Author Topic: Shellback Tactical  (Read 767 times)

Offline sethb7290

• Trade Count: (0)
  • First Sergeant
  • OEF Vet, NFG, FBGM.
    • View Profile
Shellback Tactical
« on: July 11, 2011, 08:25:14 PM »
has anyone on this board purchased any of their gear? I was planning on purchasing this http://shellbacktactical.com/bansheerif ... rrier.aspx

If anyone here has any actual merchandise from them, I'd like to hear about it's overall quality.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Ivan

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Major
    • View Profile
Re: Shellback Tactical
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2011, 10:16:51 AM »
I had one. Mine was an older version without the drag handle. That's a good quality plate carrier. Quality stitching and IMO Real steel worthy.   Cost effective too.

Also look at the condor brand CIRAS style plate carriers too. You can support the local economy and pick one up around the same price at places like Allied surplus in Phoenix.

Overall- I'd take this if I was being deployed to Afghanistan but I'd opt for something simpler, less constricting and lighter for gaming. It gets heavy even without plates after everything is loaded out.  And you gotta get the plastic ESAPI plates to make everything ride correctly IMO. Otherwise it looks soggy.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Guest »
Im an operator....

Offline deathbydanish

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Brigadier General
    • View Profile
Re: Shellback Tactical
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2011, 09:47:43 PM »
I just bought one from Ares Armor (they had it for sale at around a little less than $100), and used it at last weekend's game.

My initial impressions, good quality, no loose stitching, and the only gripe I have are the shoulders. They use webbing but its not that big of a deal considering I usually spend in excess of $200+ for my other vests, I can live with it.
Saguaro Airsoft Team

The quietest move is the most efficient one.