General Airsoft Arizona > Introduce Yourself!

Respect

(1/6) > >>

Phynstok:
:| Hey, I posted in another area but I'll post here too. How do you get respect in the field? I know I'm new to airsoft but I'm not stupid. I don't want to sound like I'm crying but the fact of the matter is, I'm not new to military tactics, law enforcement tactics, cqc and cqb tactics.
  It was probably just an isolated incedent, but my first game, no one took me seriously. There was one round where I was still in but people ignored me. There was another round where I volunteered to run point because no one else would but my fire team wouldn't follow. Eventually their lack of trust in me caused them to run off in different directions and get themselves whacked and left me alone crouched in a bush ten feet from the objective and five feet from the enemy.
   I was using borrowed gear. Was that it? Is their a form of posture or lingo that I don't use that just screams NEWBIE!!?
   I don't know maybe I'm just over analyzing or just expecting to much from untrained players. I'm used to organized play where each team has a defined heirarchy. (did I spell that right?).
   Anyway, thanks for letting me unload and I will definitely appreciate any advice that will help me establish a presence of combat experience without making myself sound like a complete jerk while I'm in the field.

RickEJ6:
Its not that way with the AA games at all.  There are few real structured teams.  Everyone just comes out to have a good time.  I have showed up to games where I knew maybe 1-2 people and still been involved in every game and had a good time. What groups were you playing with before?  Get out to an AA game and I garuntee you that you will enjoy it.   Just go out and have fun.  You can die a million times and get one kill and still have a great time.  Its up to you.

andyhinds:
Let people know you are a newbie, everybody is usually very welcoming.

gixser13:
Phynstok,
Theres a few teams out there that are suited to your likings, but 70% of the guys out there just run and shoot,

Respect should be given to all players, Sorry to hear about your first game. Was is an AA event?  

Hey if your Hardcore we have a open spot for LC IV its the superbowl of airsoft,

Phynstok:
Thanks guys, I don't actually know If it was an AA game. Sorry if I sounded arrogant or whiney. I just like having someone I can call Sarge, or Captain and actually fighting as an organized force. Not just a rabble. I know I'm new to airsoft but people can trust me when I run point. Don't get me wrong, my first game was fun! I'm totally hooked. By the way, I actually know the guy selling the spot for LCIV, I'm just not sure If I can schedule for time off and spare the cash, but I'll see what I can do.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version