Author Topic:  (Read 10742 times)

Offline Paco

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Brigadier General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #30 on: September 24, 2004, 01:27:55 PM »
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Raith</i>
<br />Jason, where did you find this article?  Most of the CA airsofters I've talked to have had little to no opinion of this, or have said that it was old news and not a problem.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I don't recall where I found the article, but the law was passed on the 20th of this month, so those who are calling it "old news" are probably confusing it with something else, or just aren't aware of the circumstances.  I have also seen a tendency to ignore such laws/regulations until they affect someone they know (eg - until someone gets busted for it).  [V]
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Paco »

Offline JesseJamesMcGuire

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
    • http://sk8njesse.tripod.com
(No subject)
« Reply #31 on: September 24, 2004, 01:50:06 PM »
I think Cali should change it's name to = Nazi Germany.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by JesseJamesMcGuire »
Jesse James McGuire

Offline gixser13

• Major General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #32 on: September 24, 2004, 02:02:10 PM »
Arnold is from Austria which boarders germany,You would think He would of learned after WWII
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by gixser13 »

Offline leadmagnet

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #33 on: September 24, 2004, 02:34:46 PM »
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by gixser13</i>
<br />kalifornia's new slogon: Land of the Gay home of the Victim's

Dude, I'm not impressed with the new law either but there is no call for you to talk like a bigot.

Lead
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by leadmagnet »

Offline Harley

• Major General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #34 on: September 24, 2004, 02:43:39 PM »
I don't think that it was really a bigotted statement.  He was speaking the truth.

U.S. census finds nearly 500,000 gay couples
      Andrew Quinn, Reuters
      Wednesday, August 8, 2001 / 04:07 PM
SUMMARY: New census figures give a fresh estimate of the number of gay and lesbian couples in the United States, showing same-sex households flourishing everywhere from big city centers to small towns and remote rural regions.

SAN FRANCISCO -- New census figures give a fresh estimate of the number of gay and lesbian couples in the United States, showing same-sex households flourishing everywhere from big city centers to small towns and remote rural regions.

The 2000 figures, released on Wednesday by the U.S. Census Bureau, are the most comprehensive count of same-sex couples in U.S. history and reflect a change in polling questions that allowed gay and lesbian couples to identify themselves clearly to demographers.

"These numbers show us that gay and lesbian couples exist in virtually every county in the United States," said Gary Gates, a research associate at the Urban Institute in Washington who specializes in gay and lesbian population studies.

The new data show a major jump in self-identified gay and lesbian pairings, rising to 472,289 last year from 121,346 in 1990. And while 10 years ago gay couples were reported in only about half of U.S. counties, the latest numbers show them in 99.2 percent of the 2,418 counties that have reported so far.

<b>California continues to lead the pack</b>, with more than 92,000 same-sex couples around the state, up threefold from 1990 and double the number reported in the runner-up state, New York.

But while well-known gay and lesbian destinations such as the San Francisco Bay Area continue to boast the highest percentage of same-sex couples -- more than 7 percent of all couples both married and unmarried in the case of San Francisco -- other regions of the country are also experiencing a boom in gay and lesbian pairings.

Santa Fe ranks second.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Harley »
\"Just because you\'re paranoid, doesn\'t mean they\'re not out to get you!\"

\"Have Gun - Will Travel\"

Offline leakingpen

• Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #35 on: September 24, 2004, 02:44:00 PM »
and lets not forget, his father was an ss officer.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by leakingpen »

Offline delta_echo

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #36 on: September 24, 2004, 03:02:04 PM »
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Harley</i>
<br />
 said Gary Gates, a research associate at the Urban Institute in Washington who specializes in gay and lesbian population studies.

I guess there really is a job for everyone[:P]. "So what do you do?" "Oh, I'm a gay and lesbian poplulation studier."
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by delta_echo »

Offline leadmagnet

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #37 on: September 24, 2004, 03:56:32 PM »
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Harley</i>
<br />I don't think that it was really a bigotted statement.  He was speaking the truth.

Uh, no.  He was using the reference as an insult.  And yeah, under that circumstance it was bigoted.

Lead

Offline Paco

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #38 on: September 24, 2004, 04:14:32 PM »
I command you all to return this thread <b><font size="6">BACK ON TOPIC!</font id="size6"></b>

Offline leadmagnet

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #39 on: September 24, 2004, 04:25:50 PM »
At least Arnie signed a bill to make it legal to get up to ten syringes from the local pharmacy without a prescription.

Lead

Offline gixser13

• Major General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #40 on: September 24, 2004, 04:36:48 PM »
bigoted

adj : blindly and obstinately attached to some creed or opinion and intolerant toward others; "a bigoted person"; "an outrageously bigoted point of view

well, I am Intolernant of  people that have there freedoms strip away from them day by day and they dont do a damn thing about it, What has happen to, The power of the people, OH I FORGOT WE ARE TALKING ABOUT Kalifonia

I am Intolernant to the fact that i am loosing my freedoms and our way of life due to some fatasses living in Million dollar homes telling me what is good for me and my family

Americans is becoming a nation of metrosexuals, while other nations get stronger we get lazy and weak caring about our hair,shoes,cloths,and cars,

And lead what do I tell my son when he sees two gay guys or gals kissing and touching each other? tell him its, Ok, Come on If your gay be gay at home or behind closed doors, I dont want to see that crap, Its always some tinkerbell gay guy happy to show the world how gay he is,
that I am Intolernant about....

so call me what you will..
I am a red blooded(born in this country)Christian American
 guess nowadays that dosent count for very much!

christen

Offline gixser13

• Major General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #41 on: September 24, 2004, 04:38:00 PM »
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Paco</i>
<br />I command you all to return this thread <b><font size="6">BACK ON TOPIC!</font id="size6"></b>

SORRY, I WILL

Offline leadmagnet

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #42 on: September 24, 2004, 04:50:26 PM »
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by gixser13</i>
<br />
And lead what do I tell my son when he sees two gay guys or gals kissing and touching each other? tell him its, Ok, Come on If your gay be gay at home or behind closed doors, I dont want to see that crap, Its always some tinkerbell gay guy happy to show the world how gay he is,
that I am Intolernant about....

Dude, tell him they must really like each other but that you think it is wrong to display that kind of affection in public.  Then if you like, you can explain to him why you think being gay is wrong.  What the hell does that have to do with making bigoted comments in these forums?

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by gixser13
so call me what you will..
I am a red blooded(born in this country)Christian American
 guess nowadays that dosent count for very much!
christen

I'm a "red blooded born in this country American" and so are those gay people you're insulting.  Doesn't that count for much?

Lead

Offline Paco

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #43 on: September 24, 2004, 05:41:35 PM »
Last chance guys - then this thread it locked:  BACK ON TOPIC!

Offline gixser13

• Major General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #44 on: September 24, 2004, 06:06:58 PM »
Sounds like this might be the beginning of the end of airsoft in kalifornia, They will crackdown on the sales of the airsoft guns.

First you have taken guns away from society(Kalf.)
then you interduce them to something they have only seen on TV(gun, play guns)
they Never had any hands on training as childern or young teens with firearms(beacuse of there society up bringing)
So yes, your goign to have some problems with childern and airsoft guns in Kalf.

movies glamorize guns and war...We arent banning movies