Author Topic:  (Read 1540 times)

Offline Harley

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Major General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« on: September 21, 2004, 12:17:24 PM »
Our biggest fear is not the Anti-gunners here in the US but rather in the UN.  I just read an article in my NRA Freedom magazine about how the UN plans to push through an International Treaty in 2006.  This in essence will disarm all of the US if we get an anti-gun president and senate elected.  All the President has to do is sign it into law and the US Constitution is just toilet paper.  This is why it is so important not to waste your votes this election.  Use your votes wisely to keep Bush in the Whitehouse another 4 years and keep the UN from getting their hooks into us!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Harley »
\"Just because you\'re paranoid, doesn\'t mean they\'re not out to get you!\"

\"Have Gun - Will Travel\"

Offline Raith

• Wait, what?
  • Global Moderator
  • Major General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2004, 01:10:38 PM »
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Harley</i>
<br />This in essence will disarm all of the US if we get an anti-gun president and senate elected.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

John, its important to make the distinction that it would not disarm the US, just attempt to.

And there are <i>plenty</i> of people who would fight to make that not happen.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Raith »
Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils.

Offline leakingpen

• Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2004, 01:22:00 PM »
note, kerry is known for being notoriously not antigun, and has publicly state that he opposes the un resolution, and would not sign it.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by leakingpen »

Offline heroicfighter199

• Corporal
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2004, 01:25:11 PM »
I got a letter in the mail from nra urging people to give money to expose the real truth about john Kerry some of the facts in the letter were....

Jhon kerry has voted with senate gun-ban extremists more than 50 times

Jhon Kerry beleives the second amendment does NOT guarantee your right to own guns.

Jhon Kerry's votes have earned him a 100% rating from animal "rights activists who want to ban your hunting

Bottom line: DONT VOTE FOR KERRY AND SUPPORT THE NRA !!!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by heroicfighter199 »
\"I can write better than anybody who can write faster and I can write faster than anyone who can write better\"
    - A. J. Liebli

Offline Paco

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2004, 01:29:15 PM »
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by leakingpen</i>
<br />note, kerry is known for being notoriously not antigun, and has publicly state that he opposes the un resolution, and would not sign it.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

???? He voted FOR the AWB and has an "F" rating by the NRA.  How do you figure (by any stretch) that he's "not antigun"???  Do you have a link to show that he said he wouldn't sign such a UN resolution?

His staged photo-ops with a shotgun are NOT evidence that he's "not antigun".
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Paco »

Offline leakingpen

• Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2004, 02:04:27 PM »
no, actually, he voted on a few issues, the 50 votes is like saying he voted 187 times to raise taxes, a misrepresentation.  

hes stated that hes against the un civilian gun ban.  hes voted for background checks at gun shows and mandatory trigger locks.  these are bad things? and sevearl anti hunting groups have sent me email condeming Kerry becuase he supports hunting.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by leakingpen »

Offline Harley

• Major General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2004, 02:06:36 PM »
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Raith</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Harley</i>
<br />This in essence will disarm all of the US if we get an anti-gun president and senate elected.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

John, its important to make the distinction that it would not disarm the US, just attempt to.

And there are <i>plenty</i> of people who would fight to make that not happen.

My bad, this is true, it will "attempt" to disarm America.  There are many that won't give em up without a fight.

Offline Paco

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2004, 02:13:38 PM »
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by leakingpen</i>
<br />no, actually, he voted on a few issues, the 50 votes is like saying he voted 187 times to raise taxes, a misrepresentation.  

hes stated that hes against the un civilian gun ban.  hes voted for background checks at gun shows and mandatory trigger locks.  these are bad things? and sevearl anti hunting groups have sent me email condeming Kerry becuase he supports hunting.

When are people going to understand that <b>the 2nd Amendment HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH HUNTING</b>?!

Background checks are already mandatory for dealers selling firearms, so I am not sure what you're talking about there.

Mandatory trigger locks with guns?  All that will do is up the cost of guns about $5.  I bet that 95% of the people wouldn't use them.

You still didn't address my post:

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">
???? He voted FOR the AWB and has an "F" rating by the NRA. How do you figure (by any stretch) that he's "not antigun"??? Do you have a link to show that he said he wouldn't sign such a UN resolution?

Offline Harley

• Major General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2004, 02:25:15 PM »
He's brainwashed, just like the rest of them.  Sorry LP, you'll never sell your point of view here.

Offline Paco

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2004, 02:34:12 PM »
BTW, I should add that yes, I joined the NRA right after the AWB sunset.  [:D]

Offline Harley

• Major General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2004, 02:57:24 PM »
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Paco</i>
<br />BTW, I should add that yes, I joined the NRA right after the AWB sunset.  [:D]

WOOHOOOOOO!!!!![:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)]

Offline Ryandetailer

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
    • http://larsondetailing.com
(No subject)
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2004, 03:50:10 PM »
I renewed my NRA for another year.

After my <u>Making of America</u> seminar last week, I learned that it wasn't the feds authority to ban any guns period. It was always a states right. The states were aready taking care of their own gun laws and issues, when the congress got a great idea to take a states right away from them and make it there own. Which in turn takes away the states militia power and rights.

So don't think of gun bans as a safer US, think of them as a weaker state against the Federal govn't. That's pretty tricky.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Ryandetailer »
\"If an enemy power is bent on conquering you, and proposed to turn all of his resources to that end, he is at war with you; and you -- unless you contemplate surrender -- are at war with him.\" --Barry Goldwater

Offline delta_echo

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
What are the Anti-gunners up to now?
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2004, 12:09:19 PM »
I've heard a little bit about the expiration of the AWB on the radio and on the news, but only as side notes. I was just wondering if anyone had heard about what the anti-gunners are actually doing/planning (besides getting Kerry elected[xx(]). Someone mentioned to me that they saw a commercial similar to the one posted about a 2-3 weeks ago. On that note, I haven't heard anything from the NRA, also (though I'm sure there is much joy and happiness in the camp[:D]).
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by delta_echo »