Author Topic: Good or Bad Idea?  (Read 1842 times)

Offline zulu_k

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Corporal
    • View Profile
Good or Bad Idea?
« on: March 28, 2008, 03:50:04 PM »
Hey all, once again, Zulu has more questions!
Well, I notice a lot of AA events are 18+. Nothing wrong with that, I understand. Because there is the fact of laws, more people (it might be a problem for some people) and maturity levels...
So, I was wondering if it would be legal, or even worth the time to make an air soft team of minors. Was wondering this because, us minors have problems getting to events to play. (Especially for me, since I like to play with adults.)
Also, would it be legal, like, do we have to go the city and say "hey, I want to make an air soft team" do we have to sign papers and waivers?
And, on every event we do, would we have to get waivers filled?
It could be minor led, but legally the parent(s) in charge could be in charge, taking care of waivers and what not.

Please tell me your honest opinion.
If the idea soars and lifts off, it’s all good, and if it doesn’t, ho well.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by zulu_k »
Some go places to be a tourist.
Some go places to be an adventurer.
I go places to conquer.

Offline Ganef

• Global Moderator
  • Major General
    • View Profile
    • http://www.coyotetactical.blogspot.com/
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2008, 01:46:01 PM »
If you organize with a number of other minors to play and all your parents agree then you can do that just fine.

The problem is with a single entity, like a team or a group. When you form such a thing in a parents mind it becomes the person in charge, and it becomes the person to go to if something goes wrong, and in the case of a minor being hurt as a result of a game, it is the entity that is sued.

If I were you, PM all the minors that are on this site and get phone numbers or whatever else you need and form games outside of this forum and don't bring any AirsoftAZ anything into it as part of it (you can use the same rules here and gameplay ideas). Don't have an organization and there is no structure to sue. Tell your parents that you met some dudes on line and you all want to have a game together, then have a game. A lot of us started out this way before AA was in existence.

Do it in a safe manner and in a safe place. Nobody wants to see a group of you on the evening news giving our sport a bad name because you played a game at a park downtown.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Ganef »
"Well, ain\'t we a pair, Raggedy Man..."

Offline Kileyhaz

• Captain
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2008, 04:46:23 PM »
Quote from: "Ganef"
If you organize with a number of other minors to play and all your parents agree then you can do that just fine.

The problem is with a single entity, like a team or a group. When you form such a thing in a parents mind it becomes the person in charge, and it becomes the person to go to if something goes wrong, and in the case of a minor being hurt as a result of a game, it is the entity that is sued.

If I were you, PM all the minors that are on this site and get phone numbers or whatever else you need and form games outside of this forum and don't bring any AirsoftAZ anything into it as part of it (you can use the same rules here and gameplay ideas). Don't have an organization and there is no structure to sue. Tell your parents that you met some dudes on line and you all want to have a game together, then have a game. A lot of us started out this way before AA was in existence.

Do it in a safe manner and in a safe place. Nobody wants to see a group of you on the evening news giving our sport a bad name because you played a game at a park downtown.

Beautiful summation Ganef, I just wanted to add that he does not need to go to the city for anything since it would be foley to play within city limits.  Find 'unincorporated' land to play on that is not marked private-no tress pas and is not state trust land.  Better yet, if one of your team mates has family that owns private property out in the desert thats even better!  Just dont play in the city or you will be those 'kids' on the evening news.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Kileyhaz »
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn\'t thinking"

Offline zulu_k

• Corporal
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2008, 01:31:20 AM »
thank you guys for your suggestions :)
Yes I was going to keep those things in mind, and having it not on private land or state land is logical.
Plus, to make sure that the parents or entity doesNOT get sued, is there a way to have them sign a slip stating: If (name) is injured, the group of (group name) or leaders are not responsible for any injuries or bodily harm.

is that also possible?
I'm just trying to get some info so I dont Bleep things up.
I go places to conquer.

Offline Ice

• Private
    • View Profile
    • http://urlcut.com/clanka
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2008, 02:27:00 AM »
Quote from: "zulu_k"
thank you guys for your suggestions :)
Yes I was going to keep those things in mind, and having it not on private land or state land is logical.
Plus, to make sure that the parents or entity doesNOT get sued, is there a way to have them sign a slip stating: If (name) is injured, the group of (group name) or leaders are not responsible for any injuries or bodily harm.

is that also possible?
I'm just trying to get some info so I dont Bleep things up.

theres a topic stating why waivers dont REALLY work (a waiver is what your talking about)

http://www.airsoftarizona.com/forumbb/v ... hp?t=15643

you guys could play paintball, im pretty sure most fields allow 13+ with parental consent

or just do what they say and get together privatly
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Ice »
Cut from the void.

Offline capt.tmurray

• Private
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2008, 05:38:48 PM »
If you do make a team i want to join it.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by capt.tmurray »
\" Sir, the enemy has surronded us on all sides!\"
\" Good! We can attack in any direction!\"

Offline Corporal209

• Corporal
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2008, 05:50:32 PM »
Me too

EDIT:Oh wow thats wonderful, all of my posts went down -_-
« Last Edit: March 31, 2008, 05:53:47 PM by Corporal209 »

Offline zulu_k

• Corporal
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2008, 05:52:51 PM »
well guys i'm makign a webpage for it :)
its in developement-anyhoo about painball...
way too expensive!  :shock:
I find it all expensive, especially when I buy my own gear (not complaining, I work long and hard for it)
So, that would be out of my league.
Thanks for the idea though.
As for the minors who want to make a team-please send me ideas of a team name, and my brother and I will look into one.
Thanks
I go places to conquer.

Offline zulu_k

• Corporal
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2008, 07:43:46 AM »
I would like this post to be locked-in case it bothers anyone else that isnt a minor. (moderators, if you find the idea neccessary, go ahead and lock it.)

Like Ganeff said, we can talk through PMs.

Thank you
I go places to conquer.

Offline Ganef

• Global Moderator
  • Major General
    • View Profile
    • http://www.coyotetactical.blogspot.com/
(No subject)