Author Topic: For all the wannabe snipers  (Read 4638 times)

Offline Rogue Fox

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • First Lieutenant
  • 6CA
    • View Profile
For all the wannabe snipers
« on: December 25, 2008, 09:16:03 AM »
Ive seen alot of people on the boards talking about becoming snipers using spring rifles, and many of them dont seem to realize the real role that a sniper plays in this sport, If you really do want to become a sniper then I highly suggest you read this intire guide.
http://www.airsoftforum.com/board/Tcf-s-Complete-Guide-t106772.html&hl=well+l96+review

And even if you dont want to become a sniper this is still a good read.

Mods, I wasnt sure if this should go here or in the informational links section, move if needed
« Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 11:46:34 AM by Rogue Fox »

When the shit hits the fan, dont be in front of the fan.

Maddsurf

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: For all the wannabe snipers
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2008, 07:50:41 PM »
Personally since I am for sure going to have a sniper role, I totally agree with the article, I am not turned off about sniping one bit I am a new but I agree with the  recon aspect and the conceilment. That article really made me even more excited about being a sniper. I am also buying a Aeg for days that I dont want to snipe.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Ganef

• Global Moderator
  • Major General
    • View Profile
    • http://www.coyotetactical.blogspot.com/
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2008, 09:49:14 PM »
Just a thought.
If you plan on being in a sniping/recon/support role, how about looking into having a quality radio and headset so you can relay the info you find from your concealed observations.
"Well, ain\'t we a pair, Raggedy Man..."

Maddsurf

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2008, 10:02:29 AM »
Quote from: "Ganef"
Just a thought.
If you plan on being in a sniping/recon/support role, how about looking into having a quality radio and headset so you can relay the info you find from your concealed observations.

yes I totally agree, I am still looking into radios

Offline Mad Max

• Private
    • View Profile
    • http://bullydogairsoftgrenades.webs.com/
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2009, 11:43:36 PM »
Exactly ganef a great headset really helps my sniper Keny, here is a link to his headset that he uses with our motorola talkabouts...http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=4722 [smilie=armata_pdt_06.gif]
Image Hosting
[size=150]Eli Lewis BDAS 2009 Gunner/Grenadier[/size]

Offline carbon14c

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2009, 02:09:47 AM »
great rifle reviews, for snipers or not :)
see you space cowboy...

Offline Jhonnyblaze

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2009, 11:01:40 PM »
I tried being a sniper, didn't work for me..I hope anyone who wants to be a sniper actually consults the guides that are available. Some of the airsoft snipers need to be calibrated anyways (my opinion). My friend and an actual metal airsoft sniper rifle (don't know the brand but could ask), this one you would have to charge it between every round. Not bad for a rifle with some conojes. [smilie=armata_pdt_01.gif].
"How friendly is your friendly fire?"

Offline 10thMtSniper

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2010, 12:55:16 AM »
I'm new to the Flagstaff area, and actually a trained US Army Sniper.  I now work at Camp Navajo as target systems repairer.  I've done 3 tours, 2 in Iraq and 1 in Afghanistan.  I noticed before relocation to AZ that airsoft's big out here.  I have 2 Airsoft sniper rifles one I had to shipped to me on my last tour for me and my roommates shear off time entertainment, and the other I purchased before moving here.  I'm actually pretty interested in getting into doing some events but i see that they have FPS restrictions.   I haven't ever done any team competing with Airsoft but would love to,  i can't seem to really find any groups but I know the Camp I'm at has been utilized from time to time.  So any advice you guys got or info on groups near me would be great.  
thanks

Lee

Offline Rogue Fox

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • First Lieutenant
  • 6CA
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2010, 10:35:17 AM »
Quote from: "10thMtSniper"
I'm new to the Flagstaff area, and actually a trained US Army Sniper.  I now work at Camp Navajo as target systems repairer.  I've done 3 tours, 2 in Iraq and 1 in Afghanistan.  I noticed before relocation to AZ that airsoft's big out here.  I have 2 Airsoft sniper rifles one I had to shipped to me on my last tour for me and my roommates shear off time entertainment, and the other I purchased before moving here.  I'm actually pretty interested in getting into doing some events but i see that they have FPS restrictions.   I haven't ever done any team competing with Airsoft but would love to,  i can't seem to really find any groups but I know the Camp I'm at has been utilized from time to time.  So any advice you guys got or info on groups near me would be great.  
thanks

Lee

Welcome, I would start off with an introductory post in the introduction thread. I know theres a few people here on the boards in the flagstaff area, Im sure theyd be glad to show you the ropes.

What rifles do you have? Flag is great sniper terrain[compared to down here where its just bushes and dirt lol], you should do good up there.

If you have any questions feel free to PM me, or any of the mods.

When the shit hits the fan, dont be in front of the fan.

Offline axisofoil

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2010, 05:18:07 PM »
thanks

Lee

There are games in prescott on a regular period. If you wanted to join one... We might be able to arrange for that.

Offline 10thMtSniper

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2010, 08:17:03 PM »
thanks for the heads up, and i might have to take you up on that prescott game.  Just keep me in mind and let me know when so i can arrange the time off.

Offline axisofoil

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2010, 09:04:17 PM »
thanks for the heads up, and i might have to take you up on that prescott game.  Just keep me in mind and let me know when so i can arrange the time off.

viewtopic.php?f=106&t=26339

Next one is February 6th

Offline busta_cap

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2010, 03:11:54 AM »
99/100 people can't do the airsoft sniping thing. Just remember that. It's boring, and sometimes completely crap cause some guy will lob some bb's from 100yds away and hit you through some brush.. :lol:

On the flip side, if you invest a lot of time and money into a good weapon system you can have no problem reaching out to 100-120yds consistently.

Offline 10thMtSniper

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2010, 08:56:15 PM »
Quote from: "busta_cap"
99/100 people can't do the airsoft sniping thing. Just remember that. It's boring, and sometimes completely crap cause some guy will lob some bb's from 100yds away and hit you through some brush.. :lol:

On the flip side, if you invest a lot of time and money into a good weapon system you can have no problem reaching out to 100-120yds consistently.

Well I invested a small amount of time, and an okay amount of money and I can reach out to 100+ yds.  Now if i can just put it to good use.  Replacement springs and hop ups make a big diff,  now i'm thinking of upgrading to a tighter bore barrel.

Offline VTT

• Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2010, 04:49:45 PM »
This was a great article to read. But just from experience, I still find AEG's more practical for airsoft. I used an L96 with .36 BB's for quite some time and it did have improved range and accuracy. On the down side, AEG's have nearly the same range while covering more area with more BB's. I find it just as useful to have all team members using AEG's and most within contact of radio mic. 1 player has binoculars to play the spy role, but no sniper is really needed. I just like the idea of sniping more than I like the actual use of it. I say why not mix the two and use stealth and an AEG. Getting a snipe hit does feel a whole lot more rewarding though.
VTT - Volk Tactical Team.