Author Topic: Prescription lenses in Protective glasses  (Read 2837 times)

Offline VaporTrails

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Private First Class
    • View Profile
Prescription lenses in Protective glasses
« on: May 17, 2015, 10:42:29 AM »
If i were to put prescription lenses into the Revision Military Sawfly glasses, would they still be safe for airsoft? And are these glasses good for airsoft considering there would be space in between the lenses and my face
« Last Edit: May 17, 2015, 11:01:36 AM by VaporTrails »

Offline ComradeLeninade

• FNG
    • View Profile
Re: Prescription lenses in Protective glasses
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2015, 02:25:01 PM »
They should be. Ideally the BB would be hitting the Sawfly lens that the prescription lenses are behind which is rated Z87.1.

However, they won't be considered full seal so fields and events that require full seal eye protection won't let you use them.

Offline VaporTrails

• Private First Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2015, 02:37:50 PM »
If i had the normal lenses replaced with prescription ones, is it possible the bb will break the lense?

Offline ComradeLeninade

• FNG
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2015, 03:03:25 PM »
That I'm not sure. If the prescription lenses are rated Z87.1 then yeah they would be fine but I'm not sure if those are a thing. Everyone I know that has prescription lenses uses the inserts that go behind the regular lens.

Offline XavierMace

• Site Admin
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Major General
    • View Profile
    • http://www.xaviermace.com
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2015, 10:51:53 PM »
That depends on the lenses.  We have no way of answering that.  But more of the prescription lenses aren't sufficiently rated. 

You also typically want Z87.1+ not regular Z87.1.

Offline VaporTrails

• Private First Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2015, 06:00:38 PM »
Another thing i could try are contacts. What is your opinion on shemaghs? They are more comfortable than mesh masks but do they protect my teeth so that they wont chip? Do they cause fogging problems?
« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 06:57:42 PM by VaporTrails »

Offline Drummer

• Corporal
    • View Profile
    • Jimmer Milsim
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2015, 09:20:53 PM »
Hi,

I wear prescription glasses and have finally found my solution. I tried contacts and also tried wearing my glasses under goggles. Just didnt work. I bought some Pyramex V3G-Rx Eyepro (my video review here -> http://www.jimmermilsim.com/2014/09/01/pyramex-v3g-rx-eyepro/ I bought the prescription inserts and took them to Sam's Club/ Walmart. It cost me $115.00 to get my presciption lens put into the inserts. I feel it was money well spent. Now all I need is $3000 to get lasik.  :o
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

Special Operations Group - Yuma (Phoenix Unit)

Offline ComradeLeninade

• FNG
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2015, 03:39:45 PM »
Every time I tried to use a shemagh to cover my mouth it actually made the fogging worse because it deflected my breath to the goggles. Personally, I trust mesh face masks more than pieces of cloth to protect my mouth even if it means dealing with a bit more discomfort.

Offline Drummer

• Corporal
    • View Profile
    • Jimmer Milsim
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2015, 08:04:10 PM »
I use a bump helmet, lower mesh mask combo. I modified the mesh mask to clip into the helmet. Really reduces or eliminates fogging.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

Special Operations Group - Yuma (Phoenix Unit)

Offline ZombiePancake

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2015, 12:58:13 PM »
I use the revision sawfly with the prescription insert. That's your best bet. Then if you needed full seal eye pro the prescription carrier will fit into revision desert locust goggles.