Author Topic: Look What I Found!  (Read 2349 times)

Offline m-79_Grenadier

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Staff Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2007, 05:33:36 PM »
The .577s are the more desierable of the two.

Have it cleaned up carefully, and checked to see if its safe to fire. (even if you dont plan on it, but it never hurts to be too safe). I dont know anyone in the scottsdale area, but there are a bunch of guys I know down here that can do it.

Look for missing pins and screws and have them replaced. Most are pretty common and are available at numerous places. Also,
www.ima-usa.com has authentic and reproduction white martini slings. They really bring the rifle out when its on. Brilliant white just ads that oh so british touch to any english military rifle.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by m-79_Grenadier »
Owns the REEEEL THAAAANG!

"No, I shall not be attending the funeral services..... though I do highly approve." -Mark Twain

Offline babybackribs

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2007, 05:49:28 PM »
All the pins and stuff are still there.  I like the black leather sling, since it is the original one that came with it.  Not sure about the white.  But all the other stuff looks pretty tempting.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by babybackribs »

Religion is a joke.

Offline m-79_Grenadier

• Staff Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2007, 09:51:36 PM »
White slings were mainly for parade issue and look really pretty, but if its the original sling thats still on there, I'd probably stay with that.

If you want to make it more of a collectors item, you can get all of the original accessories like the brass oil bottles, cleaning rods, brushes ect..

I have a no.1 MkIII .303 lee enfield with an original oiler, sling, cleaning kit, bandolier, and even a WWI dated canteen and helmet. I keep it as a display in my room. I love to see other enfield lovers drool at all of it when they see it. :D
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by m-79_Grenadier »
Owns the REEEEL THAAAANG!

"No, I shall not be attending the funeral services..... though I do highly approve." -Mark Twain

Offline babybackribs

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2007, 10:07:02 PM »
Quote from: "m-79_Grenadier"
If you want to make it more of a collectors item, you can get all of the original accessories like the brass oil bottles, cleaning rods, brushes ect..

That's what I'm getting.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by babybackribs »

Religion is a joke.