen the picture I posted of the Systema M120 springs.  Well you got to see those due to my deciding to tear into my gear box.  I installed a Systema M130 spring, Systema Flat Torque Up Gears and left the rest alone as it was already done.  Since I'm using a very short barrel which is about an inch longer than an MP5 inner barrel I haven't been able to get the gun to chrono close to 400, best I think I ever got was 370 and that was with a TN 6.04 full length M4 inner barrel.  So if my guesstimation is correct, I should be darn close to the 400 mark with it now.  Now the interesting part is that I could not get it to cycle with an 8.4 1500mah battery.  It would cock the piston back about 70% of the way and then hang.  I put in my 8.4 2000mah battery and it worked just fine.  I read that they recommend a 9.6 battery for Torque Up Gears but it looks like a higher MAH rating will do the trick too.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Harley »
\"Just because you\'re paranoid, doesn\'t mean they\'re not out to get you!\"

\"Have Gun - Will Travel\"