Author Topic: Forced Milsim....  (Read 9294 times)

gearbox

• Trade Count: (0)
(No subject)
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2006, 12:12:56 PM »
Quote from: "JoJockAmo"
F*** all that, I go out to shoot people.And play dress up, I guess. I'm Half-assed milsim.

Added to sig!  Hope you don't mind, man. That's just too good a quote to pass up. :lol:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by gearbox »

Offline Ganef

• Global Moderator
  • Major General
    • View Profile
    • http://www.coyotetactical.blogspot.com/
(No subject)
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2006, 12:17:49 PM »
Quote from: "Doc Hollywood"
Quote from: "Ganef"
We were defeated so badly at OP IRENE4 you would imagine I would quit the game entirely but we didnt.

But thats just so not true.  

Although the point system ensures a winner and a looser, they points are just not a true indicator of what happens on a battlefield.  Two very strong companies fought a difficult set of objectives and there was victory on both sides, and losses on both sides.  And at the end there was a combined force that kicked the insurgents asses so badly some of them were refusing to regen anymore....

IMHO

What I meant was that "if" it was a game of points and "if" that was all that I cared about then I would have been pretty pissed by the outcome of that game. I thought the points were pretty jacked up but I dont care because that is not why I went, I went to play at zussman and if the scenarios were stacked against me all the more fun.  We stepped up and fought hard every other scneario that op because we wanted to be there, and didnt care about the "game score".

It was fun to work with you guys and yea we totally destroyed the insurgency in that scenario.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Ganef »
"Well, ain\'t we a pair, Raggedy Man..."

Offline Doc Hollywood

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2006, 01:48:58 PM »
I see your point.....I agree the points were pretty jacked up..... and you are right, for 99% of us there it wasn't about the points.... OK maybe 95% of us...
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Doc Hollywood »

Offline mustremember13

• Private First Class
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2006, 02:26:40 PM »
Quote from: "babybackribs"
Because the game was CREATED to be mil-sim.  If you have a problem with it being 110% mil-sim, go play paintball.

Don't be so fuckin' arrogant. You were just sucessful in making me think you're 110% dumbass.

I think alot of people just get into airsoft because they like mil-sim aspect of the sport. I guess those people just get pissed off when somebody with a few highcaps comes along and has an advantage or something. Who really knows? Draw your own conclusions.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by mustremember13 »

Offline Ivan

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Major
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2006, 03:10:21 PM »
Quote from: "mustremember13"
Quote from: "babybackribs"
Because the game was CREATED to be mil-sim.  If you have a problem with it being 110% mil-sim, go play paintball.
Don't be so fuckin' arrogant. You were just sucessful in making me think you're 110% dumbass.

I think alot of people just get into airsoft because they like mil-sim aspect of the sport. I guess those people just get pissed off when somebody with a few highcaps comes along and has an advantage or something. Who really knows? Draw your own conclusions.

my point exactly... dumbass kids don't think before they type anymore.

I like to be outnumbered. the fun is being right along with my fellow team mate, and having the odds against us. win or lose. just getting out and shooting a few guys in the tweeters is where it's at. milsim or not, it's not your place to decide whats right. it's the individuals right to enjoy his / her self.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by whacker55 »
Im an operator....

Offline Gauge

• Corporal
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2006, 03:35:50 PM »
Personally, I love the milsim. I understand the need for diversity and wanting to be outside the grain, but I pride myself and only myself towards presenting a personality on the field and an image on the field that derives from MILITARY based roots. What everyone else does is their own thing but a uniform identity for team members (in the aspects of gear and movement and practical theory) as well as establishing a military atmosphere for games would be IDEAL.

Granted we don't have functional mortars with the big sounds that kick up fans of dirt. We don't have or its at least much more difficult to get a hold of military vehicles from APC's to Tanks and God Forbid: aircraft of ANY type. WE don't have ready access to gun turret emplacements worth a damn in actual combat, next gen nightvision, parachute drops or fully functioning cargo/ supply vehicles that actually provide supplies along heavily contested transit routes which must be guarded at all times. So the presumption of forcing the idea of MILSIM on EVERYONE EVERY GAME is a little unfair.

I find it much easier to let people do what they want and ally myself with others who simply share my passion. That way everyone gets what they want.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Gauge »
Team Saguaro

Offline infinitydragon11

• Corporal
    • View Profile
well...
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2006, 03:39:31 PM »
looks like i started somethin here, im glad to see that some people out there relize its just a game/sport, and not the military... if you want to be military join up!  now i may sound a little brash, but its just because of those people who got all kinds of pissy when I said something that wasnt in line with the way they live!!!  oh no!!!  GUYS... THE WORLD IS REALLY ROUND!!!  to everyone else who did look at the post with an open mind, thanks... its good to know that there are some people that realize that it is just a sport, and real people play to have real fun
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by infinitydragon11 »
SAM-K

Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Offline Vince

• Global Moderator
  • General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2006, 03:40:52 PM »
:(

You were doing good till you stepped on your dick with that last post.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Vince »

"I was having dinner with Andrew Ho, and he said I should have COL McKnight lead airsofters in mock combat. I said, "That is the gayest idea I have ever heard." - John Lu

Offline infinitydragon11

• Corporal
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2006, 03:47:57 PM »
thanks for the ego boost man... 8)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by infinitydragon11 »
SAM-K

Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Offline Gauge

• Corporal
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2006, 03:49:03 PM »
Quote from: "Vince"

You were doing good till you stepped on your dick with that last post.

on what part? He was just commenting that he noticed there were people of different minds who responded... jeez, relax this place is kind of tense at times for no reason at all.
Team Saguaro

Offline Ivan

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Major
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2006, 03:52:24 PM »
Quote from: "Vince"

You were doing good but since I am a dick, i'll comment negatively on that last post.

I fixed it for you Vince. here ya go
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by whacker55 »
Im an operator....

Offline mini-support

• Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2006, 04:03:49 PM »
The whole point to playing airsoft is to roleplay. If you wanna be a tard and run around dressed like a mullet wearing bum and think your cool doing so then fine, be my guest. Find a group of equally silly people and start your own thing.
95% of real airballers play for the milsim aspect, period, end of discussion. Id make jokes and shoot you as much as possible for dressing/acting stupid on purpose during an AA or any organized local airsoft game. We all have our own styles and types of tactics as teams but, we have the same goals: to own cool replica guns, shoot them at people and MILSIM.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by mini-support »
Lyle
AirsoftAddicts.com

"It\'s time to let Old Painless out of the bag"....

Offline Ares

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/gtm2000
Re: well...
« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2006, 04:14:48 PM »
Quote from: "infinitydragon11"
looks like i started somethin here, im glad to see that some people out there relize its just a game/sport, and not the military... if you want to be military join up!  now i may sound a little brash, but its just because of those people who got all kinds of pissy when I said something that wasnt in line with the way they live!!!  oh no!!!  GUYS... THE WORLD IS REALLY ROUND!!!  to everyone else who did look at the post with an open mind, thanks... its good to know that there are some people that realize that it is just a sport, and real people play to have real fun

we realize this. but the military is not for everyone. we like the game. some of us would rather be in school than in the armed forces, some of us already have carreers. one things for sure.. if we go to North Korea.. ill be first in line at the recruiting table.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Ares »

Offline Gauge

• Corporal
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2006, 04:28:09 PM »
Personally, I think the army designed their ACU's around the potential of being engaged in a landwar with North Korea. Hence the use of a lot of green. But that's just my observation.
Team Saguaro

Offline Uchiha Itachi

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2006, 05:19:35 PM »
Well this is my mindset,

This isn't my board nor group. I didn't start it, maintain the board, or host the games. I conform to AA and MA rules when I go(I still use 2 hi-caps as backup during non-milsim days). It's their game and their rules. They LET me play and I am grateful. To me Milsim is just fun and cool as crap.

That's pretty much it for me. It's just fun to shoot people in the end.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Uchiha Itachi »