Author Topic: Yes...gear questions from a noob..  (Read 2341 times)

Offline GenTarkin

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Private First Class
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2006, 10:56:08 PM »
looks sweet =) Ima wait till May 1st for that gear then, jungletoy will be having 10% sale on all their gear starting that day...woot =)

ROFL in that bottom picture is that guy behind you about to wack you with his gun? AHHAHA looks like it =p

also...wheres a good place to get comfy boots without payin a pretty car for them.
I think Ill have it all figured out once I figure out the boots next =)
oh also, from BDU.com what would be the best material to get for pants and jacket? -most durable and easy to clean I guess.

Thanks again so much guyz. I want to come to a game sometime...I have to somehow get a saturday here and there free , I normally work. But when I get it off Ill let you all know in the game date posts.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by GenTarkin »

Offline Bobaganoosh

• Staff Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2006, 11:25:02 PM »
my theory was this when I went to buy gear:
Sure it's expensive for this Eagle Plate Carrier with cumerbund but it works well for my needs, it's comfortable, and why should I waste my money on those cheap made-in-a-taiwanese-sweatshop brand rigs when I am going to eventually buy the expensive gear as I progress in airsoft.

See what you can gather from that statement.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Bobaganoosh »
SPF 4

\"GRENADE!\"

Offline Twitchy Konigkeit

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/ahwatac
(No subject)
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2006, 10:00:53 AM »
Well i AM the guy about  to hit the other one over the head with my G36 that is how the TodJager roll! (Death Hunter/Warrior)the kid about to get his head smashed in is my friend Nick, his name is like Alamman on the forums. but since the gear aint from a great company doesn't mean its not good you know.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Twitchy Konigkeit »

Offline GenTarkin

• Private First Class
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2006, 12:11:40 AM »
Alright...well after some more looking around and at all your suggestions.
I went to tactical tailor...they have some nice stuff, I noticed then that they have 40% off most of their woodland camo items! that drops prices nicely.
Now Im wondering is woodland on gear recommendend against over a more universal color like OD...or is woodland camo just fine for this stuff?
If I get a woodland BDU of coures I think it would look fine...BUT what if I want to go tan BDU down the line..would that just screw everything up?

example: desert BDU with OD dont look bad, how would that BDU look with woodland camo gear?

my other predicament, is the hydration system. If I get the MAV vest as one suggested, would a camelbak fit on my back, would they snap into each other or ... how does that work?
Because I could go with all of tacticaltailor's water system, which would be the X harness, and then their water carrier, and then their water bladder. But that got expensive.
If I just got all tactical tailor, foward gear lets say, can I get a camelbak on my back without interfering with the gear straps and such up front.

Tailor also has their woodland kit goin for 165$!!! that seems nice considering all the xtra pouches you get with it.
So as it stands its either - that woodland kit for 165$ and some sort of camelbak for around 70$ if they can fit with each other.
if not , then a small order of pouches to start with the MAV vest and the Xharness and tactical tailors watering system.

and if Im recommended against the woodland camo then Ill have to rethink things for gear, it will be much more expensive =(

which way would you guyz go.
Thanks
Jason

Offline Ganef

• Global Moderator
  • Major General
    • View Profile
    • http://www.coyotetactical.blogspot.com/
(No subject)
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2006, 01:24:15 AM »
Woodland gear is just fine. I have seen all gear colors on all types of uniforms, and as long as the gear is legit the color realy dosent matter, as long as it isnt black.

As per your question, the TT hydration system is molle mounted and so can only work if you have the x harness attached to your MAV. I like the xharness but if you are going to buy a full camelback then just get a MAV and wear the camelback over it.

E.G. (not actually saying that this is what you should buy but here is what I would get.

1piece MAV 28.20
4X 5.56 mag pouches @10.20 = 40.80
1 multipurpose pouch 13.80
total $82.8
camelback ambush for like $70
subtotal $152

That is for a setup with all the pouches you will need as long as you are just carying a rifle, if you cary a pistol then you may need a bib and some pistol mag pouches etc.. and a good holster, or just use a singe 5.56 mag shingle form TT as well. Either way you are just going barely around the $150 mark for gear.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Ganef »
"Well, ain\'t we a pair, Raggedy Man..."

Offline GenTarkin

• Private First Class
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2006, 08:17:38 AM »
awesome thanks man. so the camelbak and MAV will work just fine together? wont be like tons of straps or anything that will kill me? lol
and for the 4 5.56 you mean the triple 5.56 pouches right?
4 seems like a lot lol, dont know how many mags Im gonna have initially. 2 or 3 might be fine for now, dont know...

but what you recommend was around the exact setup I was thinkin, and since you say the MAV and camelbak work fine together..I think thats what I wil go with.

Thanks,
Jason

Offline Ganef

• Global Moderator
  • Major General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2006, 08:42:35 AM »
A camelback and MAV is the same setup this airballer has on:

There are a few other pics of his rig on the op hard bean pics.

http://www.airsoftarizona.com/forumbb/v ... 27&start=0

And yes I did mean the triple 5.56 mag pouches. I carry 9 mags so I amy have been a bit hasty to reccomend a bundle of them, ger just as many as you need.

Offline GenTarkin

• Private First Class
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2006, 09:45:00 PM »
are their elbow and knee pads pretty good also? or do you recommend something else for that.
Thanks for the above info, I Think that setup will work great for me.
I will start with 2 mag pouches and get more as needed.

Offline Ganef

• Global Moderator
  • Major General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2006, 10:50:17 PM »
If you want pads just get alta knee pads, from here:

http://skdtac.com/category.asp?categoryid=57

I would not recomend elbow pads, they restict movement and circulation, and you will rarely find a time that you would need them.