Author Topic: Pat Tillman Video  (Read 3983 times)

Offline Greg

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2005, 09:31:19 AM »
Quote from: "Harley"
Quote from: "USMC-Greg"
Quote from: "Harley"
Anybody bother to go to the "Pat Tillman Run" last week at ASU???

My dad and I were planning on doing the triathlon, but now neither of us can push ourselves to do the swim... (I don't like swimming that much and my dad is starting to feel the same way)

A Marine that doesn't like water.... that's funny Greg.

:lol:

I guess you got me there... but I think it has a bit more to do with exactly which water it is... Tempe lake [smilie=armata_pdt_32.gif]

I'm actually a pretty strong swimmer and my dad has been into triathlons for a while. I just hate recreational swimming. It's even more boring than a treadmill for me.

That is a very well done video, btw.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Greg »
-Greg of Christian\'s Team

Offline Victor3

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2005, 02:22:57 PM »
OF course the Marines don't like water....thats what we were for....to get them to da beach!!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Victor3 »
"Victor3"
Airsoft AZ
Eat Hot Lead...uh...I mean Plastic!!

Offline leadmagnet

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2005, 05:41:13 PM »
When I did Coronado I saw plenty of Marine recon right along with the seals.

Of course I suspect the training has changed a lot since then.

Probably have the squids in one place and the Marines in another.

Lead
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by leadmagnet »

Offline woody

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2005, 05:29:07 PM »
Pretty thoughtful video; more than a hero, for sure. Let's make sure everyone has a patch.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by woody »

Offline busta_cap

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2005, 05:30:07 PM »
I need a patch, can anyone give me thiers?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by busta_cap »

Offline azsarge

• General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2005, 07:45:56 PM »
Quote from: "busta_cap"
I need a patch, can anyone give me thiers?

You can have mine.

I don't need a patch on my shoulder to remember a fallen soldier.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by azsarge »

Offline leadmagnet

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2005, 08:57:14 PM »
Honestly?  Knowing what I know now, I would have taken the football career.

Goodnight Smedly Butler, where ever you are.

Lead

Offline gixser13

• Major General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2005, 09:14:46 PM »
NO MATTER HOW GREAT A PERSON IS OR HOW MUCH TRAINING YOU HAVE, YOUR STILL IN THE HANDS OF THE PERSON WHO HANDS DOWN THE ORDERS,
OUR LEADERS MAKE SOME DUMB AND SENSELESS MISTAKES
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by gixser13 »

Offline azsarge

• General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2005, 10:48:09 AM »
Quote from: "gixser13"
NO MATTER HOW GREAT A PERSON IS OR HOW MUCH TRAINING YOU HAVE, YOUR STILL IN THE HANDS OF THE PERSON WHO HANDS DOWN THE ORDERS,

Yes, and the fact that our young soldiers still follow them is a testament to thier loyalty and sense of duty.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by azsarge »

Offline leadmagnet

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2005, 08:19:05 PM »
Quote from: "azsarge"
Quote from: "gixser13"

Yes, and the fact that our young soldiers still follow them is a testament to thier loyalty and sense of duty.

I'm not quite sure why gix is yelling, but yeah, when in the military you must follow orders whether you agree with them or not.  My understanding is that Tillman was in a position to make a choice without being in violation of the law or an order.

Lead

Offline Surplus man

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2005, 09:40:32 PM »
mixed feelings, one side of me says hero the other says not fair. i applaude our soldiers and what they are doing, but some things just dont add up in my book.a big shot footballer gets killed and he gets all the attention. soldiers with families and a lot more important things than just fame and money die and they get a tiny spot on  "fallen heros" on channel 13 news at 10, then are never seen again. pat till men gets killed and loses a foot ball contract (45 minut news segment on his heroism) sgt joe smith gets killed and loses a wife and five children ( 5 seconds of "fallen heroes")  pat tillmen gets killed by friendlies and suddenly hes a hero? other people get killed in car bombs and by enemy fire and they just get 5 seconds. im not discrediting pats service, or down playing his death. but when the media moans and cries over one footballer when 10 others get killed in a worse fashion by the enemy and its barely mentioned, it makes me mad. all soldiers deserve to be hailed as heros but it just seems because someone was big in sports the media thinks there more important than ever other american casualties.
my opinon isnt the nicest and i know some of you will be thouroughly pissed at me. but its how i see it and thats all.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Surplus man »
I saw this plug was in my wall here and then i noticed that your house was glowin like THE FRICKIN SUN! So, i uh put 2 and 2 together here and decided that your pissin me off...

-carl

Offline stoneaglewolf

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
    • http://www.tacticalmilsim.com
(No subject)
« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2005, 10:35:09 PM »
Quote from: "Surplus man"
mixed feelings, one side of me says hero the other says not fair. i applaude our soldiers and what they are doing, but some things just dont add up in my book.a big shot footballer gets killed and he gets all the attention. ... all soldiers deserve to be hailed as heros but it just seems because someone was big in sports the media thinks there more important than ever other american casualties.
my opinon isnt the nicest and i know some of you will be thouroughly pissed at me. but its how i see it and thats all.

You know I wish I could be mad at that post... However, if our media is a true reflection of our society then we suffer our own ignorance. Yet, I am happy in the fact that the media does not reflect my morals, desires, or responsibilities in life, and therefore must agree.

But sometimes it takes one known man to bridge the gap of ignorance to hear the hundreds of silent heros. If thats what it takes then so be it.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by stoneaglewolf »
-Stone

http://www.TacticalMilSim.com
  Honor the Fallen SPC Marc A. Anderson 1/75th Ranger KIA 3/8/02, AF

Offline Harley

• Major General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2005, 06:24:30 AM »
Quote from: "Surplus man"
mixed feelings, one side of me says hero the other says not fair. i applaude our soldiers and what they are doing, but some things just dont add up in my book.a big shot footballer gets killed and he gets all the attention. soldiers with families and a lot more important things than just fame and money die and they get a tiny spot on  "fallen heros" on channel 13 news at 10, then are never seen again. pat till men gets killed and loses a foot ball contract (45 minut news segment on his heroism) sgt joe smith gets killed and loses a wife and five children ( 5 seconds of "fallen heroes")  pat tillmen gets killed by friendlies and suddenly hes a hero? other people get killed in car bombs and by enemy fire and they just get 5 seconds. im not discrediting pats service, or down playing his death. but when the media moans and cries over one footballer when 10 others get killed in a worse fashion by the enemy and its barely mentioned, it makes me mad. all soldiers deserve to be hailed as heros but it just seems because someone was big in sports the media thinks there more important than ever other american casualties.

It's not that Pat did anything more than any other soldier did... what it's about is the fact that he gave up a multi million dollar contract and enlisted in the army.  Sh|t he's a college grad, he could have been an officer and had a command as well.  The point here is that he gave up what so many "pro sports types" take for granted.  That's why he's my hero, not because he was a soldier and was killed, but because he gave up the material bullshit and did what was right.

God bless all our troops!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Harley »
\"Just because you\'re paranoid, doesn\'t mean they\'re not out to get you!\"

\"Have Gun - Will Travel\"

Offline leadmagnet

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2005, 08:07:48 AM »
The devotion to duty over money is certainly an admirable trait worthy of emulation.

Lead
« Last Edit: September 05, 2005, 08:30:50 PM by leadmagnet »

Offline DUDE

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #29 on: September 04, 2005, 04:45:37 PM »
Patt tillman is a grade A hero in my book i mean he gave up a multi million dollar contract to go fight over seas for our nation. man it just makes you think you know.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by DUDE »
If everyone is thinking alike... then somebody isnt thinking.
                    - General George S. Patton Jr