Author Topic: Entry Quiz  (Read 10935 times)

Offline Rogue Fox

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • First Lieutenant
  • 6CA
    • View Profile
Re: Entry Quiz
« Reply #45 on: May 25, 2012, 03:11:04 PM »
One thing to remember about TPA is that some of thier guys were playing with the owner of this site when you were still buying springers at walmart.

Back on topic, I do agree that there should be some sort of membership fee, not only to cut down on the number of useless posts but to help the man who pays to keep this site up and running. Do you see any Ad's on this website? There arent any anymore, and that means that the owner is paying out of pocket to host this forum. And I know that he doesnt spend that money so that you can ramble on about ponies, dubstep and your testosterone levels.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 03:23:27 PM by Rogue Fox »

When the shit hits the fan, dont be in front of the fan.

Offline Wolfz

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • Staff Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 25, 2012, 04:21:17 PM »
Being 14, with all these negative comments towards my age group, I felt as though i need to voice my opinion. Age doesn't matter as far as maturity goes. I knew plenty of people in the 8th grade that I would be scared of seeing in High School as far as maturity levels are concerned. But, that is not to say I didn't see people who are going way above and beyond what thier current maturity was supposed to be (as determined by adults). There are plenty of adults that aren't as mature as some kids are. Just kicking all kids off or making us pay a price to post would take care of some of the trolls and immaturity, but I wouldn't want to be kicked off just because of something someone in my age group did. Let me try and make a comparasion here: would you want to be fired from your job just because one person in your office got himself fired. I wouldn't think so. Is this the solution you guys want, making a certain age group unwelcome in a sport because of a few of that group. I personally don't like the idea of seperate fourms for age groups because what happens when us kids makes a game at the same field the adults do? Do we get kicked off that field because you think we aren't as mature as you. I don't go to vanguard because I don't trust thier bb's in my gun. I don't want it to break, because I saved up money and bought it. Sure I didn't go to a job to make money, but my parents pay me for my grades, and that is basicly my paycheck. I have to save for a while to get what I want. Just as do all the adults. I am going to stop by saying banning an age group is not a valid option. Find a point system or something similar. If someone gets more than 10 or so negative votes, they get banned for a short time. 10 more votes they get banned for longer. 10 more votes after second ban is a ban for life. It would take care of trolls without just banning someone because you think they are guilty. Thanks for reading my opinion.
Don't try to argue with an idiot. They'll just drag you down to thier level and beat you with experience.

Offline Mooncruiser

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 25, 2012, 04:56:05 PM »
What makes you think you're "entitled" to play with adults?
~~ All men should know before they die, what they are running to, and from, and why ~~

AIRSOFT ADDICTS
Saguaro Airsoft Team

Offline Fresnel

• Sergeant Major
  • Accuracy by Volume
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 25, 2012, 04:58:58 PM »
Find a point system or something similar. If someone gets more than 10 or so negative votes, they get banned for a short time. 10 more votes they get banned for longer. 10 more votes after second ban is a ban for life. It would take care of trolls without just banning someone because you think they are guilty. Thanks for reading my opinion.
I've always found myself thinking we should have some sort of an upvote/downvote system on comments. Even if it doesn't automatically lead to anything, just the fact that one user racked up -50 or +1200 votes tells you how seriously you should take him.

Offline Rogue Fox

• First Lieutenant
  • 6CA
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 25, 2012, 04:59:57 PM »
got schooled, I withdraw my comment.

Damn highschool govt teacher...
« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 05:19:35 PM by Rogue Fox »

Offline Wolfz

• Staff Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 25, 2012, 05:02:34 PM »

I don't think I'm entitled to play with you or other adults, but I think I should at least be givin an oppurtunity to earn adults respect.
Don't try to argue with an idiot. They'll just drag you down to thier level and beat you with experience.

Offline Fresnel

• Sergeant Major
  • Accuracy by Volume
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 25, 2012, 05:04:07 PM »

He technically doesnt even have the right to free speech

;D

If it applies to illegal aliens and foreigners on vacation, it applies to American citizens. And you're an American citizen at birth. I really don't even know how this misconception got started...

Also, I'm seeing the dark clouds of an age warfare shitstorm on the horizon, and I am NOT liking what's about to happen to this little ship of ours if we try to sail right through the middle of it.

Offline Mooncruiser

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 25, 2012, 05:13:10 PM »
Simple truth, Meagan. You kids are a liability. Your parents can sue us adults if you get hurt.
I like you, and I hope to see you out with us in your adult years. In the meantime, go play with your own age group. I worked hard for what I own, and I don't intend to see it taken fighting some asshole parent's lawsuit.
I'm all for promoting 18+ games. Time to get real about it.
~~ All men should know before they die, what they are running to, and from, and why ~~

AIRSOFT ADDICTS
Saguaro Airsoft Team

Offline Rogue Fox

• First Lieutenant
  • 6CA
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 25, 2012, 05:24:50 PM »
Age warfare? The kids arent even allowed to buy firearms, how hard can it be.

To be honest though, people under 18 arent even allowed to purchase an airsoft gun. That being said they shouldnt have had reason to sign up for this forum to begin with. The first time I saw this forum I was 15, saw that the games were 18+ and didnt look at this site again till 3 years later, so as you can imagine I have little sympathy for kids that want to airsoft with adults.

Offline bailey5671

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRedviper12?feature=mhum
« Reply #54 on: May 25, 2012, 05:26:46 PM »

.........no words, just facepalms all around.
The Only Thing You Should Feel When Shooting Someone is Recoil...

Offline Rogue Fox

• First Lieutenant
  • 6CA
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 25, 2012, 05:36:01 PM »

.........no words, just facepalms all around.

Because? Your 16 I know you can understand sarcasm

Offline Toast

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 25, 2012, 05:44:09 PM »
I try to make a positive influence on the younger guys when it comes to airsoft. However, I'm with Chip on playing with them.
It is not worth a PERSONAL liability loss because I want to be a nice guy and let minors join in.
My outlook is 18+ to buy, 18+ to play. Maybe get that same guardian who bought your AEG to bring you to an adult game?
Fair enough with me.
That's not the issue guys, it's the BS that's popping up on here. It's not all young kids mind you, but that happens to be where it's coming from.
So they get targeted first. This site is run by adults and personally I wouldn't blame them if them outright banned anyone under 18 completely.
Again using the argument of 18+ to buy, 18+ to play. I really like AA but I am just tired of seeing it full of BS lately.

"Oderint Dum Metuant"

Offline Mooncruiser

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 25, 2012, 05:53:52 PM »
There's a sticky in General Airsoft Discussion titled Legality Of Minors Playing Airsoft.
It was started in 2007 by a guy who worked for a law firm. Its just as true today.

AIRSOFT ADDICTS
Saguaro Airsoft Team

Offline Wolfz

• Staff Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 25, 2012, 05:54:18 PM »
Liabity or not, there should still be kid friendly games. Obviously there will always be 18+ games, and I am completely ok with them. I really just would still like to play airsoft with older players, be it not at hatfield or other places without a waiver.

Offline Mooncruiser

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 25, 2012, 05:59:04 PM »
Maybe its time to have 17 and under?

AIRSOFT ADDICTS
Saguaro Airsoft Team