Author Topic: I miss my Zone  (Read 1535 times)

Offline -MAD- SARGE

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
I miss my Zone
« on: February 20, 2006, 06:46:12 PM »
Man I miss 101.5 The Zone.  Didn't care for Howard in the mornings but everything else rocked.  I guess when Howard left he took some people with him or something.  Because now this new station 101.5 Free Fm has really been getting on my nerves.  All they do all day is frickin talk, and I mean all frickin day!  I want my music, anyone else feel the way I do? I never really realized how much I had listened to the Zone until it was gone  :cry:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by -MAD- SARGE »

Don't be an Escalefter.

Offline MicrowvbleTurtle

• Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2006, 07:45:40 PM »
I did notice that they do talk all day long.

The only thing I listen to anymore is the Adam Corolla show in the morning.  It's far greater than any Howard Stern show I've ever heard.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by MicrowvbleTurtle »

Offline azsarge

• General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2006, 08:15:02 PM »
One word, three syllables:

SIRIUS!

Not for Howard, but for the music!  No commercials, very little talk, and a good selection of music.

There ain't ONE damn station in Phoenix that plays good electronic music (techno).  101.1 is ok sometimes, but chooses techno remixes of Pop songs more than Raul Van Dyk or Paul Oakenfold.

The FM Hip Hop is also a joke!  Mariah Carey and Chris Brown permeate the airwaves, when all I want to hear is unedited Del or some DMX.  Yes, I understand the occasional f*ck might be in the song, it's a prt of rap.  But, it's not a part of corporate FM.

103.9 is doing it right, but there's only so much you can do with FM.

Sirius is theSHIT!  Well worth the bills.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by azsarge »

Offline MicrowvbleTurtle

• Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2006, 08:18:36 PM »
Was thinking about picking up a Sirius handheld receiver and going from there.

But I think I'll stick with my nano for now.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by MicrowvbleTurtle »

Offline Panzer

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2006, 08:53:55 PM »
Bit of advice I would wait a month or two if your looking to buy a Sirius handheld. They have a new piece that is very sleek, HD and more that is due out in a couple of months just before father's day.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Panzer »
Panzer

\"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.\"

Offline Dust2Dust

• Colonel
    • View Profile
    • The SPHL
Re: I miss my Zone
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2006, 09:05:06 PM »
Quote from: "-MAD- SARGE"
Man I miss 101.5 The Zone.  Didn't care for Howard in the mornings but everything else rocked.  I guess when Howard left he took some people with him or something.  Because now this new station 101.5 Free Fm has really been getting on my nerves.  All they do all day is frickin talk, and I mean all frickin day!  I want my music, anyone else feel the way I do? I never really realized how much I had listened to the Zone until it was gone  :cry:

I was just thinking that today.  I miss Fathead... I miss the drinking predictions, I miss the 90's nooner, and I miss the tunes.  

I have sirius, but when I'm away from my car, or at school, 101.5 used to be awesome, now this talk crap sucks.  That new guy, Tom is an annoying prick who tries to be like Howard, but sucks.  

Yes, I originally got Sirius for Howard (my B-day back in sept), but fell in love with Alt Nation, Octane, Hard Attack, and of course, Maxim radio.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Dust2Dust »

Offline Panzer

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2006, 09:10:39 PM »
Don’t forget you receive a complementary online login and password to Sirius’ web site if your paying customer. Not sure if you can stream at school but if so make sure to register on the Sirius site takes a day or two and you’ll be good to go to access the streams.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Panzer »
Panzer

\"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.\"

Offline -MAD- SARGE

• Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
Re: I miss my Zone
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2006, 09:28:11 PM »
Quote from: "Dust2Dust"
I was just thinking that today.  I miss Fathead... I miss the drinking predictions, I miss the 90's nooner, and I miss the tunes.  

Yeah, I miss Mitzie with the 90's nooner. I guess radio stations are never meant to last forever : (

Yeah I could careless when howard was on, I wouldn't turn to the zone till after 10:00.  But Fathead, he was funny, even though I didnt always agree with him. Now this new guy is blah blah blah. So I turn to my back up station 96.9 but its my back up for a reason. Now I find myself changing channels all the time, Im like lost  :lol:  Im too figgin cheap to get satilite. I guess I will just have to channel flip for a while.

A coworker of mine got a frickin lifetime membership for Christmas, holy frick!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by -MAD- SARGE »

Don't be an Escalefter.

Offline Cheeze_IZ_G00d

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2006, 06:39:40 AM »
Yea man, no more music, all crappy talk all day. Although, I will say that I like Adam Carolla far better than Howard Stern.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Cheeze_IZ_G00d »
Visit my website -
http://www.iwantafreedollarnow.com!!!

Get great ringtones here!

Offline warlock

• Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
    • http://www.warl0k.com
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2006, 07:06:03 AM »
I can't honestly remember the last time I tuned into radio. After having worked in the industry and seen just how much ClearChannel dictates what we hear there, I stopped listening to radio. I might check out Sirius someday, who knows.

Until then it's just me and my iPod. Commercial free, lots of variety, and no monthly fees.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by warlock »
Team OPFOR
FPS Limits are restrictions, not goals!
Op Organizer
Lead, Follow, or get the **** outta my way!

Offline Mooncruiser

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Major General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2006, 12:09:59 PM »
Oi, you flatlanders have it good. Out here, only one radio station comes in with any signal strength... KNIX..ugh.

I hate Rexall Ranger music. Made in Nashville by Yankees, sung by inbred rednecks, and contains enough horseshit in every song to fertilize my front yard.

Yee-Haw,   -not.

Chip
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Mooncruiser »
~~ All men should know before they die, what they are running to, and from, and why ~~

AIRSOFT ADDICTS
Saguaro Airsoft Team

Offline Dust2Dust

• Colonel
    • View Profile
    • The SPHL
(No subject)
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2006, 12:45:40 PM »
Quote from: "Panzer"
Don’t forget you receive a complementary online login and password to Sirius’ web site if your paying customer. Not sure if you can stream at school but if so make sure to register on the Sirius site takes a day or two and you’ll be good to go to access the streams.

Oh, believe me, I use it all the time here.  My school has Novell boarder Manager which locks out everything, even useful information.  

I love sirius, with my next couple paychecks, I'll have enough set aside for the lifetime subscription.  

My dad had XM for a year, I thought it sucked horribly.  Music was repetitive, comedy was ok, talk wasn't outstanding, and DJ's were boring.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Dust2Dust »

Offline TheStenGun

• Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2006, 04:56:12 PM »
have any of yall tried listening to the Edge 103.9? My wife used to work for the Zone right before they changed formats; quite a few of the employees from the zone went over to work for the edge because a new program director took over and he was quite a dickhead. I have personally always prefered the programing on that station anyways; furthermore, its one of the few radio stations in the valley not owned by Clear Channel or Infinity Broadcasting.

fun fact: i still get infinity broadcasting's corporate discount when shopping at officemax, haha screw you corporate radio!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by TheStenGun »