Author Topic: New to AZ Airsoft scene, old to airsoft  (Read 1029 times)

Offline GiantPenguin

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Private
    • View Profile
New to AZ Airsoft scene, old to airsoft
« on: January 07, 2006, 04:45:38 PM »
Well, kind of old - if you take 5 years of airsoft between here and SD old.  Anyway, just looking to meet up with the locals and see if I can't get into some good games around here.  

On with the introduction!

I'm Jim, I like long walks on th...... nevermind.  I have a total of 5 guns in my airsoft collection now and roughly 4 full sets of combat gear.  My two AEGs are becoming slightly aged and it's been more than a task to keep up with the reliability issues with a first generation CA M16A4, and I do mean first generation - YEARS!  Not to mention my old AE MP5A4 is coming down with a case of the old and creeky.  I'm almost debating throwing new GB's in both of them, completely custom ones at that.  Thank god I still have my M700 and the two pistols but those just keep me out of my realm a little too much- assault.

My armory:

CA M16A4
AE MP5A4
KJW M700
WE Hi-Capa
Western Arms Series 70 Gov. Model (1911)

By the way, does anyone happen to have any suggestions about reviving old AEGs or perhaps just grabbing new ones?  It would be very much appreciated.  Thanks.

-Jim

Edit:  Might be looking for a team, if any teams are interested in new, but experienced members, throw me a call: 6023730287
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by GiantPenguin »
CRY HAVOC...........AND LET SLIP THE PENGUINS OF WAR!

Offline Vince

• Global Moderator
  • General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2006, 04:56:44 PM »
That's cool. Go to the game tomorrow.

We don't really have teams, and for reason. Just do your own thing. :)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Vince »

"I was having dinner with Andrew Ho, and he said I should have COL McKnight lead airsofters in mock combat. I said, "That is the gayest idea I have ever heard." - John Lu

Offline GiantPenguin

• Private
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2006, 04:59:46 PM »
two questions:  Where's it at and is it free? lol kinda broke until Thursday.  I might have to fix both my guns tonight, I'm not sure if I can get them both operational for a game without buying new parts.  Pretty sad when a backup needs a backup.

Offline SilentDragon

• Colonel
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2006, 02:32:06 AM »
What's up man... i'm pretty new, too... well, to "AZ Airsoft."  I started out in Okinawa Japan (I lived on Kadena Airbase).  It's been about 5 years for me, too since i've been in the game... though there was a time of no-play.  Nice set of arms.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by SilentDragon »

Saguaro Team Leader
LCVI, LCVII, LCX, LCXI, Balkan Hammer I/II, Red Dagger II, Cold Burn II. AA Vet

Offline Vince

• Global Moderator
  • General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2006, 05:36:27 AM »
Yeah they are. Airsoft is always free here. Well, there is like, one pay-to-play a game a year, but those are obvious.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Vince »

"I was having dinner with Andrew Ho, and he said I should have COL McKnight lead airsofters in mock combat. I said, "That is the gayest idea I have ever heard." - John Lu

Offline GiantPenguin

• Private
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2006, 04:23:33 PM »
I ended up tearing both the problematic guns apart and making a franken-gun based in the MP5 frame, I would've done it to the M16 but the older AR frames from CA have the most horrible feed problems in the world so the MP5 was the lucky winner of the hybrid Ver.3 gearbox.  However my M16 will not die, rather it will be more or less re-born with these bad-boys applied;

http://www.wgcshop.com/pcart/shopper.ph ... dc258531c3

And a new receiver for it with the newer style hopup because the old CA hopup was REALLY buggy the way BBs went into the barrel, feed problems out the ass.  

Anyway, I can't wait to get into the game out here with you guys, especially when I get that Systema setup.