Author Topic: Mobile App  (Read 4056 times)

Offline drummerace

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Corporal
  • End the fight swiftly!
    • View Profile
Mobile App
« on: May 08, 2012, 10:05:15 PM »
You know be nice? A mobile app for android and iPhone! I know other forums that do it and, i'd think at least, make life a little easier organizing events. For example, alerts for game registration and what not. Idk, whats all your thoughts?
IF ANYONE WANTS A CUSTOM PATCH/T-SHIRT DESIGN just pm me or click on the link :D
Efficiency moves the swiftest.
Operator "Maniac"
Mazatzal Security Solutions - MSS Airsoft Team

Offline asof elites

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • First Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: Mobile App
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2012, 10:07:44 PM »
I was just thinking that. Also whenever im on AA im using my phone. My friends dad designs apps and he MIGHT MIGHT MIGHT be able to hook us up.
My gear collection costs more than my car...

Offline Note

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2012, 10:08:53 PM »
We went over this on another thread a while back. Basically a majority of the people said there is no need for one as it is easy enough to navigate the website just using the browser on your phone.

Offline Holy1596

• Corporal
  • Ghs ROTC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2012, 10:59:29 PM »
Yes but for students in school this forum is actually blocked, even though you could make the argument that students shouldn't be on their mobile devices anyway. It would be nice anyway for that option to be there.

Offline ThatGuy

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Major
  • Step Up Or Step Aside
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2012, 11:27:59 PM »
If you can't navigate the forums on you mobile device it sucks. I use my phone to navigate this site with no problems at all. 

So the need for a app  isn't there.

And note is right this was covered before
OMNIBUS LOCIS FIT CAEDES
 WHISKEY 1 TEAM LEADER.

Offline Watch_Dog

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2012, 06:25:29 AM »
yeah its not a big deal to navigate on any phone. The only problem I have is that whenever I get a message it opens a blank page on my phone. But why waste money making the app unless someone can do it for free for both Android OS and IOS?
If I knew a little more I could do it but it seems that majority doesnt want it.
name: Zac Colley
primary: Ak47 kalashnikov

Offline drummerace

• Corporal
  • End the fight swiftly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2012, 10:01:02 AM »
yeah its not a big deal to navigate on any phone. The only problem I have is that whenever I get a message it opens a blank page on my phone. But why waste money making the app unless someone can do it for free for both Android OS and IOS?
If I knew a little more I could do it but it seems that majority doesnt want it.

Thats what I was hopping for, a free app. And its not a necessity, I use my smart phone and have no problems. However, I feel like there could be potential towards the app. If its too much of a hassle, then defiantly dump the idea.
IF ANYONE WANTS A CUSTOM PATCH/T-SHIRT DESIGN just pm me or click on the link :D
Operator "Maniac"

Offline Shadow

• Sergeant Major
  • Tappin' fools from 300'+
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2012, 02:03:09 PM »
I have an easier solution: Tapatalk

Mace?
Six Charlie
Phantom Retired
Prop Wash Gang

Offline XavierMace

• Site Admin
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Major General
    • View Profile
    • http://www.xaviermace.com
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2012, 07:50:11 PM »
Tapatalk wants $800 if you don't want their crap all over the place.  In addition, it's not compatible with 100% of third party mods.  I also personally hate their app.  I can access the forum just fine on iOS 4 and Android 2.3.  If there's a particular issue people are running into accessing the forums from a mobile device, I'll listen.  But if it's just a matter of laziness, I'm not going to be terribly inclined to spend my time helping people be more lazy.

Offline Fresnel

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sergeant Major
  • Accuracy by Volume
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2012, 12:49:10 AM »
If there's a particular issue people are running into accessing the forums from a mobile device, I'll listen.
My friend who runs the PSC account has mentioned to me having troubles scrolling while editing posts, but that's all that comes to mind. Personally, I don't do jack shit on mobile devices except calling people, so I wouldn't know either way.

Offline Paradox

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • Sergeant Major
  • Don't tread on me
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2012, 07:59:31 AM »
If you can't navigate the forums on you mobile device it sucks. I use my phone to navigate this site with no problems at all. 

+1

iphone's,  and good androids don't have issues navigating.
Team Phantom(Retired),2006-2013
Six Charlie

Offline Shadow

• Sergeant Major
  • Tappin' fools from 300'+
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2012, 08:06:27 AM »
Tapatalk wants $800 if you don't want their crap all over the place.  In addition, it's not compatible with 100% of third party mods.  I also personally hate their app.  I can access the forum just fine on iOS 4 and Android 2.3.  If there's a particular issue people are running into accessing the forums from a mobile device, I'll listen.  But if it's just a matter of laziness, I'm not going to be terribly inclined to spend my time helping people be more lazy.

Duly noted.  I didn't realize Tapatalk was so intrusive with the free version.

I don't have problems accessing, just making a suggestion :)
Six Charlie
Phantom Retired
Prop Wash Gang

Offline drummerace

• Corporal
  • End the fight swiftly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2012, 08:24:52 AM »

I don't have problems accessing, just making a suggestion :)

Like I said, if its too much of a hassle and not worth it, then just skip it.   ;D Just an idea.
Operator "Maniac"

Offline XavierMace

• Site Admin
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Major General
    • View Profile
    • http://www.xaviermace.com
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2012, 10:05:44 AM »

I don't have problems accessing, just making a suggestion :)I

I don't mind the suggestion at all, just explaining my feelings on the app.

Offline PhoenixShadowCompany

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • http://phxshadow.net
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2012, 11:11:40 AM »

+1

iphone's,  an d good androids don't have issues navigating.

I have the galaxy a 2 and if the post is to long I have issues with scrolling to the bottom if I am editing or replying to a quote