Author Topic: Review: Marui XL BB loader, King Arms Hicap BB Loader  (Read 2517 times)

Offline Firehead

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Major General
    • View Profile
Review: Marui XL BB loader, King Arms Hicap BB Loader
« on: May 16, 2006, 03:04:47 PM »
First off, I would like to thank Den Trinity for their speedy shipment of these items to me. Lets get down to business.

Marui XL BB Loader:
   View nice piece, in my opinion. The loading of the bbs into the magazine is smooth, right down until the magazine is full. The button you press down to force BBs in the magazine is nice and stout, and I don't think it will break very easily. When you push the loading button down, you can lock it into place with a switch(like a bb release mechanism on magazines), instead of a button. Loading of the bbs into the loader is kind of a pain in the ass. The loading "port" is kinda small, unfortunately. The port is right next to the button, and it slides open like a little hatch. Flip it over and you will see the loading nozzle. Pretty basic. Next to it a pistol adapter is on a hinge. It flips over and covers the nozzle for loading of a pistol.  When not in use, it tucks into the magazine. I think its kinda cool, instead of having an adapter that you can lose. It also included another adapter, but I'm not quite sure what it was intended for, I'm sure I'll figure it out in the future. The loader itself does hold roughly the suggested amount of 450 BBs.

Pros:
Holds 450 BBs
Smooth loading
Pistol adapter tucks into magazine
The size of a marui M16 magazine

Cons:
Small BB loading port

King Arms Hi Capacity Loader:
  This is an interesting piece. It has a very ergonomic shape. Loading BBs into it is a snap, much larger than the Marui XL, or even the SRC/Marui  standard loaders. The button sticks up nice and high, which could lead to an accidental breakage, but it looks pretty sturdy, so I'm not worrying about it. Loading BBs into the magazine is a rather smooth operation, didn't have to shake it like you do sometimes with the normal BB loaders. This piece is much larger than the normal loaders, and holds 200 bbs, roughly. It is actually bigger and longer than my real Glock 17 magazines It does have an adpater, but unfortunately, there is no way to secure it to the loader, so you might lose it. It also came in cheaper than Marui and SRC loaders, which is a plus, considering it holds more ammo.

Pros:
Cheaper than most loaders
Holds around 200 bbs
Ergonomic design

Cons
Big and long
No way to secure adapter to loader

If you have any questions reguarding any of these items feel free to PM me, or post them here.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Firehead »

Offline Ganef

• Global Moderator
  • Major General
    • View Profile
    • http://www.coyotetactical.blogspot.com/
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2006, 03:58:35 PM »
Do you think that the button on the bottom of the marui loader could be easily used while wearing gloves?

Does the KA loader fit into a pistol mag pouch since it is larger and bulkier than your g17 mags? I assume no...
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Ganef »
"Well, ain\'t we a pair, Raggedy Man..."

Offline Firehead

• Major General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2006, 04:22:20 PM »
Ganef,
   After reading your question I tried using the Marui loader with my gloves, and the gloves did not hinder normal operations of the loader(opening, closing, releasing the button, and putting it back down, ect).

I can't seem to find any of my pistol mag pouches, but in my opinion, I don't think it will fit very well. Only pouch I have that might be capable is the HSGI Modular Pistol Mag Pouch.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Firehead »

Offline tacticalairsoftmagazine

• Private
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2007, 01:43:04 PM »
I use the XL BB Loader, and I have had trouble with mine.  It was one of the first shipments, and after a few weeks it started having trouble feeding.  It still works, but not half as good as when I first got it.  It could just be that I've used it a lot though 8) .
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by tacticalairsoftmagazine »
www.tacticalairsoftmagazine.com
Airsoft Gear, Weapons, Tactics and Training Publication

Offline Creeping Death

• Private First Class
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2007, 05:35:44 PM »
the KA loader is actually a clone of the other loader that Marui sells.

I had a slight problem with one of the "walls" inside of it collapsing, but I disassembled it and and glued the wall back together and now it works fine.

because of this problem I'd probably recommend spending the extra $5 and just getting the Marui loader. but only if its clear black like KA one because thats kind of handy when you're loading BB's. I filled mine up with 120rds for my mid-cap mags and marked the side of it with a marker so I fill the exact same amount every time.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Creeping Death »

Offline -MAD- SARGE

• Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2007, 06:29:20 PM »
Ill add a con for the Marui XL BB Loader:

Con:
Very weak spring return guide.  Spring guide breaks off easily from the main BB plunger. Without the spring connection to the plunger the plunger will not sping back on the return, instead once pressed down to load 6 or so bbs the plunger stays in the down position.  

This point is so weak, I believe it was a structural weakness that was designed to give the unit a lifespan. My experience is that the lifespan is short 3-6months of use regular.  The pistol mag type loaders are a far better working design and are very reliable.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by -MAD- SARGE »

Don't be an Escalefter.