Author Topic: Randy Moss  (Read 854 times)

Offline aceriker

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Corporal
    • View Profile
Randy Moss
« on: January 14, 2005, 03:39:33 PM »
Ive been watching a lot of ESPN lately and all they are talking about is Moss's 'moon' that he gave the croud after scoring a touchdown. Personally I think Joe Buck and the media overreacted when Moss scored and celebrated, but maybe thats because I am a Vikings fan.

I am just curious what you all think.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by aceriker »
Never, Never, Never Give Up

--Winston Churchill

Offline -MAD- SARGE

• Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2005, 04:03:16 PM »
It was definatley bad sportsmanship.  And then after wards he stated to the fact that what is a 10,000 dollar fine to him.  He scoufed at it and said 10,000 was nothing to him, just like a dollar to us.  

I think someone like that should donate his wealth to charities and non-profit organizations because he doesnt really appreciate what he has. But that will never happen, what is $10,000 to me!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by -MAD- SARGE »

Don't be an Escalefter.

Offline shoule02

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
    • http://pr.erau.edu/~shoule02
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2005, 04:48:36 PM »
When I was in high school my coach had a rule about this.  If you scored a touchdown you were expected to run completely into the endzone, turn around, and hand the ball to the ref.  Once you were off the field you could jump around and do whatever.  I personally never scored a touchdown (played OL and DL) but I never had any intention of celebrating anything.  When I sacked the QB I would typically just stand up and go back to the huddle.  Sometimes I would even help the QB off the ground.  For me there was more satisfaction in knowing that I had just knocked the crap out of somebody than there was in jumping around like a moron after doing it.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by shoule02 »

Offline aceriker

• Corporal
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2005, 04:51:48 PM »
Quote from: "-MAD- SARGE"
It was definatley bad sportsmanship.  And then after wards he stated to the fact that what is a 10,000 dollar fine to him.  He scoufed at it and said 10,000 was nothing to him, just like a dollar to us.  

I think someone like that should donate his wealth to charities and non-profit organizations because he doesnt really appreciate what he has. But that will never happen, what is $10,000 to me!

What he said about the fine does bother me too. If he doesnt care that much about 10K then he might as well buy us all a new airsoft gun. Then for sure his money wont be wasted.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by aceriker »
Never, Never, Never Give Up

--Winston Churchill