Author Topic: G&P M203 vs CA M203  (Read 5341 times)

Offline sethb7290

• Trade Count: (0)
  • First Sergeant
  • OEF Vet, NFG, FBGM.
    • View Profile
G&P M203 vs CA M203
« on: December 15, 2009, 08:19:07 PM »
I tried looking for a comparison on google, and nothing came up so I would like some reviews from people who have had experience with either two models.

from what I have read the G&P M203 jungle series is the best launcher on the market? really?

i have narrowed down to these two for purchase (I want to install it on my CA "M16A4")

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.p ... cts_id=952
http://www.airsoftpost.com/product_info ... s_id=24885

everyone has told me to go with the CA since it is a CA others are telling me to go with the G&P for quality. so the question I have for you gentlemen, should I go with the CA and not worry about any modification or go for the better quality G&P?

thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline busta_cap

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
Re: G&P M203 vs CA M203
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2009, 09:37:53 PM »
What do you want to do with it? If you are looking to actually use it in a local game for non CQB purposes, it's kind of a dead weight for your gun. I had the g&p m203 short on my CA m4 RIS four years ago and It was just another couple pounds I was carrying around. Personally, I would say G&P, they just make better stuff. Could you spend  your money better on something else though?yes.

Offline sethb7290

• First Sergeant
  • OEF Vet, NFG, FBGM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2009, 11:57:12 AM »
It will be for CQC purposes and possibly field games depending on the AO.

Offline yammie r6s

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2009, 08:07:04 AM »
king arms makes a hell of a barrel mounted 203. i have a g&p 203 and its pretty damn solid, keep in mind all 203 launchers have a slightly long firing pin and will go off (possibly in your face) lol if set down hard barrel up.. nothing anyone can't get used to though. i get about 60 yds with a madbull paint shell and a nerf too.

if i were you i'd prob buy the CA just to match branding.. i use a CA 203 for quite a while.. but it was rail mounted, don't know how the barrel mounts measure up

Offline sethb7290

• First Sergeant
  • OEF Vet, NFG, FBGM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2009, 01:06:54 PM »
Quote from: "yammie r6s"
king arms makes a hell of a barrel mounted 203. i have a g&p 203 and its pretty damn solid, keep in mind all 203 launchers have a slightly long firing pin and will go off (possibly in your face) lol if set down hard barrel up.. nothing anyone can't get used to though. i get about 60 yds with a madbull paint shell and a nerf too.

if i were you i'd prob buy the CA just to match branding.. i use a CA 203 for quite a while.. but it was rail mounted, don't know how the barrel mounts measure up

Thank you, I was leaning towards the CA since I noticed the CA front mount can be applied without taking out the front sight.

Offline Bowser

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/bowser484
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2009, 11:09:26 AM »
If you go with the CA barrel mounted launcher, you'll have to buy a mounting kit as well. There are a few different sizes too, so you need to get the one that matches the thickness of your outer barrel.

Offline Bow-tie Assasin

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2009, 11:08:06 PM »
It really doesn't matter. It isn't like comparing 2 aeg's, Its a tube with a pin at the end, it's not a very complicated piece of equipment. The main difference is external quality (ie metal or plastic). The only other difference is some barrels are "straight rifled", I beleive the G&P is; as opposed to the Sun Project barrel which isn't (IDK about the CA model). Some of the straight rifled barrels have trouble launching slug rounds.
"First There"
Never Quit!

Offline busta_cap

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2009, 11:12:23 PM »
Quote from: "Bow-tie Assasin"
It really doesn't matter. It isn't like comparing 2 aeg's, Its a tube with a pin at the end, it's not a very complicated piece of equipment. The main difference is external quality (ie metal or plastic). The only other difference is some barrels are "straight rifled", I beleive the G&P is; as opposed to the Sun Project barrel which isn't (IDK about the CA model). Some of the straight rifled barrels have trouble launching slug rounds.

Wrong. The G&P's have superb build quality, but they have had an issues since they were released of getting 'loose' after a while where the shell no longer stays tight enough against the pin to be fired. It only took about four or five dozen shots for mine to start doing this. Why don't you check out the 2roy Launcher. It's only $100 from RedWolf Airsoft and it's made of aluminum instead of steel so it is a lot less of a burden to lug around.

Offline Bow-tie Assasin

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2009, 11:46:28 PM »
Quote from: "busta_cap"

Wrong. The G&P's have superb build quality

Like I said... the only big difference is the external quality (G&P is tops in that category). My sun project M203 worked just as well as my G&P, never had any problems with either. The 2roy launcher is nice but the frame is ABS.
"First There"
Never Quit!

Offline sethb7290

• First Sergeant
  • OEF Vet, NFG, FBGM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2009, 11:10:54 AM »
Quote from: "busta_cap"

Wrong. The G&P's have superb build quality, but they have had an issues since they were released of getting 'loose' after a while where the shell no longer stays tight enough against the pin to be fired. It only took about four or five dozen shots for mine to start doing this. Why don't you check out the 2roy Launcher. It's only $100 from RedWolf Airsoft and it's made of aluminum instead of steel so it is a lot less of a burden to lug around.

well it's discontinued on their site, but evike has a pre order sale going on, and airsoftgi says it canonly fit M4's which I think is BS.

Offline Exarach

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2009, 11:50:04 AM »
The Sun project launcher is fantastic, mine has never failed me. Go Sun Project. :)
\"Friendly fire isn\'t\"
If a speeding pellet in a quiet woods hits a noob in the face, and he cries, does anyone care?

Offline sethb7290

• First Sergeant
  • OEF Vet, NFG, FBGM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2009, 01:24:47 PM »
Quote from: "Exarach"
The Sun project launcher is fantastic, mine has never failed me. Go Sun Project. :)

the only thing I'm worried about the SP is the installation process, from the looks of it it may need some modification to fit my CA.

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/reviews/ ... erview.jpg

Offline Bowser

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/bowser484
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2009, 10:55:04 PM »
Quote from: "sethb7290"
Quote from: "Exarach"

the only thing I'm worried about the SP is the installation process, from the looks of it it may need some modification to fit my CA.

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/reviews/ ... erview.jpg

Making modifications is just part of owning a M203. If it doesn't fit, you find a way to make it fit.