General Airsoft Arizona > Site Suggestions

Site Status

(1/5) > >>

XavierMace:
Work has begun on overhauling the Airsoft Arizona website.  Check out http://www.airsoftarizona.com to keep an eye on the changes.    The entire forum and member base has been migrated over so you will be able to log in, make posts, etc.  However be aware that posts made there will not show up here and vice versa.  There will be a couple of "growing pains" to be aware of.

- No sub folders in PM's.  Any PM's you had stored in separate folders have been moved back to your inbox
- "Last edited by" information on existing posts is incorrect

The first time you sign in on the new forums, you will have to enter your password twice for confirmation.  If your password does not meet minimum complexity requirements, you will be required to choose a new one.

Crono0001:
I posted this on the other forums... but,

I liked these forums because they were nice and simple.  The new one looks nice, but it seems slightly cluttered.  Maybe it's just me.
Good work, though.

XavierMace:
The looks/layout are still being worked on, the initial focus was getting the primary functionality going.

XavierMace:
Killer, are you saying the new site loads faster or the existing one?  The new site actually uses less bandwidth and reduces the size of the database which means quicker load times.  I'm hoping to have a mobile friendly version of the new site for slow connections and/or mobile devices.  Also, be aware the overhaul is not just updating the forums.  There's other new stuff in the works.  There will probably be a slight learning curve but as some one who's been using both systems for years, I've always preferred the new system we are moving too.  

Once we are ready to flip the switch and move to the new forum/site, both sites will be taken down (should be less than an hour) to move all the data over again and redirect the old forums to the new ones.  That said, there's also not really any reason not to update your bookmarks now as the first "topic" on the new site takes you right back to here.

Now is the time though to give whatever feed back you have.  Play around with the new site as much as you want, make posts, etc.  Just understand for the time being this is still the active site and anything you post on the new site will be wiped once we switch.  I especially need to know ANY errors/oddities you experience on the new site.  Even little things, an image not loading, a thread not displaying properly, etc.

Edit:  Killer, I just updated your layout on your account.  Does that one seem and faster/slower?

bailey5671:
i really dont like the look of the new forums, to me it looks too flashy, and xaviermace please add the view active topics button because i use that button alot lol

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version