Author Topic: AGM and CYMA are GONE!!!  (Read 7001 times)

Offline Basher

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile
    • http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/index.php?topic=ezo
Re: AGM and CYMA are GONE!!!
« Reply #75 on: October 30, 2009, 01:33:20 PM »
Wow, this game has changed a LOT since I last played! Who here has been around long enough to remember Chase and the awesome deals he hooked AA members up with, even though he was basically paying for shipping twice (Japan to Hawaii, Hawaii to AZ)? THOSE were the good ol' days. :) And it seems I can never find used WA GBBs anywhere, only the cheap clones. :( Oh well, life moves on and we'll just have to get used to that fact. Lighten up, folks. Airsoft is supposed to be fun! Save up your pennies like I had to and buy something worthwhile. Airsoft/paintball ain't nothing compared to real lead slingers! Deal with it.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Exarach

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 30, 2009, 01:43:25 PM »
Dammit. Forgot ammo
Ok, here we go.
A paintball is what? 11mm? 12? whereas an airsoft pellet is 6mm, meanining, that right off, a standard paintball should cost at least 2x an airsoft pellet, with materials usage, BUT, a PB is not solid plastic (ok theres air in some airsoft pellets....) and cannot be produced/cast in vacuum seal molds that are relatively cheap and can produce hundreds within minutes, they require a special set of equipment, with whole new variables for the adage of paint, and the correct sealing/ machine motion differences, not to mention Shipping/handling. They should cost more, there require X hundred more hours of a workers time to manufacture, transport and produce, Its also a greater drain on resources and equipment.

And last time I was at cowtown/FAP about 3 people had an Angel, so, yes, I would rank it up on the rare and rarely seen guns, which, on an oddly familiar note, was  exactly who had them, the high end players, who dedicated time and money, kinda like the guys who would own a TH240 or some random ARES $$$ product (M200 was an example, there are more.)

You know... After all that I forgot what the Hell we were arguing over......
I think that it was that airsoft is not cheap, just a different way of spending money.
\"Friendly fire isn\'t\"
If a speeding pellet in a quiet woods hits a noob in the face, and he cries, does anyone care?

Offline Exarach

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 30, 2009, 01:45:37 PM »
Quote from: "Basher"
Airsoft is supposed to be fun! Save up your pennies like I had to and buy something worthwhile. Airsoft/paintball ain't nothing compared to real lead slingers! Deal with it.
Amen to that. Soooo true..
\"Friendly fire isn\'t\"
If a speeding pellet in a quiet woods hits a noob in the face, and he cries, does anyone care?

Offline Ultra

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 30, 2009, 06:57:38 PM »
The argument posted is that because Airsoft rifles now cost 100 bucks less than they used to, the sport has been invaded by jaskasses.

My counter argument is that airsoft has always been rather cheap compared to other hobbies, particularly another shooting sport that shares the same demographic, paintball. Thus, since airballing is already a rather inexpensive hobby, there must be another reason why assclowns are invading the sport other than cheaper guns.

You then stated that airsoft is not any cheaper than paintball.

I disagree with you and I think most people who do the math would agree that playing paintball is far more expensive. If not in gear, certainly in the ammunition. Again, paint is 10 times more expensive than BB's, that's 1000% more expensive.

BTW, the fact that you saw thousand dollar paintball guns at a local Rec-Ball field, and not at a tournament, speaks volumes for how common they really are. When I was playing paintball it seemed like everyone and their dog owned a thousand dollar gun.