Author Topic: Credit where due  (Read 6084 times)

Offline Rook

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Corporal
    • View Profile
Credit where due
« on: July 21, 2005, 06:41:01 PM »
This forum has been an exceptional place for the exchange of ideas, organization of events, classified ads, information sharing, and promotion of the sport.  AirsoftArizona was the place I (and I believe many others) really discovered the potential of the game, and what a community exists here.  I believe in acknowledging a job well done, and I want to give a personal salute to Paco for keeping this site running, and the service to the Airsofters it provides.  People make a difference and I humbly need to recognize a helping hand.  I invite a positive discussion about others that have had a good influence on the sport, team players... But first, a round of applause for Paco.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Rook »

Offline gixser13

• Major General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2005, 07:30:51 PM »
True Jason is the Man behind the The Screen (maintaining this forum), BUT Mikey is the man Behind AA right now!
 I would like to thank Mikey also for keeping the AA games up and running!

you guys get a  [smilie=armata_pdt_34.gif]  [smilie=armata_pdt_34.gif]  =D>  :D/  [smilie=armata_pdt_37.gif]
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by gixser13 »

Offline Farslayer

• Major General
    • View Profile
    • http://www.amsog.com
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2005, 10:15:38 PM »
The mod-gods have spoken!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Farslayer »
Benn

Offline Surplus man

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2005, 11:24:34 PM »
id like to recognize paul aka bucket. its his generosity and open mind that truly let myself, bolger and m79 grenadier into this large world of airsoft. going to his house, being amongst friends and having a few good laughes is one of the true things that keeps this sport awesome in my eyes. paul and his kind wife jen have made this sport a real treat and an opportunity to make great new friends. thanks bucket and jen! :)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Surplus man »
I saw this plug was in my wall here and then i noticed that your house was glowin like THE FRICKIN SUN! So, i uh put 2 and 2 together here and decided that your pissin me off...

-carl

Offline mohawkdude

• Staff Sergeant
    • View Profile
    • http://www.dayofdefiance.com
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2005, 11:29:46 PM »
I agree with surplus man, I've only played with bucket once but his friendly words of advice and jen looking after me when i got dehydrated, makes it an awesome experence.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by mohawkdude »
- Mohawk
- Team OpFor

Offline Surplus man

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2005, 11:33:44 PM »
jen is a good woman and since the last op when i got shot in the head, and she looked after me. shes sort of become an aunt figure in my mind.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Surplus man »
I saw this plug was in my wall here and then i noticed that your house was glowin like THE FRICKIN SUN! So, i uh put 2 and 2 together here and decided that your pissin me off...

-carl

Offline Rook

• Corporal
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2005, 08:28:22 AM »
Agreed, the two of them have been really great to me, and they're becoming real friends.  Andy, I want to I want to acknowledge you as well.  You’re doing a great job at keeping a large number of people “honestâ€￾ beyond just *ethics* in the game.  (I’m talking about your research on legit/non-legit areas of operation.)  Keeping people SAFE and out of trouble is a really positive thing for this sport.

Offline azsarge

• General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2005, 08:35:29 AM »
Here's to Jason as well.

I also would like to recognize Mike and Curtis.  Both of them have done alot for the game in AZ by planning OPs, moderating these boards, and portraying airsoft in a positive manner.

While we're at it, I also want to thank all of my AA buddies.  You know who you are, and I want you to know that I appreciate the relationships we've built over the years.  We really have a great group of guys in AA!

Thanks, everyone!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by azsarge »

Offline busta_cap

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2005, 08:40:01 AM »
Quote from: "azsarge"
Here's to Jason as well.

I also would like to recognize Mike and Curtis.  Both of them have done alot for the game in AZ by planning OPs, moderating these boards, and portraying airsoft in a positive manner.

While we're at it, I also want to thank all of my AA buddies.  You know who you are, and I want you to know that I appreciate the relationships we've built over the years.  We really have a great group of guys in AA!

Thanks, everyone!
It got deleted but i made a post something like this:

If there was anyone who I could ever really "look up to", it would be Mike Matheny, not really just as an airsofter but as a person in general. Mikey is a great guy on and off the field and puts himself in front of everyone else... He always tries to welcome new people and help them out and if someone needs something is happy to loan it out... And so far he has done a good job of running AA ever since Jason's "retirement" so to speak.

8)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by busta_cap »

Offline azsarge

• General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2005, 08:44:05 AM »
Jason did not "retire", he is just a busy guy!;)

But yeah, M-Dog is legit.8)

Offline Bucket

• Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2005, 08:45:46 AM »
Personally, I think Mikey, Curtis - "The Rev", Nil8r, Mad Sarge, Woody, and Greg get alot of my thanks. Andy Hinds has also been a very big help to me in some areas.

Thanks Guys, keep up the good work.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Bucket »

Offline Mugen

• Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2005, 08:51:50 AM »
I thank everyone who positivley contributes to this sport/hobby/obsession.  Without you, I would have no one to shoot.   Thank you from the deepest part of my Gear Box.   :oops:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Mugen »
It was once believed that Chuck Norris actually lost a fight to a
pirate, but that is a lie, created by Chuck Norris himself to lure more pirates to him. Pirates never were very smart.

Offline azsarge

• General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2005, 08:56:54 AM »
Quote from: "Mugen"
I thank everyone who positivley contributes to this sport/hobby/obsession.  Without you, I would have no one to shoot.   Thank you from the deepest part of my Gear Box.   :oops:

:lol:

If there was ever a quotable quote from this thread, that's it!

Offline Rook

• Corporal
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2005, 09:42:46 AM »
Hear! Hear!
Mugen, that was the funniest thing I've ever heard you say!  I'm not trying to imply you're not a funny/good guy, but that actually had me LMAO-IRL!  
By the way, NEVER offer to show me your gearbox...  But seriously friends, this forum has been a great service, and certain individuals have really made a postitve impace.  I'd like to thank the Tucson JungleToy store, and Ogre.  I walked in one day when they were "pre-opening" trying to figure out what the place was.  After all, they're next to "Mama Lamas."  Ogre was very cool to me, and really gave me a good impression of what both the sport and community was all about.  The only exposure I'd had prior was with "swapmeet springers," then suddenly I understood the bigger context.  "...Let me get this correct, there are honerable groups, using quality gear, and have organized events?  I thought people just had airsoft shootouts in the washes around here."  Then he showed me an AEG.  Oger, my thanks for treating me the honerable way you did...  It took a while before I was willing to jump into it, and you were patient with me, *always* willing to answer questions.  You treat nobody like a newbie, and I consider you a true asset to the sport you introduced me to.

Offline gixser13

• Major General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2005, 10:05:04 AM »
The two guys that I would THANK the most would be Ron and Scott. I remember talking to them 4 years ago at swapmart. Thats when I was first Interduce to airsoft. Those two guys have done tons for the sport
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by gixser13 »