Author Topic: Wall of shame? :)  (Read 4876 times)

Offline Sgt. Soap

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • Sergeant First Class
  • Echo 1 Stag-15 Custom
    • View Profile
Re: Wall of shame? :)
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2012, 08:33:53 PM »
honestly is our community this screwed up? how hard is it for people to play fair?

Since when has the human race played fair? There's cheaters in everything in life no matter what you do. You either deal with it and move on or you let it get to you. In airsoft it's the same thing. I deal with it and move on and if I have a problem with them more than once then I might or might not confront them about it. Most of the time people who are seen cheating can't tell if they were hit or not but if they have to take a minute to think it then they should just call themselves out. One guy at Hatfield had the drop on me from about 30 feet behind me and was shooting but his hop was tuned too high and couldn't hit me. I turned around and realized he had the drop after he shot about 10-15 shots and I called myself out as he would have hit me if he wasn't having problems with his hop. Could I have not called myself out and shot him? Yes but that would have caused a problem and I just like to play to have fun. There's always another game after that one. People will always get mad at another person for cheating but that's life. You deal with it and move on.
i do the same thing because i was playing at fightertown and a guy (who is infamous for having a really shot fuse) shot 2 of my guys and had the drop on me, granted he didnt hit me i just gave him it because i didnt want to cause a problem either.

Offline Ivan

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2012, 12:41:44 AM »
i do the same thing because i was playing at fightertown and a guy (who is infamous for having a really shot fuse) shot 2 of my guys and had the drop on me, granted he didnt hit me i just gave him it because i didnt want to cause a problem either.
[/quote]

Lol.. sounds lke me at fightertown.. It almost came to blows once I was so mad... .. But seriously there are some people that just cannot stand losing so bad that they turn in their integrity for a short unnoticed second of glory, soon to be forgotten. but the knowledge that they are cheaters truly lies in their hearts and that is all they need in my book.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 12:44:22 AM by Ivan »
Im an operator....

Offline GH(+)ST

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2012, 02:24:30 AM »
lol, i love people with a short fuse, they want to come to fists, i bet what comes next won't be a bb. and you won't need to call it , you'ed feel it......2 hours later when you wake up lol.   i'm so synical.

But ya, it is a silly thing.

cheaters cheat and are sad.
players that obide by the rules have the most fun anyway. if only the cheaters could understand that they would see.

Offline MutinyBri

• FNG
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2012, 09:50:50 PM »
What exactly would this accomplish?  Ok, so you may be able to recognize a cheater before the game.  Then what?  You go home because there's a cheater there?  You certainly can't prevent him from playing.  Especially if you are at a pay to play field and he's already paid.  Going up to him and calling him out as a cheater isn't going to do anything, he already knows he cheats.  It's no different than people who cheat in online games.  Telling everyone he's a cheater doesn't do anything unless you've got someone with the authority to throw him out.  Don't get me wrong, I understand the frustration but I don't see how this would help unless you can get the field to ban the player in question.  It's really just so people can vent.

Stooping to their level does nothing but make you a bit of a dick.  While giving them a 203 to the face (or something similar) may give you a bit of enjoyment at their expense, it's not going to stop them from cheating.  More importantly if you catch an innocent player in the crossfire you're as likely to get in trouble as the cheater.  Airsoft is supposed to be a sport of honor.  The honorable thing to do is roll with the punches and keep playing.  Life isn't fair, anyone who says otherwise is selling something.  Finding ways to retaliate is no more honorable than the person cheating.  If the field has a ref/admin, tell them what happened.  That should be the end of it as far as you are concerned.

Exactly. Labeling someone as a cheater forever is also a problem because if they ever learn from their mistakes and stop cheating, that label won't go away. So if you happen to shoot at that player and miss, it doesn't matter because he's a "cheater" so even tho he was a hundred feet away and it was windy, he was cheating.

So what do players start doing.. cheating against the cheater. It's only fair, right?

No. The number one cause of cheating is labeling other players as cheaters and justifying cheating toward them in return. I've reffed a lot of games and the players I see not calling their hits the most are the ones who complain about other players cheating.

Call your hits. Set a good example if your opponent doesn't do the same.

Offline Plauge

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2012, 10:04:14 PM »
Idk if this would solve the problem if the people cheating aren't on AA but if I'm shooting at someone and I know there hit and they don't call their hit I've either kept shooting or gone on to another target

Offline BreechUnClear

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2012, 07:20:40 PM »
If it goes on for long enough, plenty of people will single out "cheaters." As for disciplinary action, such a thing as policing, harassing, or kicking people off fields will only drop numbers. Addressing it at the point of the incident, is the best way to handle cheating. If they do not learn then, there will be a next time. Have fun guys!
« Last Edit: January 28, 2012, 07:22:16 PM by BreechUnClear »

Offline Davis8207

• Private First Class
  • Follow me on twitter @davis8207
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2012, 01:14:22 PM »
I think this is a legit idea. Obviously there have been some great points made, but what this does is expose the person for what he or she is, a cheater. What it would do for us as a community is allow us to not treat this member as a " fellow " airsoft person. Instead, make them feel uncomfortable while being on a team. Sounds rude, but it's tough love. Could show people how upsetting it is to invest money in a sport that relies on the honor system, and have that system jacked up

Just my 2 cents though
Follow me on twitter @davis8207

Offline XavierMace

• Site Admin
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Major General
    • View Profile
    • http://www.xaviermace.com
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2012, 01:47:41 PM »
Make them uncomfortable how?  I've never met a cheater in any sport/hobby who stopped because people told him they didn't like it when he cheats.

Offline SBFirefox

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2012, 03:28:25 PM »
For what it's worth back in Ohio we have done this to an extent and it has worked well for the most part. The hosting team at a local field has been wearing Contour helmet cameras while playing (about 12 guys with these) and if they catch someone breaking a rule when looking over the footage they take a screenshot and post it up on the AAR. Cheating, full auto indoors, crossing AO boundries, etc.. are all fair game. While I do not think a "hall of shame" is necessary a little bit of public humility goes a long way in sport where ego runs high. Just my 2 cents.

Offline Rd maul

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sergeant First Class
  • Call your Shots!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2012, 03:37:38 PM »
The problem at Vanguard boils down to little kids and people who are new to the game, They just dont know or are blatanly cheating...every game I have gone to that is run and has in attendance veterens, I have never come across a cheater. Like Xavier said just roll with it, and when in doubt full auto the shit out of them, they will call out eventually.

Offline SLINKEY

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2012, 06:39:46 PM »
why not just get a magnified scope, and when you watch them go ahh! and duck. put another one right in the sweet spot, weather it the back of the arm, the neck, ass cheak or any exposed flesh, or tight to the skin clothes.

works fine for me unless there blatently cheating.

Or give them a nice .4 bb to one of tho's area's. people tend to call it when they get hit by somthing that feels like a rock.

Offline wolfenblaze

• Staff Sergeant
  • IF all else fails BLOW IT UP.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2012, 12:47:49 AM »
cant we just use sim tac rounds on cheaters they just hit a little harder then 6mm bb. though i would start aiming for the groin for extra sweet punishment ^_^
FOR JUSTICe and freedom