Author Topic: AK 74 mag help  (Read 528 times)

Offline Ivan

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Major
    • View Profile
AK 74 mag help
« on: April 04, 2006, 06:22:58 PM »
So I have a metal body from JT on my AK-47. I got a bunch of these AK74 mags from another guy here on the forums and 2 SRC AK mags from JT. well they dont fit at all. The mags are super tight and seem to be too long.. any ideas?

edited: I dremeled one metal mag a little bit on the front post where it clips, and took a little off the back. it works good. I'll repeat this process with the other mag as well. the plastic mag however I tried the same thing.. but nothin.. it would fit in the mag well but won't feed bb's I tried lowering the top of the mag with the dremel a bit, bit still not enough to make the mag work.. still stumped a little.. should i just trade the ak74 mags for SRC mags (midcap) or just work the plastic ones to fit? (if possible)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by whacker55 »
Im an operator....

Offline Vince

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2006, 06:28:51 PM »
It's probably the metal body. The only ones that I've found are to spec are Guarder ones and Prime Airsoft ones.

Try using a TM hicap if you have access to one. You're fucked if they work, since in my experience, on the off-spec ones, only TM hicaps and standards work. I have a DTP body on mine and it didn't work with any other mags.

Try pushing on the bottom of the mags and firing. Like push up, and hold.

You didn't tell me you had a metal body, dumbass. I wouldn'tve sold you these had I known.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Vince »

"I was having dinner with Andrew Ho, and he said I should have COL McKnight lead airsofters in mock combat. I said, "That is the gayest idea I have ever heard." - John Lu

Offline Ivan

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Major
    • View Profile
tm
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2006, 06:36:23 PM »
yah the tm high caps work

anyone wanna trade some 74 mags in black for some SRC mags?

lol. no biggie
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by whacker55 »
Im an operator....