Author Topic:  (Read 1215 times)

Offline CADD

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sergeant
    • View Profile
    • http://www.xtremesystems.org
(No subject)
« on: May 06, 2003, 09:16:38 PM »
I have and my friend has the same TM AUG ... srt model..  sounds like a fualty wiring...  take gear box apart and look at teh trigger assembly inside the gearbox - dont do this if you have never done it before - you wont know what to look for... also check the inside of the molexes - sometimes those are bad..   anything electrical slowly go over to see how solid it is.  if you live in the Tempe area  I can even look at it for you.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by CADD »

Offline kopper

• Private First Class
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2003, 10:42:03 PM »
I live in Scottsdale and I would really apreciate it if you would take a look at it. I don't think that I would know what to look for, but I'll check it out. Let me know what you think and/or when would be a good time for you to check it out.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by kopper »

Offline Harley

• Major General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2003, 07:01:24 AM »
Replace the fuse anyway.  I once had an old Chevy that the headlights kept going out on me.  I double checked all the fuses and everything seemed OK.  I finally replaced the headlight fuse and the problem went away.  Same thing may be happening to you.  Fuses don't always break in the center.  Another good example of why I don't use a fuse in my guns.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Harley »
\"Just because you\'re paranoid, doesn\'t mean they\'re not out to get you!\"

\"Have Gun - Will Travel\"

Offline CADD

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
    • http://www.xtremesystems.org
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2003, 08:10:54 AM »
Good point I had 4 fuses break at the ends from fualty construction from when they were made....  they were rockford fosgate fuses at that too.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by CADD »

Offline kopper

• Private First Class
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2003, 10:43:44 AM »
I forgot to mention that when Paco took out the gear box and motor, we bypassed the fuse and it still, didnt work. I have no problem bypassing the fuse for good, but I don't think that it is the issue. Any other ideas?

Offline Paco

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2003, 10:55:18 AM »
I'd tell you just to try a new motor out in it...  a new motor is only $30 for one of the nice Systema ones...
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Paco »

Offline Harley

• Major General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2003, 11:27:33 AM »
That would be my next assumption as well.  Do you have another gun you can borrow a motor from?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Harley »
\"Just because you\'re paranoid, doesn\'t mean they\'re not out to get you!\"

\"Have Gun - Will Travel\"

Offline kopper

• Private First Class
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2003, 11:34:05 AM »
I don't have another gun to steal a motor from. I called Game On and they don't have any motors in. I figured that I would get one online, but once I saw that it was still kinda working, I didn't think that it was the motor. Where should I get one online? Airsoft Extreme?

Offline kopper

• Private First Class
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2003, 02:25:06 PM »
Hey guys, I am sure that my problem is my motor. I took the gun apart and used a multimeter on it. Thnx for all of your help and I guess now is good as any time to upgrade it! So, see you guys at the next game.

Offline kopper

• Private First Class
    • View Profile
TM Steyr AUG problem! Need advice...
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2003, 08:33:46 PM »
I recently bought a TM Steyr AUG from Den Trinity and played with it at the May 2-3 game in Prescott. I have maybe had the AUG for two weeks and during a game it stopped working. I was side-stepping (quickly) and shooting full auto and suddenly the gun stopped firing. When I pulled the trigger, nothing happened at all... no noise or anything. Here's what I did to try to correct the problem:

I first thought that it was a dead battery so I swapped it out for a fresh one. didnt change a thing.
I then thought that a BB was caught it the chamber so I checked and everything was clear.
I checked the fuse and it was just fine.
Paco took the gearbox and motor out of my gun and we decided to plug in the battery and completing the circuit while the motor was separated from the gear box. when pulling the trigger, nothing happened at all. No sound or sparks or anything.
Paco thought that it had to be the motor since all the connections looked fine, but when I took the gun home and tried it for fun, it worked. Now sometimes my gun will work and sometimes it won't do anything at all. I tried using both of my batteries, shaking the battery conection while firing, jumping around, shaking the gun, but there doesn't seem to be any pattern.

My only guess can be that plasic connector on the gun for the battery to connect to might be causing the battery to come loose every once and a while, but I can't really tell. Basically it must be the batteries, the battery connections, the connections to the motor, the motor itself, or the trigger mechanism.

I wrote Den Trinity with my issue two days ago, but they have not returned my e-mail (I doubt that the can really help anyway).

If anyone has any suggestions, I will try anything. I'm not electrically illiterate, so I'm not afraid of breaking the gun.

Thnx for your help guys!
-Brian M