Author Topic: Anyone here currently a Police officer in Pheonix or ect.?  (Read 1366 times)

Offline IcePlatinumSky

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
Anyone here currently a Police officer in Pheonix or ect.?
« on: March 28, 2005, 12:50:01 PM »
I was wondering if anyone here is currently a Police officer in Pheonix, Scottsdale, Tempe... maybe eleswhere?

The reason I am asking is because I am interested in trying to get hired on. I dont realy have anyone to talk to regarding what the job in the valley is like.

I have several qualifications such as Hazardous materials the first responder Certification, and also currently taking my EMT-B class. I also am nearly Fire I & II Certified not that that may help. I have alot of College credit in addition to.

I had been trying to get a job on the fire department but its nearly impossible, and I want to do some sort of civil service. But I dont want to wind up working on southwest Ambulance. I am going to be putting in some applications in the next several days with Pheonix, Tempe, and go to the Dark Side of Civial Service.     :lol:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by IcePlatinumSky »

Offline Harley

• Major General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2005, 01:50:55 PM »
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Harley »
\"Just because you\'re paranoid, doesn\'t mean they\'re not out to get you!\"

\"Have Gun - Will Travel\"

Offline HavHav

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone here currently a Police officer in Pheonix or ect
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2005, 02:09:42 PM »
Quote from: "IcePlatinumSky"
I have several qualifications such as Hazardous materials the first responder Certification, and also currently taking my EMT-B class. I also am nearly Fire I & II Certified not that that may help. I have alot of College credit in addition to.

I had been trying to get a job on the fire department but its nearly impossible :lol:

Hey man. I'm getting my AAS Degree in Fire Science right now, I'm about 1/3rd of the way done. From what I've done at EVIT, stick with fire fighting, its a job like no other.

Impossible to get hired? May seem that way. Gilbert is doing their CPAT (Which is good with any Maricopa County fire department for the rest of the year) for their hiring process in June I belive. Dont just throw away fire fighting because you cant get a job.

Have you taken a CPAT yet?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by HavHav »

Offline IcePlatinumSky

• Colonel
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2005, 02:28:53 PM »
Yes I passed the CPAT for Glendale in late December or early January.

Offline HavHav

• Colonel
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2005, 02:32:24 PM »
Phoenix put out their apps in early March I belive, I have all the crap if you want to have it. Check your PM's Ice.

Have you taken any of the new Video Exams?

Offline IcePlatinumSky

• Colonel
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2005, 03:19:39 PM »
I tested with Tempe, put in an ap for Buckeye. I did not have any time to get anything for Phoenix, and I dont realy care about BIG RED.

Offline Greg

• Colonel
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2005, 07:30:31 PM »
You don't wanna be a firefighter. 8)

PPD has a written test on April 6. Go take that. PPD is an awesome deptartment.  PM inbound with the name/phone # of a really great PPD recruiter.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Greg »
-Greg of Christian\'s Team

Offline cmptrdewd

• Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2005, 07:39:25 PM »
PDD rocks!!! My dad has been in the PPD for 10 years! 8)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by cmptrdewd »

We Recognize No Sovereign but God, and no King but Jesus!
--John Adams and John Hancock [April 18, 1775]  \"These things we do, so that others may live!\" --Airforce Motto

Offline HavHav

• Colonel
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2005, 07:50:13 PM »
Quote from: "USMC-Greg"
You don't wanna be a firefighter. 8)

I think someones jealous.

Offline -MAD- SARGE

• Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2005, 09:13:32 PM »
I know that about 6 months ago, Goodyear had 4 or so recruit openings.  No experience or training required but those have since been filled and they wont be hiring till next budget year.  We hired our people early as we needed everyone we could get!  

The West Valley is booming and its insane!  So job openings in these fields should be abundant, I just dont know how many other qualified people are out there to compete with in your job market.  But If any entry level position comes up in Fire or Police here I'll let you know.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by -MAD- SARGE »

Don't be an Escalefter.

Offline -MAD- SARGE

• Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2005, 07:18:17 PM »
Here are some firefighter and police recruit openings for the City of Goodyear.  The police openings say they closed a few days ago, but they could possibly still be open. You got to be constantly looking at cities HR websites. Otherwise you may miss an opportunity
to apply, since they only open them up for 2 or so weeks at a time. Good Luck.

https://cityofgoodyear-az.gov/HumanReso ... enDocument

https://cityofgoodyear-az.gov/HumanReso ... enDocument
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by -MAD- SARGE »

Don't be an Escalefter.

Offline KenCasper

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2005, 08:13:36 PM »
Ice, you ain't one of those darn Parisite Valley recruits I ran into 2 weeks ago at the Hazmat Class out at ruth fisher is ya?

Just about EVERY PD in the valley is hiring, but due to the process have a really HARD time getting recruits all the way thru, peoria or glendale has even done a hire bonus of $3000 for new recruits and $6000 for officers with experiance. Wickenburg has been trying to hire folks but currently aren't planning a test day anytime soon for recruits.

You can look at Wickenburg's anouncement, and get the apps Here

Glendale was listed above

and Peoria is Here

Good luck and BE VERY patient with which ever "Civil Service" job you take, as the ALL take a while to get on to, and if you at fisrt don't succede TRY TRY AGAIN
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by KenCasper »
Sgt Kevin Widner
AKA \"Casper\"

\"The Harder you train the harder your enemy must train...all comes down to who gives up first!   Mike \"Colonel\" Potter

Offline IcePlatinumSky

• Colonel
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2005, 08:38:20 PM »
Quote from: "KenCasper"
Ice, you ain't one of those darn Parisite Valley recruits I ran into 2 weeks ago at the Hazmat Class out at ruth fisher is ya?

Just about EVERY PD in the valley is hiring, but due to the process have a really HARD time getting recruits all the way thru, peoria or glendale has even done a hire bonus of $3000 for new recruits and $6000 for officers with experiance. Wickenburg has been trying to hire folks but currently aren't planning a test day anytime soon for recruits.

You can look at Wickenburg's anouncement, and get the apps Here

Glendale was listed above

and Peoria is Here

Good luck and BE VERY patient with which ever "Civil Service" job you take, as the ALL take a while to get on to, and if you at fisrt don't succede TRY TRY AGAIN

Hell no I am not one of those I went through a real Academy. :lol:  However, I just finnished the first process with DPS. Passed there written physical, and just went through thier oral board.  I also have all my paper work in so now I just wait....

Offline stoneaglewolf

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
    • http://www.tacticalmilsim.com
(No subject)
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2005, 09:19:14 PM »
I went and took the PFD test with 4000 others. It was crazy. PFD is one of the highest rated departments in the country, which is why so many want in. I have been really impressed by the guys I've meet so far. I have to get my emt this summer though.

PFD is building 10 new stations.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by stoneaglewolf »
-Stone

http://www.TacticalMilSim.com
  Honor the Fallen SPC Marc A. Anderson 1/75th Ranger KIA 3/8/02, AF

Offline KenCasper

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2005, 04:56:54 PM »
Thank Goodness, the are sending them out to the Harquahalia Valley FD for their hands on training. But ya can tell from their attitudes that they all have, that they are takin the class on Daddy's dime. Esp when it comes to the classes like the Hazmat one, where they don't have a Fire Chief around them ;)

Good luck with DPS, they are one of the lowest paid police forces in the state, but darn fine folks every one of them, and one of my Buddies that was deployed with me is transfering there from AZ Dept of Corections soon, so you might end up in the accadamy with him if they hire you.

Again it all takes time, lots of it so be patient, and Good luck 8)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by KenCasper »
Sgt Kevin Widner
AKA \"Casper\"

\"The Harder you train the harder your enemy must train...all comes down to who gives up first!   Mike \"Colonel\" Potter