Author Topic: Stock Battery  (Read 1756 times)

Offline Sykinder

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile
Stock Battery
« on: November 29, 2009, 12:01:04 AM »
Hey guys, I have a question about this li-po battery http://www.airsoftpost.com/product_info.php?products_id=31049  how do I get the wires from the gearbox to the battery and still have the stock connected onto the body, while it's in the tube of the stock. A bit confusing
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline RecoilEF

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Corporal
    • View Profile
Re: Stock Battery
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2009, 12:05:38 AM »
I dont know how other people have done it, but this is how i did it. First you buy this: http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/king-arms-li ... -pipe.html you cut off all but 1 inch of the reciever's stock tube to fit it on. The wires and the battery will all fit into this new buffer tube and voila, you're done.

Offline Ranger_Robby

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2009, 04:58:43 AM »
Quote from: "RecoilEF"
I dont know how other people have done it, but this is how i did it. First you buy this: http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/king-arms-li ... -pipe.html you cut off all but 1 inch of the reciever's stock tube to fit it on. The wires and the battery will all fit into this new buffer tube and voila, you're done.

I have that King Arms Buffer Tube on my VFC 416 and also run the LiPo (i think) the OP is talking about on a standard stock buffer tube on my HurricanE 416. the only issue with running that battery on the OP's post is that it will be too long to close the endcap. Even with the King arms buffer tube that battery will be too long. While that battery will in all actuality work, in order the make sure to fit the battery in the buffer tube you need to use the King Arms Lipo designed for the tube with the Lipo tube to really make it work. No matter which Buffer tube you use, you'll need the wires to be longer then the tube to be able to connect the battery in such a tight squeeze (yes even Deans is a tight fit). (see following pics). Also take note that using a battery that sticks out past the end of the buffer tube (also take in account the wiring) will cause you to not be able to close the stock all the way and exposing the battery and wiring depending on your stock. (I used duct tape on the end once and also a SOG stock pad to cover it). The King Arms battery is shorter and even still in a standard buffer tube this too will stick out which is something to think about (explained in pics below as well).

Size difference in batteries:

This illustrates how far that the Firefox battery will stick out with standard buffer tube and how far stock can retract with out exposing wires.

This picture show the shorter King Arms battery in the standard Buffer tube, note that the end cap will not close after the wiring will be connected yet it can close more but still not fully.

Using the King Arms Lipo buffer tube and king arms battery allow you to close the endcap on the buffer tube and retract stock fully without any exposed wiring.

And side by side compare or the difference in retracted lengths, Top one is standard Buffer tube and the bottom is the King Arms Lipo tube. take note that the top gun with the standard tube has the best case scenerio with the King Arms battery  (I know that one is not clicked all the way in, found out after pic taken and too lazy to retake)

I hope this helps
Quote from: \"Vince\"
ALRIGHT GIRLS YOU\'RE BOTH PRETTY

NOW SHUT THE **** UP

Offline RecoilEF

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2009, 12:52:32 PM »
Oh yeah, i forgot that the Firefox battery and the Kingarms one were of different lengths. I use the King Arms one. Also, I dont put on the end cap of the buffer tube, my clubfoot stock has a fake end-cap that actually attaches into the hole of the stock itself so i dont have any exposed wiring, it makes for quicker battery changes since i dont have to unscrew the buffer tube's end cap.

Offline Sykinder

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2009, 02:02:20 PM »
Ok thanks for the pics and descriptiveness Ranger Robby. I think I have figured out what I'm gonna do by what you guys told me. I did some more research and this is the stock tube I'm gonna use http://www.airsoftpost.com/product_info.php?products_id=31346 then use the fire fox li-po and two more questions, how do I run the wires through the short stock tube on the receiver, instead of that hole under it. And can't I put the battery plugs toward the receiver  in stead of the plugs meeting at the end cap of the stock tube.

Offline RecoilEF

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2009, 02:34:03 PM »
The stock tube should have a cut out where the wire from the mechbox will fit through the reciever tube, and then the actual buffer tube will slide over that. And no you dont want the to plug in the battery so the plug is on the receiver end...you'd end up with a big jumbled mess of wires in the stock tube and you wouldnt be able to push the battery in as far as it needs to go.