Author Topic: glocks  (Read 6050 times)

Offline **INFIDEL**

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Staff Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: glocks
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2009, 06:09:30 PM »
Or get a real handgun and purchase a SA 1911 Kimber or a Springfield....... ;) Unless all that Glock plastic  Is something you require like the toys we play with at the games....... :|
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Guest »
** VINI VEDE VECE **

Offline eggman998

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2009, 09:13:34 PM »
Quote from: "**INFIDEL**"
Or get a real handgun and purchase a SA 1911 Kimber or a Springfield....... ;) Unless all that Glock plastic  Is something you require like the toys we play with at the games....... :|

right now its more about cost than anything else.  we are in a bit of a slump (well we all are to some extent) but my dad really wants to get a pistol.  I'd LOVE to get a nice quality .45 1911, but unfortunately my dad doesnt like them =(
I guess itll have to wait until I'm of age to purchase one of my own.

Quote from: \"Polie\"
Just like underwear, you have those one pair of silk boxers with the frogs that just \'fits\' better than anything else and no matter what anyone says its whats best for you.

Offline Polie

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2009, 12:35:02 AM »
Quote from: "eggman998"
Quote from: "**INFIDEL**"

right now its more about cost than anything else.  we are in a bit of a slump (well we all are to some extent) but my dad really wants to get a pistol.  I'd LOVE to get a nice quality .45 1911, but unfortunately my dad doesnt like them =(
I guess itll have to wait until I'm of age to purchase one of my own.

the get a Springfield XD OR a EAA Witness Match .45 ACP.  I LOVE mine!!!! The trigger is just awesome.  I would put it against ANY Kimber any day.  (and the best thing is they used to be about $500 but that was pre-Osama I mean Obama)
"Dude! Your ride is sick as fuck!"

Offline Raith

• Wait, what?
  • Global Moderator
  • Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2009, 01:52:32 AM »
If you're in a monetary slump and plan on shooting it as much as you should be - Ammunition costs might be the determining factor.  Its been a while since I've looked at .45 pricing, but I seem to remember it being something like 1.5-2x the price of 9mm for the most part.  Whatever difference in price of whatever gun you choose may be absorbed into ammunition costs.

I doubt many instructors/gunfighters/faceshooters/etc would say that caliber will magically trump skill.
Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils.

Offline Polie

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2009, 02:14:53 AM »
The best pistol and caliber is the one YOU can control, fire safely, and fire accurately.  What ever works for you.  The BEST thing you can do is go rent a gun at Scottsdale Gun Club and try it out.  Hell even take the CCW class.  If you want I can go with you that way you get free range time with my membership, there may even be a discounted rental.  Oh and if you go with me you can shoot my pistols as well and see if you like them. lol  Try Glocks, 1911's, revolvers, as well as 9mm, 10mm, .40's, .45's, ect ect ect.  9mm is cheaper to buy, but if you do not shoot that much or if you reload your own the price should not be too bad.  If you DO end up shooting allot, go buy a nice little .22 you can shoot it all day for $15.  I love me little .22 plus you then have something to train your gf or your soon-to-be gf on a pistol thats not loud or has allot of recoil.  

So basically to summarize, we can preach all day about pistols, calibers, and how to carry but ultimately it is up to YOU as to whats best.  Just like underwear, you have those one pair of silk boxers with the frogs that jut 'fits' better than anything else and no matter what anyone says its whats best for you.

EDIT: I just saw that your 15, the offer goes for your pa as well :)

Offline eggman998

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2009, 05:18:05 PM »
Quote from: "Polie"
The best pistol and caliber is the one YOU can control, fire safely, and fire accurately.  What ever works for you.  The BEST thing you can do is go rent a gun at Scottsdale Gun Club and try it out.  Hell even take the CCW class.  If you want I can go with you that way you get free range time with my membership, there may even be a discounted rental.  Oh and if you go with me you can shoot my pistols as well and see if you like them. lol  Try Glocks, 1911's, revolvers, as well as 9mm, 10mm, .40's, .45's, ect ect ect.  9mm is cheaper to buy, but if you do not shoot that much or if you reload your own the price should not be too bad.  If you DO end up shooting allot, go buy a nice little .22 you can shoot it all day for $15.  I love me little .22 plus you then have something to train your gf or your soon-to-be gf on a pistol thats not loud or has allot of recoil.  

So basically to summarize, we can preach all day about pistols, calibers, and how to carry but ultimately it is up to YOU as to whats best.  Just like underwear, you have those one pair of silk boxers with the frogs that jut 'fits' better than anything else and no matter what anyone says its whats best for you.

EDIT: I just saw that your 15, the offer goes for your pa as well :)

thanks for the advice and the offer Polie.  I'll pass it on to him.  I have fired a 9mm and a .357/38special in my time.  I can control both very well with a standard pistol grip and single handed.  I like the underwear anaology haha, that may have to go in a sig ;]

Quote from: \"Polie\"
Just like underwear, you have those one pair of silk boxers with the frogs that just \'fits\' better than anything else and no matter what anyone says its whats best for you.

Offline corporalred

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
    • http://myspace.com/stealthislink
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2009, 08:12:34 PM »
if he is 15 now, good luck getting a gun when you are the right age.....;)

I recently bought my first gun, got a .38 super Llama Max-1. It is a no name brand but modeled after the 1911. Fires like a dream and couldnt have made a better purchase (IMO) ammo isnt very expensive and easy to come by as well. It fits me just like Polies froggy boxers
Quote from: \"Vince\"
I\'ve touched that gun with my hand which had touched my penis. I hope you did not touch your mouth after touching that gun. That would mean your had put part of my penis in your mouth.

Offline A. Woolsey

• Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2009, 10:29:35 AM »
get a .45 those are the real glocks  :mrgreen:

Offline Polie

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2009, 11:05:33 AM »
Quote from: "A. Woolsey"
get a .45 those are the real glocks  :mrgreen:

a .45 what?  We are talking about the pistol itself, not the caliber.  Its what ever is good for him and what he can control.

you fail again at making sense.  Try using complete thoughts next time to convey your idea.

Here let me dumb this down for you:

dem der wurds r reall gud.  u needs 2 uze um wurds 2b talcks ad bee uderstud

Offline shikaka

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2009, 05:56:37 PM »
he means get a glock in .45 smart guy

Offline Polie

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2009, 06:10:01 PM »
Quote from: "shikaka"
He should have worded it correctly.  Again he fails again to properly his ideas.

Plus a .45 what, ACP or GAP is he trying so desperately to suggest?

Offline A. Woolsey

• Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2009, 11:04:46 PM »

thank you, yes. the subject of the thread is GLOCKS.

Offline Polie

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2009, 11:19:21 PM »
Quote from: "A. Woolsey"

thank you, yes. the subject of the thread is GLOCKS.
to which it change.

Offline corporalred

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
    • http://myspace.com/stealthislink
« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2009, 12:37:46 PM »
wow Polie didnt know so many people thought you could read minds.....

It is a glock forum but you didnt state what kind of .45 ....... I had no clue what you were talking about either.....
thanks for clearing it up [smilie=armata_pdt_02.gif]
Quote from: \"Vince\"
I\'ve touched that gun with my hand which had touched my penis. I hope you did not touch your mouth after touching that gun. That would mean your had put part of my penis in your mouth.

Offline Toast

• Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2009, 10:32:56 PM »
IMHO I would first ask what is the purpose of the the said weapon?
Home defence? Conceal carry? plinking in the desert?
Everyone wants a handgun, not everyone has the reason why. Besides just wanting it.
I personally like and have owned several 1911's. However even being a fan of them they do have
thier drawbacks. The first being it's a .45. The capacity is an issue even with a double stack and
when you want to do some target shooting the ammo gets pricey unless you reload.
I personally don't reload or want to invest in it so.....
The way I would think about it is,
Home defense I have an 870 uh..Home defence. Yep, just point it in the general direction.
For conceal carry I would choose a double stack .45 just because in my hands it aims where I "point" it. Almost automatic, big points in my book.
There's other .45s out there but IMHO first they are over engineered, eg HK USP's, or are clumsy at least how I felt they shot, like the Glocks and Sigs in that caliber. I like Glocks but the get a little "crazy" above .40.
Look at Wilson Combat and I've always like the Para's. I've owned more Colts than others. They're nice but take much love and have limited capacity.
Plinking, get a glock in a 9mm and yes it's a great conceal carry weapon. Everything else is junk. I've shot most of them.
Armageddon, holocaust, End of world event. Get a 5.62, it would most likely be the only rifle caliber around.
That is if you can't build a rock-it launcher.
"Oderint Dum Metuant"