Author Topic: Wall of shame? :)  (Read 4879 times)

Offline kman94

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
Wall of shame? :)
« on: January 16, 2012, 03:00:09 PM »
So ive noticed a sudden outbreak of videos of cheaters (especially at vanguard), and i was looking through the thread when someone suggested a wall of shame, and i think it should be an entire topic.

Offline bailey5671

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • First Sergeant
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRedviper12?feature=mhum
Re: Wall of shame? :)
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2012, 03:10:48 PM »
My personal opinion is no, because eventually everyone would be on the wall of shame for cheating. wether they didnt know or they did there would be soooo many cheating videos and all that would do would hurt us as a community.
The Only Thing You Should Feel When Shooting Someone is Recoil...

Offline spazz

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2012, 05:38:09 PM »
we can and have started our own topic on this.
the ones that have been posted up the way they have, are repeat offenders.
they are people that have commited mutiple offences of blatant cheating.
not people that have once in a while not felt a hit.
and they are also people that have most likely seen the videos and have made no attempt to appoligize to the comunity or admit they were wrong. and they deserve to be where they are.
never underestimate the things you dont know.
P90 is no longer the b***h gun!
AIRSOFT ADDICTS
Saguaro Airsoft Team

Offline Mooncruiser

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2012, 07:02:18 PM »
I hope that next time, the camera follows them to the staging area and captures their faces with the mask off.
~~ All men should know before they die, what they are running to, and from, and why ~~

AIRSOFT ADDICTS
Saguaro Airsoft Team

Offline Bowser

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/bowser484
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2012, 09:53:46 PM »
I hope that next time, the camera follows them to the staging area and captures their faces with the mask off.

I came close to doing this at Hatfield on Sunday without realizing it. There was one individual that was... questionable... and I have him on camera, but not close enough to recognize his face.

I'm sure others could ID him from the vehicle he was set up at, but I'm letting this one go since he did call out when I shot him in the face.

Sometimes I hate myself for being such a nice guy.  >:(

Offline ThatGuy

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Major
  • Step Up Or Step Aside
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2012, 11:00:41 PM »
It's a sad fact that people will not call hits . :(

this horse has already been beaten to death
OMNIBUS LOCIS FIT CAEDES
 WHISKEY 1 TEAM LEADER.

Offline Maddog7067

• Private First Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2012, 11:04:04 PM »
A wall of shame wouldn't be a bad thing it might stop people from thinking about cheating. for the people that do cheat that are caught on video they will be know to the other airsofters that play. a wall of shame would be more of a deterrent to stop people from cheating. not everyone would go on the wall, if a guy takes 10 shots to the body and wont call his hits it makes the game not fun play, someone like that would be but on the wall not someone that doesn't feel he is getting hit.

Offline XavierMace

• Site Admin
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Major General
    • View Profile
    • http://www.xaviermace.com
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2012, 01:28:05 AM »
What exactly would this accomplish?  Ok, so you may be able to recognize a cheater before the game.  Then what?  You go home because there's a cheater there?  You certainly can't prevent him from playing.  Especially if you are at a pay to play field and he's already paid.  Going up to him and calling him out as a cheater isn't going to do anything, he already knows he cheats.  It's no different than people who cheat in online games.  Telling everyone he's a cheater doesn't do anything unless you've got someone with the authority to throw him out.  Don't get me wrong, I understand the frustration but I don't see how this would help unless you can get the field to ban the player in question.  It's really just so people can vent.

Stooping to their level does nothing but make you a bit of a dick.  While giving them a 203 to the face (or something similar) may give you a bit of enjoyment at their expense, it's not going to stop them from cheating.  More importantly if you catch an innocent player in the crossfire you're as likely to get in trouble as the cheater.  Airsoft is supposed to be a sport of honor.  The honorable thing to do is roll with the punches and keep playing.  Life isn't fair, anyone who says otherwise is selling something.  Finding ways to retaliate is no more honorable than the person cheating.  If the field has a ref/admin, tell them what happened.  That should be the end of it as far as you are concerned. 

Offline gfiller

• Sergeant
  • joker squad co-captain: recon
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2012, 08:15:29 AM »
my opinion is, the people who are against this are the nes who are afraid to be caught, i hate cheaters, im 14, and people my age get judged alot, i dont want that to affect peoples view of me as a cheater as well, i think the wall of shame should be put up to catch the cheaters to show it is not just kids who cheat, adults as well, thats just my say
 :P
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/405/sealgp.gif/

“The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.”

Offline SpiritOfSimo

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2012, 08:29:26 AM »
At first I thought a wall of shame with video evidence of cheaters was a good idea. But since I've been playing for years and can count the number of REAL cheaters I've encountered on one hand, it doesn't concern me much. I'm sure there are lots of veterans who would agree with me. (BTW, I know sign language and can technically count to 999 on one hand, but I haven't encountered more than 3 genuine cheaters :P  )

my opinion is, the people who are against this are the nes who are afraid to be caught,

I can see how you might think that, but it's not entirely true; those who are against this idea just feel like it's another pointless thing a nanny-state would impose on its subjects to try to make life good for everyone. A wall of shame seems more like a haven for tattle-tales.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 08:47:51 AM by SpiritOfSimo »

A sheepdog can bite from any distance.

Offline GH(+)ST

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2012, 05:54:39 AM »
A wall of shame.... i can say that this is only to encourage trolls to make ruining games more tempting. I agree that it is not that big a deal and if a wall of shame is to exist  that it be named blacklist and be less public and more for those organizing games like previously stated. I mean the wall of shame would be a point of conflict and would make the game more like chat room with trolls and whiny whiners.

Lastly, i don't think that many people cheat. I mean i havn't played too long yet, but it is easy to spot immature players at the start. Make it known every game what the rules are and just stress that point.

Last alternative is that you go up close and call the hit the good old fasion way and pelt them full auto till they call it .... that's what i do just so you all know to call hits when i shoot at you, or i will go rambo on ya  and sneak up with a nerf axe!!! HAHAHA

Offline Red Devil

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2012, 06:08:51 AM »
I play with some of the guys that are against this. And i must say that in no way,shape or form are they cheaters. They call there shots even if they aren't sure about it!
82nd Airborne 1989-1993 Rangers Lead The Way

Age,fac ut gaudeam!

Offline XavierMace

• Site Admin
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Major General
    • View Profile
    • http://www.xaviermace.com
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2012, 08:11:27 AM »
I play with some of the guys that are against this. And i must say that in no way,shape or form are they cheaters. They call there shots even if they aren't sure about it!

That's the way it's supposed to be played.

Offline bailey5671

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • First Sergeant
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRedviper12?feature=mhum
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2012, 08:16:55 PM »
honestly is our community this screwed up? how hard is it for people to play fair?
The Only Thing You Should Feel When Shooting Someone is Recoil...

Offline xTanTricK

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2012, 08:24:32 PM »
honestly is our community this screwed up? how hard is it for people to play fair?

Since when has the human race played fair? There's cheaters in everything in life no matter what you do. You either deal with it and move on or you let it get to you. In airsoft it's the same thing. I deal with it and move on and if I have a problem with them more than once then I might or might not confront them about it. Most of the time people who are seen cheating can't tell if they were hit or not but if they have to take a minute to think it then they should just call themselves out. One guy at Hatfield had the drop on me from about 30 feet behind me and was shooting but his hop was tuned too high and couldn't hit me. I turned around and realized he had the drop after he shot about 10-15 shots and I called myself out as he would have hit me if he wasn't having problems with his hop. Could I have not called myself out and shot him? Yes but that would have caused a problem and I just like to play to have fun. There's always another game after that one. People will always get mad at another person for cheating but that's life. You deal with it and move on.
Whiskey One Alpha