Author Topic: Credit where due  (Read 6109 times)

Offline -MAD- SARGE

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2005, 06:00:40 PM »
Quote from: "Rook"
This has nothing at all to do with being new...  A good suggestion came up, and I'm trying to facilitate making a positive thing happen.  The remark you made about "some of us" is exactly what I'm trying to get past.  Yeah, I hang out with others as well; but this is an offer extended beyond just the group of people I usually hang out with.  There are people I haven't met, and people I usually don't hang out with.  Maybe folks that haven't been out to a game, or do so less often would like to come & hang out as well.  I'm sorry if I made you uncomfortable by suggesting a friendly gathering for people who -want- to do so.  I've already heard from 8 people in the last hour since that post who would be up for it.

Go for it  :)   Good idea, see whos intrested.  

Though, I dont think that anyone was made to feel uncomfortable of any sorts   8)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by -MAD- SARGE »

Don't be an Escalefter.

Offline azsarge

• General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #31 on: July 26, 2005, 06:49:25 PM »
Quote from: "Rook"
This has nothing at all to do with being new...  A good suggestion came up, and I'm trying to facilitate making a positive thing happen.  The remark you made about "some of us" is exactly what I'm trying to get past.  Yeah, I hang out with others as well; but this is an offer extended beyond just the group of people I usually hang out with.  There are people I haven't met, and people I usually don't hang out with.  Maybe folks that haven't been out to a game, or do so less often would like to come & hang out as well.  I'm sorry if I made you uncomfortable by suggesting a friendly gathering for people who -want- to do so.  I've already heard from 8 people in the last hour since that post who would be up for it.

Uncomfortable?  No.

My point was that we do this sort of thing often, and it's a great way to get to know everyone better.  

I'm not sure what kind of tone you picked up by my last posts, but you might as well lose the notion that I was trying to "dis" you.  This is an internet forum, if I wanted to make fun of you, I would wait until we are hanging out. :P

By this:
The remark you made about "some of us" is exactly what I'm trying to get past.

...do you simply mean that you want everyone to attend?  "Some of us" was simply stating the facts, not all of us bros can come to every event.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by azsarge »

Offline Rook

• Corporal
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2005, 12:09:02 AM »
Look, no harsh intent!  I'm sorry for the reaction to what I perceived as "sniping" there...  I felt pretty shot down for running with what I think was an honerable idea.  Other people are taking interest.  My intention was to pose an open invite for suggestions on a totally informal, non-exclusive get together.  No pressure, no animosity for others, as you said, "just a way to get to know everyone better..."
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Rook »

Offline Surplus man

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2005, 03:00:02 AM »
why is it so bad to wantt o get to gether and hang out not all airsoft is kill kill kill. some of us find it important to befriend your teammates. it makes for more trust and a relaxed enviornment.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Surplus man »
I saw this plug was in my wall here and then i noticed that your house was glowin like THE FRICKIN SUN! So, i uh put 2 and 2 together here and decided that your pissin me off...

-carl

Offline azsarge

• General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2005, 07:01:09 AM »
Quote from: "Surplus man"
why is it so bad to wantt o get to gether and hang out not all airsoft is kill kill kill. some of us find it important to befriend your teammates. it makes for more trust and a relaxed enviornment.

That's exactly what Rook and I just said.

I was also saying that we do it all the time.  When I hang out with my buds I met in AA, we have fun no matter what we do! :lol:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by azsarge »

Offline gixser13

• Major General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #35 on: July 27, 2005, 08:45:32 AM »
Well I am here to play airsoft. Not to hangout and be bubbys to everyone. I have a wife and 3 kids  90% of my time is dedicated to them. The 10% of free time I do have I want to be airsofting not hangout out talking about airsoft.
Most  all my interactions with fellow airsofter will be before games after games  at JT or maybe at gunshows.

Besides I 'm a Christian , who wants to hangout with me!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by gixser13 »

Offline Greg

• Colonel
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #36 on: July 27, 2005, 04:09:26 PM »
I know you guys are mostly talking about getting the tucson crew together, but we've done some other stuff in the past around phoenix that wasn't totally airsoft related.

I'd rather get together to go do something, but it doesn't have to be airsoft. Some of us have gone shooting or hiking before. Camping out is always fun- like we do at overnight ops. As azsarge already mentioned, we do usually go eat before and/or after games. I think I've only gone straight home after an airsoft game once or twice.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Greg »
-Greg of Christian\'s Team