Author Topic: Korea issues  (Read 3335 times)

Offline BoA

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Private
    • View Profile
Korea issues
« on: March 06, 2015, 07:04:57 PM »
I am just curious on other peoples opinion of the ongoing issues escalating in Korea. With North Korea threating the United States and lauching two rockets at the join ROK-US patrol during operation Foal eagle, and the harsh propaganda posters and commercials they are displaying as well as the recent assault on US ambassador of South Korea. These issue's I dont take lightly, though it seems when discussed with others, there is very little worry or concern. North Korea has been bluffing for a long time but they have never been so bold. What do you think?

BoA

Offline Old Dog

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Master Sergeant
  • No Longer Cujo :(
    • View Profile
Re: Korea issues
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2015, 08:56:36 PM »
I am just curious on other peoples opinion of the ongoing issues escalating in Korea. With North Korea threating the United States and lauching two rockets at the join ROK-US patrol during operation Foal eagle, and the harsh propaganda posters and commercials they are displaying as well as the recent assault on US ambassador of South Korea. These issue's I dont take lightly, though it seems when discussed with others, there is very little worry or concern. North Korea has been bluffing for a long time but they have never been so bold. What do you think?

BoA

I was in South Korea in 1951 on an all expense tour courtesy of the US government, NK was not bluffing then, I didn't trust them then and I don't trust them now !!!
I am just a chalk line on the sidewalk waiting for the next rain to wash me off...
For the time I am here I am what I am...

Offline BoA

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2015, 09:04:48 PM »
No kidding, I do not trust them worth a damn. I would like nothing more than to see a unified korea but flying the ROK flag. NK is stuck in the past in more ways than one. I think they will cross the DMZ sometime this year or the next.

Also thank you for assisting in the war. US made a huge difference.

Offline Old Dog

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Master Sergeant
  • No Longer Cujo :(
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2015, 12:28:41 AM »
No kidding, I do not trust them worth a damn. I would like nothing more than to see a unified korea but flying the ROK flag. NK is stuck in the past in more ways than one. I think they will cross the DMZ sometime this year or the next.

Also thank you for assisting in the war. US made a huge difference.

I agree with you 100%, it is only a matter of time until it is a giant dust up again... It would be great if there was a unified Korea flying the ROK flag... I don't believe we will see that though sorry to say... I would love to visit Seoul today, it is beautiful as well as all of South Korea...
I am just a chalk line on the sidewalk waiting for the next rain to wash me off...
For the time I am here I am what I am...

Offline nukeduster

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2015, 05:31:25 PM »
Its nothing new that they launch missiles into the water during or around the yearly joint ROK-US war games. Its just saber rattling. They have nothing to gain by starting a war with a nuclear super power, and China (their only real power ally) won't back a play against us (yet) because they lose out monetarily.

Offline Philosophydaddy

• Private First Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2015, 07:04:32 PM »
I wouldn't count China out of the equation just because they'd stand to lose money. There was similar ideas floating around just before WWII broke out. People thought that because there was so much stake in trade, war wouldn't actually break out (I might actually be thinking about WWI and getting the two confused but my point stands regardless). The question in my mind is what other international actors would think about supporting a Chinese play. They've got more friends than North Korea and if they become embroiled in the conflict, would they call for help against the US and her allies? Would any other nations answer such a call? I find scenarios like this interesting to think about.