Author Topic:  (Read 13797 times)

Offline sNiPeRWoLf88

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
    • http://www.airsoftcoalition.com
(No subject)
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2004, 04:48:10 PM »
Stoli, you and I share a relative outlook in some ways (a relief, cause I thought I was the only non-gun family raised person here!).

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Victor3</i>
<br /> If you're a law abiding citizen and not going to use it for illegal purposes why should they be banned.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Hey, in that case, why don't I own a fully functional T-72?  Or a Hornet?  Ok, i'll tell you.  It's because it has no purpose in civilian lives!  It's the same as a .50 cal rifle.  Do you REALLY need one?  If it's just for collection, I'm sure you can go out and obtain a de-militarized rifle.

And, on a tangent, but a important one, non-the-less, WHY DOES THIS MATTER?!  ITS IN CALIFORNIA!!!!!!  Do any of you live in California, and thus, are affected by this?  Doubt it.

And also, the whole 2nd Amendment thing was created back when all people had was simple muzzle-loaded rifles.  Think about it....
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by sNiPeRWoLf88 »
If you never assume importance, you never lose it.

Offline Ruiner

• Staff Sergeant
    • View Profile
    • http://www.electronicneurosis.com
(No subject)
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2004, 04:55:25 PM »
SO i guess by these same rationales hunting rifles should be banned too right?  after all there is no need and they are only used for taking lives at a distance. you can not use a remmington 700 in home defense now can you?  thats why we should only be allwoed to have one handgun for home defense.  These such long rifles are worthless and can only give the criminals the ability to take more lives without putting themselves in harms way just like the DC sniper.  Join me people.. we must ban all long rifles and hunting rifles in fear of our childrens lives.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Ruiner »
\"You can\'t pick up chicks in a tank\"

Offline Neepster

• Corporal
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chezjones.net
(No subject)
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2004, 05:18:29 PM »
The ancient greeks had a very important piece of jurisprudence that the idiots in California and those who would destroy the 2nd amendment have forgotten.

No object is in and of itself bad.  Only the uses for which that object can be used.  To ban something simply because it can be used for ill is foolish.  

Example:  Who really needs a big cleaver to chop meat with?  We all know these could be used by someone to kill someone else.  Let's just ban it.  Think of the CHILDREN!

NOT....  

For those who think that anything they don't like or can't think of a good use for should be banned... think how you would feel about that with Airsoft or something else you enjoy.  I guarantee the same people feel the same way about Airsoft.

Remember... The truth shall set you free.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Neepster »
“There is always a danger that collectivism by stealth, the steady erosion of individual responsibility by intrusive government, may strangle freedom by degrees. This, too, requires eternal vigilance.â€￾ – Margaret Thatcher

Offline Neepster

• Corporal
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chezjones.net
(No subject)
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2004, 05:29:32 PM »
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Hey, in that case, why don't I own a fully functional T-72?  Or a Hornet?  Ok, i'll tell you.  It's because it has no purpose in civilian lives!  It's the same as a .50 cal rifle.  Do you REALLY need one?  If it's just for collection, I'm sure you can go out and obtain a de-militarized rifle.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I know you are trying to be facetious, but the thing I think a lot of people forget is that the 2nd Amendment was put in place to protect the people of the US from our government.  There is no other purpose envisioned by the Founding Fathers.  The founding fathers had state of the art weapons for their time, even including personally owned CANNON.  They believed that the citizens of the US should be allowed to own weaponry necessary to fight off the forces of a US government that might turn on its own citizens.  To that end, the 2nd Amendment (and the writings supporting it) are very specific and impossible to misconstrue.  "the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."  One can argue whether or not they would have included nuclear weapons within this criteria, but since they obviously thought that individuals owning cannon was acceptable, they could hardly have drawn the line at machine guns, RPGs, etc., since they would all be necessary for successful resistance against a corrupt US Army.
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">
And, on a tangent, but a important one, non-the-less, WHY DOES THIS MATTER?!  ITS IN CALIFORNIA!!!!!!  Do any of you live in California, and thus, are affected by this?  Doubt it.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Every gun law that passes in the US, no matter where, makes it easier to pass the next.  See my quote below.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Neepster »
“There is always a danger that collectivism by stealth, the steady erosion of individual responsibility by intrusive government, may strangle freedom by degrees. This, too, requires eternal vigilance.â€￾ – Margaret Thatcher

Offline Crash Bandicoot

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2004, 06:27:47 PM »
Did you know more people are stabbed with a knife during crimes than shot?
Also criminals (unlike most people seem to think), and terrorists do not go to gun stores to get guns. They get them through illegal means. So should a terrorist group be aloud to get an assault rifle and law biding citizens can't. I don't think so.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Crash Bandicoot »
3 of the 5 voices in my head are telling me to go back to bed.

Offline Mr. Joseph

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2004, 06:40:15 PM »
It doesnt take much crack to trade up for an AK.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Mr. Joseph »

Offline Wolverine

• Private First Class
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2004, 07:26:28 PM »
Everybody here knows that it is NOT the GUN that HURTS a PERSON. It is PEOPLE that HURT other PEOPLE. I have never seen or heard of a gun sitting on  table and pull its own trigger and kill somebody. A .50 Cal. is just a deadly as a 9mm but 9mm are not banned. Its is the person who owns/comtrols the gun that makes it dangerous. Conclusion, Why punish all for the stupidity of a few?

Also, I beleieve in the right to bear arms.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Wolverine »
Semper fidelis is our creed... Marine Corps, is our breed\"
-Cpl. Rich-

Offline Stoli

• Corporal
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2004, 08:52:53 PM »
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Harley</i>
<br />Stoli, I guess it's time for you to turn in your Airsoft guns then.  Why on earth do you need guns that replicate and simulate REAL ASSAULT rifles!!!???<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I dont have any to start with. And the reason I need a replica is to be able to shoot people wihtout killing them & going to prison. Its a game, & wont get anyone hurt (seriously anyway). There are some things I want to do, without having to do others that come with it. I want to play in a war simulation, without actually dying. I'd like to learn swat & military tactics, without being shot at...
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Stoli »

Offline Stoli

• Corporal
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2004, 08:54:52 PM »
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by sNiPeRWoLf88</i>
<br />Stoli, you and I share a relative outlook in some ways (a relief, cause I thought I was the only non-gun family raised person here!)<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

My fathers side of the family has enough guns to start another Waco. Of course, theyre all redneck Prescott sheep ranchers, so...

Offline Mr. Joseph

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2004, 09:16:43 PM »
Hey, I lived in prescott for a while.

What you need to realize buddy, is that some people just like to shoot.  We dont shoot at people, we shoot at clay pidgeons and the side of a mountain.  If you dont like the country you were born in, move.  And if that many rounds go off across the street from your house, move, or arm yourself.

Offline Mr. Joseph

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2004, 09:22:03 PM »
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Stoli</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by USMC-Greg</i>
<br />When was the last time you saw a gang-banger do a drive-by...<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

2 weeks ago, right across the street from my house. 25 rounds from an SKS, & another 30 from 9mm. It happens, more then rich suburban ****s like to think...
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Thats kind of offensive dude, what got you so pissed off?

Offline Stoli

• Corporal
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2004, 09:29:13 PM »
What got me so pissed was that comment. To act like drive bys never happen completely blows my mind. People seem to think crime only happens in low income areas, not true. Violent crime happens everywhere. Its those sheltered people that dont realize that. I wasnt refering to him as rich suburban ****, his statement simply sounds like one they would make...

Mr Joe, I do realize people like to shoot. But you need to realize you cant just say "move" as the answer. You dont know how those people live. They could be broke as hell, about to be living on the street. They deserve help, not an eviction notice...

Offline Crash Bandicoot

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2004, 09:29:54 PM »
I grew up in Prescott thank you very much. I am not a redneck, and I have not seen a sheep farm there. If you think people buy guns just to kill other people you are wrong.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Crash Bandicoot »
3 of the 5 voices in my head are telling me to go back to bed.

Offline gixser13

• Major General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2004, 09:38:42 PM »
well, I do not agree with the ban of 50cal nor do I agree with the right to marry same sex, but Kalforina does both , So with that.....
Screw Ka;ifornia ,new york and Illinois
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by gixser13 »

Offline yellowmonkey

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ratemykitten.com
(No subject)
« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2004, 09:53:19 PM »
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by gixser13</i>
<br />well, I do not agree with the ban of 50cal nor do I agree with the right to marry same sex, but Kalforina does both , So with that.....
Screw Ka;ifornia ,new york and Illinois

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Don't forget New Jersey! Screw them too.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by yellowmonkey »
It\'s time to kick *** and chew bubblegum, and I\'m all outa\' bubblegum. -Duke Nukem

Let\'s just be friends. -My Ex-girlfriend