Author Topic: A+K SVD's are different!  (Read 5277 times)

Offline Mooncruiser

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Major General
    • View Profile
A+K SVD's are different!
« on: November 30, 2011, 10:06:22 PM »
FYI, just found out the China-made A+K SVD uses a different magazine than the simular looking King Arms or Korean made AtoK.
~~ All men should know before they die, what they are running to, and from, and why ~~

AIRSOFT ADDICTS
Saguaro Airsoft Team

Offline SLINKEY

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
Re: A+K SVD's are different!
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2011, 02:55:29 AM »
Yep, I belive the Classic army Svd mags can be mod'ed But there only 40 rounds so wtf's the point.

I was once wondering if the Jg svd aeg hicaps would fit in one..

Offline Mooncruiser

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2011, 09:50:30 PM »
Well, the 60rounders are selling for around 17 bucks online (evike, Airsoft GI) and there's a hicap out too.
Seeing a lot of the A+K SVD's for sale lately. They were included in the "Box Of Awesomness" the online stores peddle. I've owned the KA, AtoK SVD's, and so far I'm liking this A+K. Good fit of parts, shoots straight.
~~ All men should know before they die, what they are running to, and from, and why ~~

AIRSOFT ADDICTS
Saguaro Airsoft Team

Offline SLINKEY

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2011, 11:13:54 PM »
if you check out tho's c02 bolts you should post a review or somthing, i think that could be a pretty good option.

Offline XavierMace

• Site Admin
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Major General
    • View Profile
    • http://www.xaviermace.com
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2011, 12:00:25 AM »
Gas in bolt has NEVER, EVER been a good option.  For anything.  EVER.

Offline Mooncruiser

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2011, 08:39:46 AM »
Care to expound on that? Myself, I think a Co2 conversion defeats the practicality of the gun. -no leaks, no running out of juice with a good ol' .bb gun.
As for a hicap, really, why? This thing isn't some hold-off-the Hoarde gun. It's just for sneaky go-for-the-odd scream harassment shot.

AIRSOFT ADDICTS
Saguaro Airsoft Team

Offline XavierMace

• Site Admin
  • Administrator
  • Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2011, 09:32:36 AM »
Tiny gas reservoir = Inconsistent FPS due to cool down. 

Since it's in the bolt rather than a mag, once the bolt gets too cold you are SOL until it heats up.  And the reservoir is smaller than any gas in mag gun which means it will happen sooner rather than later.  Any leaks that develop (and they will sooner or later) are now in the gun rather than the mag which means you are down for the count until you can fix it rather than just swap mags.  If it swells from the AZ heat, you've now broken a bolt and possibly a receiver rather than just a mag.  Oh, and filling it isn't exactly convenient either.

Offline SLINKEY

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2011, 02:36:39 PM »
The one im talking about uses a C02 capsul, Like a thunder b, Is that the same way with freezing and such?
i'v never messed with one, But i did see a video of a guy rapping one off a full mag and it was very consistant the whole magazine

I never really had too much problems with freezing on gas bolts and the likes, In washington and Its alot more humid and all that, but i would figure the oppisite.
guess  im new to Gas in the lower states.

The hi cap i was just tellin ya what i'v seen done haha. personally i prefer real cap mags, but there a waiste of time here because you can put all 30 into a person and they wont call it, So the practicality has turned me to mid caps and the accasional drum mags... LOL

Offline XavierMace

• Site Admin
  • Administrator
  • Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2011, 05:34:14 PM »
The one im talking about uses a C02 capsul, Like a thunder b, Is that the same way with freezing and such?
i'v never messed with one, But i did see a video of a guy rapping one off a full mag and it was very consistant the whole magazine

I never really had too much problems with freezing on gas bolts and the likes, In washington and Its alot more humid and all that, but i would figure the oppisite.
guess  im new to Gas in the lower states.

The hi cap i was just tellin ya what i'v seen done haha. personally i prefer real cap mags, but there a waiste of time here because you can put all 30 into a person and they wont call it, So the practicality has turned me to mid caps and the accasional drum mags... LOL

Yep, it's still the same way not to mention Co2 powered airsoft guns are typically inconsistent to begin with.  Co2 powerlets are terribly unreliable for airsoft purposes.

Offline Mooncruiser

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2011, 07:45:08 PM »
I do like Co2 cartridges in my 1911. I haven't had freezing problems, but I shoot slower anyway.
Thanks Mace for the info.

AIRSOFT ADDICTS
Saguaro Airsoft Team

Offline XavierMace

• Site Admin
  • Administrator
  • Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2011, 08:38:09 PM »
I do like Co2 cartridges in my 1911. I haven't had freezing problems, but I shoot slower anyway.
Thanks Mace for the info.

Cool down doesn't mean the mag is freezing (although it's working to that point).  In handgun really the only thing you are paying attention to is "does the slide still cycle" and/or "are bb's still leaving the barrel".  You typically aren't paying attention to the FPS/Range.  In a sniper rifle however, it's a different story.  You aren't trying to hit some one 50-75 feet away, you are trying to hit someone 200 or even 300 feet away.  Losing 50-100fps is now effecting your ability to hit your target. 

Offline sX Subzero

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Staff Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2011, 11:48:37 PM »
Good info I'm considering doing the C02 swap, but wasn't quite sure it was worth it. Great to hear some advice on the forums!

Offline Exarach

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2011, 02:34:48 PM »
We is releasing a gas in mag SVD in the near future. IDK about WE, as there reliability isn't the best, but it will be the better GBB SVD option around, especially when RA tech takes over.

WE SVD GBB SNIPER RIFLE 2012 !
\"Friendly fire isn\'t\"
If a speeding pellet in a quiet woods hits a noob in the face, and he cries, does anyone care?

Offline MLA PRO

• Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2011, 02:54:26 PM »
Especialy considering the WE SVD uses Real Sword externals.

Offline sX Subzero

• Staff Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2011, 03:02:03 PM »
ill most likely go that option when ever it comes out..