Author Topic: TAG Intrepid Chest rig  (Read 2388 times)

Offline sethb7290

• Trade Count: (0)
  • First Sergeant
  • OEF Vet, NFG, FBGM.
    • View Profile
TAG Intrepid Chest rig
« on: August 21, 2012, 01:35:56 AM »
Hey guys, I'm back again; I volunteered to slay myself in my units sniper indoc that's coming in the next month and at the brief they mentioned that a chest rig is authorized for wear rather than the Eagle SPC, or IMTV (POS in my opinion) for the "run". I've been looking into the "Intrepid" chest rig made by TAG, so im here to see if anyone owns one or has used it in the past. Here's a list of what I am asking.

-is the rig breathable while using the new "USMC" pack or a large ruck style pack
-is the material durable enough to withstand continuous use in an entire 0317 work up
-when lying in the prone, do the mag pouches (when occupied) dig into your stomach
-is the "H" harness as comfortable and "natural" as the "X" or is it awkward and irritating when wearing a full combat load

thanks in advance.

-Seth

Offline DMAN007

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Captain
    • View Profile
Re: TAG Intrepid Chest rig
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2012, 06:51:50 AM »
I've never had any experience with the intrepid but TAG gear has always treated me nice. Check out the mayflower r&c le chest rig, I love mine.
http://www.mayflower-rc.org/store/7034/10/LE-Active-Shooter-Chest-Rig.html
I'm not sure what you need to carry as this is a very minimalist chest rig.

Offline nukeduster

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2012, 05:21:03 PM »
The Intrepid looks like it is almost identical to the Eagle RRV, which is what I run.

I have yet to find a vest with double mags along your stomach that is comfortable low-crawling or being prone for a long time. I had a much better time lowcrawling with my Blackhawk Omega, but that was mainly because it didn't have as many mags out along the front and the ones that were were higher up on my chest..which hurt my reload times significantly compared to the RRV and made me throw it in my duffle bag years ago.

Here is the Eagle RRV for comparison to yours: http://www.skdtac.com/Eagle-Rhodesian-Recon-Vest-p/eag.555.htm

Other than the additional Molle on the chest of the vest that the Intrepid doesn't have (which also allows a 9x11 strike plate), it looks like it wears very similarly. If so, then I would say if you're allowed to use it you'll probably be happy with it. I know several others who run it as well who are all happy with their RRV's.

Biggest downside is you can only carry 8 mags depending on your setup with the TAG.

Offline -Ares-

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Private First Class
  • Only the dead, have seen the end of war.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2012, 01:26:34 PM »
A little late response, but a molle rig could work for laying prone just move the pouches to the side that works best, in my thinking all chest rigs hurt when you are prone.
Prime: Custom Vfc Scar
Secondary: KWC Desert Eagle
Replicas: G&G M4, Vfc RDW, 1928 Thomson, Classic Army 249, Ak beta, M24, G36,Mp5. Tarus P24/7. And 3 lpegs.