Author Topic: Entry Quiz  (Read 10895 times)

Offline Fresnel

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sergeant Major
  • Accuracy by Volume
    • View Profile
Re: Entry Quiz
« Reply #30 on: May 25, 2012, 12:27:26 AM »

What about younger players who actually know about what they are talking about? You cant group all younger players into "They have no idea what this sport is"...
Us older folks' qualm with the younger side of things isn't necessarily that they don't know what they're talking about, it's more with their attitudes, frivolous posts, and resentment of the adults involved in the sport.

Also, on my previous suggestion, why not limit For Sale ads using that same rule? Your For Sale ad cannot be posted in the 'adult' section of ASAZ (where most of the market/money will be) until you've accumulated say... 30 posts or something? Granted you could technically just post useless responses until you get up the required number of posts, but it would certainly weed out most of the '1 sale post wonders' lurking the For Sale section. I'd bet most of those people wouldn't bother going through the effort just to post their ad on the adult forum.
You're right, they wouldn't go through the effort. Instead they'd just post a for-sale ad on the General Off-Topic Discussion [Adult] board.

Offline Mooncruiser

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 25, 2012, 05:39:13 AM »
Y'know, somebody has to pay for this site to be here. The old site asked for a 20.00 Paypal donation. For that, you got access to a "AA Member Forum" (No kids in here!).
- I kinda miss that.
~~ All men should know before they die, what they are running to, and from, and why ~~

AIRSOFT ADDICTS
Saguaro Airsoft Team

Offline kman94

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 25, 2012, 05:41:51 AM »
Why are you guys so concerned with age yet some of you dont bother to post it in your profile.....kinda hypocritical if you ask me.
Are you ok? Do you need some tissues, maybe a hug?

Offline Dayton

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 25, 2012, 06:23:09 AM »
Why are you guys so concerned with age yet some of you dont bother to post it in your profile.....kinda hypocritical if you ask me.
Are you ok? Do you need some tissues, maybe a hug?

This is exactly what this whole topic has turned into being about. What was the true purpose of your reply kman94? I see in no way how that was helpful, constructive, informative, or any of the like. Wasted space, time, energy, and morale.

What did you possibly think you would accomplish by posting this? You've just made a prime example of what this topic is about, and you had the audacity to actually make the post IN THE SAME TOPIC? What is wrong with you? Be respectful, and humble. It will get you farther in life than you could ever know.

THESE KINDS OF POSTS NEED TO STOP!

Along with the "witty meme, think your funny, has nothing to do with anything" picture posts. They are getting out of hand, and I see no need for them. They don't make anybody laugh, they don't make anybody think your cool, they have NO PURPOSE.

Contrary to popular belief, and often proven on these forums, Maturity does not come with age. True, the older person, the more likely they are to be mature, but very often that is not the case. I have seen several people on these forums that have made a truly informative and intuitive response, only to be shot down, insulted, and stomped on by "Older" yet less mature peers.

I don't care how old you are, I don't care how much money you make, I don't care what kind of car you drive, I don't even care if you are the one who bought it. I don't care if your a first time poster, a once in a week/month poster, have over 9,000 posts, were banned or suspended wrongfully, or are a Moderator or Admin. This applies to all, even myself, I'm not above anybody here, You have no right to demand respect, and you have no right to be disrespectful.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 06:34:31 AM by Dayton »
Fox Company | Tournament Locks
Main: JP Polarstar, Magpul PTS ACR, ARES Tavor TAR-21
Side Arm: KWA HK45, KWA Umarex H&K MP7
Other: AT-4, Defusable Bomb, Mortar

Offline kman94

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 25, 2012, 06:32:02 AM »
Butthurt, butthurt everywhere.
Thats the real problem. You get a bunch of 20-somethings together and expect them not to give each other shit. Everyone needs to grow thicker skin and realize airsoft is a game. A GAME.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 06:35:29 AM by kman94 »

Offline Dayton

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 25, 2012, 06:39:14 AM »
Thats the real problem. You get a bunch of 20-somethings together and expect them not to give each other shit. Everyone needs to grow thicker skin and realize airsoft is a game. A GAME.

I agree that people need to be less defensive, and insulted, or "grow thicker skin" as you put it. Babying people solves nothing. But I disagree that it's the real underlying problem on these forums.

Also, when I mentioned the $4 thing at the beginning of this topic, I didn't mean to start an entire 3 page off-topic discussion, and this thread should probably be split.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 06:43:57 AM by Dayton »
Fox Company | Tournament Locks
Main: JP Polarstar, Magpul PTS ACR, ARES Tavor TAR-21
Side Arm: KWA HK45, KWA Umarex H&K MP7
Other: AT-4, Defusable Bomb, Mortar

Offline Fresnel

• Sergeant Major
  • Accuracy by Volume
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 25, 2012, 06:56:18 AM »

I agree that people need to be less defensive, and insulted, or "grow thicker skin" as you put it. Babying people solves nothing. But I disagree that it's the real underlying problem on these forums.
The problem I'm noticing is that Team Phantom decided sometime earlier this week that they're the pinnacle of manliness and has gone on some kind of crusade to get all the girly-men and sissy-boys on this site to pull themselves up by their bootstraps, chop off an extremity just for the experience, and learn how to be A Real Man. So you guys go shave your kevlar beards with chainsaws and bear-knuckle box grizzlies for fun, I'm going to use a razor like a normal human being and watch some fuckin' television. Frankly, men as manly as you all seem to think you are shouldn't whine so loud and so often.

But the real, underlying problem here is that this is the internet, and no matter how hard you try you can't punch someone in the face through the internet, so people say stupid shit with reckless abandon. Case in point: you think I would have said that last paragraph to your face? Fuck no, chances are I would have lost a tooth for my troubles. And the problem with the problem is that you can't rightly take an internet forum off the internet. So the problem is simply the nature of the beast, and completely unavoidable.

And on a personal note, I DO laugh at a good portion of the meme responses, if they're well-placed and relevant, and I know for damn sure I'm not the only one. If this place were straight, dry discussion, it'd be boring as hell. A bit of drama and stupidity spice the pot quite nicely.

Finally, I apologize for opening this can of worms, but I feel it had to be said.

Offline Mooncruiser

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 25, 2012, 07:26:37 AM »
Well, let the Mods get rid of the kids on here, and on the fields, 18+ ONLY. Let the kids go play at that great, circle-jerk, Romper Room clusterfuck known as Vanguard.
~~ All men should know before they die, what they are running to, and from, and why ~~

AIRSOFT ADDICTS
Saguaro Airsoft Team

Offline Paradox

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • Sergeant Major
  • Don't tread on me
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 25, 2012, 07:33:21 AM »
Actually fresnel you are a laughing stock.

We are sick and tired of these boards being run down by pubescent little bitches such as yourself and started to speak up. What it boils down to still is that you and others like you are the root cause of these issues. 

Keep playing at vanguard thinking it's the pinnacle of Airsoft.

I guess that is it. Since Vanguard we have got an influx of people. .. hmm this makes sense.
Team Phantom(Retired),2006-2013
Six Charlie

Offline Shadow

• Sergeant Major
  • Tappin' fools from 300'+
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 25, 2012, 07:46:46 AM »
So what you're saying is that we should all just sit back and let these boards do their thing without any sort of intervention; that the internet is some anarchistic entity where any form of morals and values are nonexistent?

Tolerance != Acceptance

We have every right to voice our displeasure with the way things are going just as much as the next guy.  Going on some sort of personal vendetta against TPA because some of us (3 out of 11) posted in threads this week is childish and ignorant.

You missed my point about being a man completely.  It has nothing to do with "kevlar beards" and "bear boxing" as you so decided to put it.  It has everything to do with reactionary and incindiary comments, demoralization of character and irresponsible behavior.

You seem to find it inexpedient to argue about whether or not correcting this behavior is beneficial or harmful. What matters is merely that "this is the way things are."  In that case, it would surely make political sense to just let things be on AA. Maybe so, but would it make any moral sense?

Case in point?  Take a look at almost every reply after my post last night.
Six Charlie
Phantom Retired
Prop Wash Gang

Offline Fresnel

• Sergeant Major
  • Accuracy by Volume
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 25, 2012, 07:59:33 AM »
Actually fresnel you are a laughing stock.

We are sick and tired of these boards being run down by pubescent little bitches such as yourself and started to speak up. What it boils down to still is that you and others like you are the root cause of these issues. 

Keep playing at vanguard thinking it's the pinnacle of Airsoft.

I guess that is it. Since Vanguard we have got an influx of people. .. hmm this makes sense.
There's two kind of men: talkers and doers. Talkers bicker back and forth, doers go out and get shit done. If you're as big a man as you think you are, go out and make your own goddamn forum where you can be a moderator and run your own quality control. Or are you a sissy girly-man of a talker who's going to sit here and bicker with me until one or both of us gets banned? You three (admittedly, yes, three. I was unaware you had so many members, apologies to the other eight) are the only ones to have voiced any sort of concern on this subject, and as of earlier this week it has been quite loud and, frankly, quite annoying.

Also, nice assumptions. Contrary to the axiom though, they're really only making an ass out of you here. You know literally nothing about me except what information I have put out in public (which may or may not be true, there's really no way to be certain), and yet you've already gathered that I am both a teenager/pre-teen, play at Vanguard, and am "the root of the issue", whatever this issue may be. So have fun with convincing yourself that what you think you know is true.

Beyond this I won't continue, however. I'm just getting rather annoyed by the sweeping generalizations of the entire population of this website below the age of majority, and of everyone who isn't TPA in general. I may not be a minor, but to reference Martin Niemöller, someone has to stand up for the trade unionists.

EDIT: Oh, and Shadow... in your last sentence, what thread are you referring to, exactly?
« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 08:01:29 AM by Fresnel »

Offline Mooncruiser

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 25, 2012, 08:10:24 AM »
Yeah yeah....whatever, flame wars.

Ever since Vanguard opened, Mr & Ms Yuppiepuppie have let little Brogdon Dakota Yuppiepuppie the III play there. From age 10 until now, having just turned twelve, the entitled young scion thinks he must now post on AA, and of course be accepted by all his "bro's" here.
Mommy takes him and his little friends out to Hatfield and such and here we all are.

AIRSOFT ADDICTS
Saguaro Airsoft Team

Offline Mobster7459

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 25, 2012, 09:33:47 AM »
KEEP GOING!!!!...I just got done cooking popcorn

Offline Terreus

• Staff Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 25, 2012, 09:46:42 AM »
What this thread has turned into:

EA is the great Satan of gaming

Offline Toast

• Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 25, 2012, 01:50:40 PM »
What's anything have to do with TPA? Is the concept of like minded people being on the same team not logical?
Come on Fresnel, Doers or talkers? Doers as in hosting free games, promoting the sport and trying to curb trespassing and bad examples of the hobby? Hey, we have our own site. However AA is a collective of teams and players, that's why I'm on here.
Honestly, it would be cool to meet you at a game. You like this game just as I do. However see where I'm coming from.
I've seen hundred of users sign up here, spew hate and worthless advise and insight and then vanish of the face of the earth because they find a new hobby, in the matter of a few months. All that posting for nothing and nothing to add to our community.
We were on these boards before any of us were on the team. Maybe we just happen to want to support a forum that at one time provided camaraderie, useful information and access to a community that promoted our hobby.
Making this a pay site will do nothing in curbing the worthless posts, in fact it will make people feel privileged because they "paid" to do it. The site also used to require so many posts before being able start a new one, that just encouraged more useless posting.
Now it just seems that every other new topic, that's not a classified, is some useless conglomeration of internet banter.
I've played with guys for 5-6 years and you know what? If I wanted to know what band they listen too I'd ask in person.
There is no reason for posts like "fav pony" or "what does your dad drive" other than starting that post because someone has nothing useful to post about airsoft or anything related. Then the responses are .gif's, that SOMEONE ELSE made, to try to be witty.
That's my issue with the current state of AA.
I personally have no issues with age in any form, however it has proven that maturity comes with the territory with little exception.
That still has never deterred me from passing on advise to those I feel deserve it. I encourage anyone willing to vouch or sponsor an underage player. I play 18+ games for a reason, mostly for my own protection. Yet I've seen guys "older" than me acting like asses at national events none the less. However I will never fire at anyone who is younger than probably 16. Just won't do it. That has to do with the mental reasoning ability of someone in that age group, not maturity.
The bases of my whole argument is, yes the internet is what it is but the fact is this is an AIRSOFT forum. It should get back to being an AIRSOFT forum. There's plenty of other sites out there to cater to all the other crap that people are bringing here.
Make sense?
« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 01:52:29 PM by Toast »
"Oderint Dum Metuant"