Author Topic: Remembering a Friend, Brother, and Fellow AA Moderator Christian "azsarge"  (Read 4675 times)

Offline -MAD- SARGE

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
It's been a long time and as we recently finished last month up with Memorial Day I want to take the time to remember a Friend and Brother who passed away after completing his mission and returning home. Christian or also known as azsarge on the boards, was a long-time member and moderator of Airsoft Arizona. He always strived and encouraged others to post meaningful and accurate information and helped to build AA's notable reputation as a place to gain knowledge and to share information as a resource for others. In other words, help build others up and not tear them down but at the same time not tolerating misinformation, gossip and rumors, which end up concealing the truth for those who seek it and are the corner stones of what is called "fake news" these days. Christian was many things and I can't think of any other way to remember him than to quote from a few others.

"We will never forget Christian, his bright personality that was like a Surefire that never needed batteries, his cutting commentary that somehow found something worthwhile out of a game with BB guns, and his incredible energy that made him climb like a mountain goat and appear where you would least expect him.
That's how we honor him, and make sure he lives on in every one of us."

"Christian, you will be greatly missed by all of your friends, as well as those people you touched every day.  You impacted the lives of many people the way you conducted yourself and interacted with others.  In my opinion you were an example for others to follow.  I am glad I had the opportunity to meet and know you.  I only wish it could have been for a much longer period of time."

"Chris was full of life, and energy, and he cherished the time he could spend with family and friends. He had a large circle of friends inside the National Guard and with-in the civilian community. His special time was playing with his nephew and niece. They adored him as much as he loved them. He and his sister had an extraordinary bond that was strong and enduring. Every day was an opportunity to him, and looking forward to the next day always energized Chris. He never met a person he didn't like, and everyone he met loved him. Wearing the uniform of the United States Army, and serving his Country, was something he never took for granted. He was an outstanding soldier and looked forward to a long career. Chris worked for Dillon Aero of Scottsdale AZ, a defense related Company. Working for Dillon and being in the Army was a perfect combination for Christian. He thought his job was awesome. His special calling was looking out for people, and doing whatever he could to make sure his friends and family were taken care of. No task was too big for him to accomplish. His smile was ceaseless and disarming. Chris was a beautiful gift from God whose life will never be forgotten. He was smart, caring, happy, and the best Son, brother, brother-in-law, nephew, cousin, and friend any family could ever ask for. We love you Chris, and will always miss you. And we shall forever cherish the time we had with you on earth."

A video to remember C-Bone, gone but never ever forgotten.
https://vimeo.com/22424368

Don't be an Escalefter.

Offline Kileyhaz

• Captain
    • View Profile
I'll always remember Chris as having that easy going smile and being a friendly face when I was still new in the sport.  As has been said, gone but not forgotten...
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn\'t thinking"

Offline skaterwayne75

• Private First Class
    • View Profile
I never knew him or got to meet him but sounds like a great guy.
R.I.P. Christian

Offline ChristopherGi

• FNG
    • View Profile
I never knew him or got to meet him but sounds like a great guy.
R.I.P. Christian

I'm sorry for your loss. Sounds like Chris made people around him very happy. RIP
« Last Edit: October 28, 2021, 02:02:57 PM by ChristopherGi »