Author Topic: Why is Paypal evil?  (Read 2587 times)

Offline HavHav

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
Why is Paypal evil?
« on: March 07, 2007, 12:01:40 AM »
So I'm getting a little pissed off trying to open up my old paypal account, and by 'old' I mean I havn't used it since September of 06. Not the longest amount of time..

So around 11am I request to have my password emailed to me. Flash forward 3 hours, nothing in SPAM or INBOX, so I request it again, nothing, so It is now 12 hours after the initial request, and I decide to open up a new pay pal account.

The entire premisis of logging in was to take off my debit card from the account and put on my credit card, just enabling me to spend more money on their shitty sister-site, eBay.

So their customer service standards absolutely suck, I can't buy a stupid fucking item off ebay because the money-greedy buyer only accepts Paypal as if his life depended on it, I can't call Paypal because it isnt "Between the hours of 11am and 4pm" which are the only hours those heroic customer service reps slave away for.

Its rediculous. All I want to do is buy this stupid headset, but the evil conglomerate of eBay and Paypal is preventing me from, of course, no other online auction service exists as they are either sued or bought as soon as they go public.

Grr....Alright, I'm done ranting.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by HavHav »

Offline Dust2Dust

• Colonel
    • View Profile
    • The SPHL
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2007, 12:05:26 AM »
I've been using paypal for...shit... 5+ years now.  I love it.  I guess some get screwed over, but they've always been great to me.  Have you called their customer service?  That always helps.  You speak to an American.  I didn't get abbi-bob in Pakikazisjackmeoffisstan.   I got Barbara :D
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Dust2Dust »

Offline Vince

• Global Moderator
  • General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2007, 12:22:55 AM »
Remind me whose fault this predicament is?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Vince »

"I was having dinner with Andrew Ho, and he said I should have COL McKnight lead airsofters in mock combat. I said, "That is the gayest idea I have ever heard." - John Lu

Offline HavHav

• Colonel
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2007, 12:33:55 AM »
Mine.  :D
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by HavHav »

Offline Ganef

• Global Moderator
  • Major General
    • View Profile
    • http://www.coyotetactical.blogspot.com/
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2007, 12:39:19 AM »
been verified 92+times now, havent had a problem yet.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Ganef »
"Well, ain\'t we a pair, Raggedy Man..."

Offline dxh

• Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2007, 08:10:50 AM »
I haven't had a problem with Paypal yet either, but I have heard horror stories.  I've been wanting to switch to E-Gold, but its lack of merchant acceptability makes it almost useless.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by dxh »
: [dxh] | saguaro.tango.6

Ez Dakit Euskaraz

Offline XavierMace

• Site Admin
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Major General
    • View Profile
    • http://www.xaviermace.com
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2007, 09:12:08 AM »
Between me and my dad have had paypal accounts for like 6 years now I think.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by XavierMace »

Offline Lasivian

• Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2007, 11:43:37 AM »
I think Paypal was better before Ebay bought them out myself.

Now if you're a seller/vendor the burden of proof that the buyer has to meet before demanding a refund is much smaller.

Rarely have I heard of anything bad happening to buyers, except my GF played hell reactivated her old account.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Lasivian »

Offline Whiskey11

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2007, 01:50:07 PM »
Quote from: "Vince"
Remind me whose fault this predicament is?

Exactly what I was thinking.  I've been using Paypal for almsot 3 years without a hitch.  Last semester I had my account password stolen and some money used to purchase items that i did not request.  Paypal quickly and effeciently resolved the issue and refunded my money.  Paypal's headquarters is literally 15 minutes from my house in Nebraska, if I have issues and they wont refund it via online communication I'm lucky enough to be able to talk to a customer service rep in person.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Whiskey11 »

Offline Kurn

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2007, 03:56:47 PM »
I've used Paypal for several years now, and haven't had any issues.  I don't really trust it though, and am very careful not to leave any money sitting in my account.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Kurn »
Not dead yet.

Offline gixser13

• Major General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2007, 05:12:05 PM »
I got screwed by paypal twice, First time I had a buyer say item was broken or not as described, Well paypal yanked funds without asking, I recovered my funds but took 60 days.
 2nd time and last time I will ever use them. I sold an item. Item was paid  for with paypal, 45 days later paypal contacts me, telling  me that the CC used to fund the   sale  was stolen, So paypal reversed 389 dollars from my account and told me I had to go after the buyer in fucking Taiwan

what good is paypal?

WTF.... Paypal protect the buyers NOT the sellers that is my experience with them

read up and enjoy
http://www.paypalsucks.com/faqs.shtml
« Last Edit: March 07, 2007, 06:52:41 PM by gixser13 »

Offline Whiskey11

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2007, 06:18:46 PM »
Quote from: "gixser13"
read up and enjoy

No offense Gixser but i've read everything they've said and tried to find what was never listed in the terms and it was there in mine.  While I agree that Paypal isnt the safest method, neither is directly imputing your CC or Debit card into a website.  paypalsucks.com is like the loose change video, you'd have to be pretty dumb to believe what they say is fact unless you've personally researched it.  I have, and have found the opposite of what they have stated on their website.  I will continue to use paypal because its easier for me to transfer money, if you dont want to, so be it.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Whiskey11 »

Offline gixser13

• Major General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2007, 06:44:47 PM »
Quote from: "Whiskey11"
read up and enjoy
No offense Gixser but i've read everything they've said and tried to find what was never listed in the terms and it was there in mine.  While I agree that Paypal isnt the safest method, neither is directly imputing your CC or Debit card into a website.  paypalsucks.com is like the loose change video, you'd have to be pretty dumb to believe what they say is fact unless you've personally researched it.  I have, and have found the opposite of what they have stated on their website.  I will continue to use paypal because its easier for me to transfer money, if you dont want to, so be it.

Paypal = Anti gun

Any more questions,
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by gixser13 »

Offline Cheeze_IZ_G00d

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2007, 06:49:18 PM »
I got screwed by paypal twice, First time I had a buyer say item was broken or not as described, Well paypal yanked funds without asking, I recovered my funds but took 60 days.
 2nd time and last time I will ever use them. I sold an item. Item was paid  for with paypal, 45 days later paypal contact me tell me that the CC used to fund the   sale  was stolen, So paypal reversed 389 dollars from my account and told me I had to go after the buyer in fucking Taiwan

what good is paypal?

WTF.... Paypal protect the buyers NOT the sellers that is my experience with them

read up and enjoy

I got shafted by PayPal in much the same way. I sold a gun on eBay, guy emails me tells me it broke, I told him that there were no refunds. About, oh, three months later, PayPal gave him a chargeback after he said he sent the gun back, which he didn't. I got screwed out of 250 bucks, never recovered any money. Straight bullshit if you ask me.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Cheeze_IZ_G00d »
Visit my website -
http://www.iwantafreedollarnow.com!!!

Get great ringtones here!

Offline gixser13

• Major General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2007, 06:51:16 PM »
yeap, Whiskey11 will find out sooner or later

FIREARM PARTS AND ACCESSORIES
You may not use PayPal to purchase or sell any firearm receivers or frames, components and parts of receivers and frames, or "cut" or "80%" receivers. PayPal also does not permit assault weapon-related parts and accessories, firearm silencers, and kits designed to convert a firearm to have automatic firing capability. This includes the sale of any parts or accessories prohibited for sale by the National Firearms Act or other federal or state law, including items related to short-barreled shotguns or short-barreled rifles, fully automatic weapons, large-capacity magazines, multi-burst trigger activators and camouflaging firearm containers.

For more information about the National Firearms Act (NFA) and its requirements, please refer to the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms website.

AMMUNITION
You may not use PayPal to buy or sell high-capacity magazines (those which hold more than 10 rounds), ammunition with propellant (e.g., gunpowder), or blank ammunition unless the seller has been expressly approved by PayPal as detailed below. The term "ammunition" means ammunition or cartridge cases, primers, bullets, or propellant powder designed for use in any firearm.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by gixser13 »