Author Topic: ***OPERATION: RED HAND*** March 7, 2009  (Read 8843 times)

Offline irishman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Corporal
    • View Profile
Re: ***OPERATION: RED HAND*** March 7, 2009
« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2009, 07:23:02 PM »
Stop worrying about the law and weather guys, most airsofters that have been doing it for a while play in multiple spots, half of those are probably illegal but the chances are extremely slim for us or anyone to run into something like that. If if rains, keep any wires or fuses from water getting inside, (you probably already new that im just clarifying to those that are scared or dont understand). Im more worried about my gun then getting my boots wet even if it downpoors. Come on out and have fun, its an epic spot ive been told by many people. Later guys.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline t_hum

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2009, 08:48:15 PM »
I don't know how guys have been doing it lately but I know how it was done 6 or so years ago when AA first started planning games.  I think the biggest two things done were 1) contacting the law/governing authority/land owner for the geographic area that the game is being held in and verifying that the location has no restrictions on use (ie firearms, vehicles, etc) and 2) letting them or the police in that area know what we do, what it looks like, the exact area, etc so that if somebody is dispatched they know what to expect.

Im not sure if those interactions resulted in some sort of written agreement though.  Im sure the vast majority are verbal.  Best to take note of the names and numbers of the people you talk to when getting approval just in case you get harrassed.

Offline t_hum

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2009, 08:51:29 PM »
Quote from: "irishman"
Stop worrying about the law

Youre entitled to your opinion but you must realize that even in the absolute best case scenario youre still flirting with trouble.  Airsoft isnt a sport that will ever be able to handle much negative press.  It could take as little as ONE incident to cripple the growth of airsoft in our state and others.  Be smart guys.

Offline digitydog

• Private First Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2009, 09:15:15 PM »
Settle down man. Everything will be fine.

Offline 19dcav

• Corporal
  • WARLORD AIRSOFT R.I.P 2008-2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 04, 2009, 12:21:44 AM »
Gentlemen-

I did not realize that this was going to cause such a debate.  I have been checking up on the spot we will be playing at.  I will have all of the information updated tomorrow afternoon.  Everything will be disclosed and the proper athorities will be contacted.  What I can tell you is the area is vast and it is public land according to the assessor's website.  I have never had to do this with airsoft, only film.  My background is mostly in procuring filming locations.

I do understand and appreciate the concern for the law.  I was not counting on there being so much interest on the forum as this was one of our first postings.  

However, the bottom line is that I do not want there to be arguments taking place for this (and any other future games).  We all need to have concern for the law and for the our safety as well as for the safety of others.  There should be no debate on this point.  Rest assured that we will be playing this game on Saturday, whether it be held at OKC or perhaps Four Peaks (they are close to each other and Four Peaks is a popular airsoft location).  

I will conduct this game in an appropriate manner.   So if you were planning on coming out to play- do so.  We have a good number of guys both exclusively from our group as well as from AA.

Lastly, I really do not want anymore arguing on this post.  We all like airsofting we all want to do our best for the game, so no more arguing.  Listen to digitydog, "settle down, everything will be fine."

I will post my findings tomorrow so stay tuned and get ready for the OP.

Joe
Nothing

Offline Fat_Santa54

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 04, 2009, 07:12:34 AM »
Stop worrying about the law and weather guys, most airsofters that have been doing it for a while play in multiple spots, half of those are probably illegal but the chances are extremely slim for us or anyone to run into something like that. If if rains, keep any wires or fuses from water getting inside, (you probably already new that im just clarifying to those that are scared or dont understand). Im more worried about my gun then getting my boots wet even if it downpoors. Come on out and have fun, its an epic spot ive been told by many people. Later guys.

the wires will be fine, its the connections i would be woried about, I'd be most worried anout my hopup getting wet, that would really mess it up, but then again its not a very open spot.

Offline deathbydanish

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 04, 2009, 10:29:30 AM »
Quote from: "t_hum"
Stop worrying about the law

Youre entitled to your opinion but you must realize that even in the absolute best case scenario youre still flirting with trouble.  Airsoft isnt a sport that will ever be able to handle much negative press.  It could take as little as ONE incident to cripple the growth of airsoft in our state and others.  Be smart guys.

Asking him to be smart is like asking the sun to be dark, its never going to happen.

Look through his post history, this kid is not the brightest bulb by any means. Some of us have tried to reason with him, but he is convinced that he knows better than a community of airsofters who've been doing this for a long time. With an attitude like his, would you really expect any of us who've dealt with him before to really have any sympathy for him?
Saguaro Airsoft Team

The quietest move is the most efficient one.

Offline 19dcav

• Corporal
    • View Profile
THE GAME IS LEGAL!!!!!! COME TO OPERATION: RH
« Reply #37 on: March 04, 2009, 01:10:04 PM »
OK guys-

THE GAME IS 100% LEGAL!!!!  WE ARE PLAYING IN LEGAL AREA!!!!

I contacted the Tonto Basin Ranger Station and discussed everything with them.  I talked with Susan (cannot post last name) and she along with others in the office found my inquiry slightly amusing.  Anyway, the same rules and restrictions apply here as at Four Peaks.  They now know and understand what we will be doing as well as what airsoft entails (they had no idea what airsoft was at first) and where we will be located.  So, all of you hesitant on coming out to play- you can now come out.  There is no written paper work for these events it is all indeed verbal.  

Thank you for the questions and concerns.  We want to stay within the law.  You can PM me if there are any further questions.

Thanks guys.

See you all out in the field on Saturday!!

Joe

TONTO BASIN RANGER STATION
PHONE: (928) 467-3200

Nothing

Offline 6-string

• Private First Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 04, 2009, 03:20:35 PM »
Well Done Joe!

If you were one of the people worried to death about the law you still may want to stay home. I would bet you would be considered a high value target!  :D

Offline Fat_Santa54

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 04, 2009, 04:18:37 PM »
could you post some info on people who are going, teams and what not?

Offline 19dcav

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 04, 2009, 05:02:27 PM »
As far as people go, we have about 16-17 guys from WARLORD AIRSOFT.  Ages range from 14- 41, with the median age being 24-25.  Some guys have had military experience and others do not.  In either case, everyone has gear and knows how to play.  As far as Airsoft Airzona players are concerned, if all of the guys that have said that they are coming do so, we should have another 10-15 guys.  I cannot confirm the exact number because I do not know them personally.  If it is not too much trouble, it would be nice if everyone who is coming for sure post it on this thread or PM me to let me know so I can give an exact answer.  Combined, we are looking at a ballpark figure of 25-30 guys roughly.

As far as teams break down, we would love to go green and tan (with ACU as green and Multicam tan), but I feel there is more to consider in team break down such as equipment and experience.  So I think we will go with some type of armband.  If anyone has an idea let me know.

The games will revolve around OPERATION RED HAND which I briefly explained earlier on in the thread.  If you guys have any suggestions let me know.

This is the biggest game I have planned to date.  Most have been half as big, so thank you very much for bearing with me. I appreciate the suggestions and will see you in the field on Saturday.

Joe
Nothing

Offline I Slap Fat Kids

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 04, 2009, 08:05:27 PM »
Well, I'm pretty sure I'll be there on Saturday.  If I am there, I will have two friends with me.  Go ahead and add us to the roster if you need a head count.
Replicas:

TM P90 red dot
SRC G36K with a CA AG-36
JG G36C
TM Hi-Capa M.R.P.
KJW MK II
WE HK 416
WE Hi-Capa Dragon
And a few friends\':

Offline Fat_Santa54

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 04, 2009, 08:42:38 PM »
I might trek on down and see what the turn out is like ( i live 2 mintues away). If like 10 people show up ill probably just stay home, but if its a good turnout ill go.

Offline 19dcav

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 04, 2009, 10:51:41 PM »
Hey guys-

Just thought that I would clarify FPS limits and general rules.  We will be generally following the AA rules and guidelines for the game. I know the original limits and rules were confusing.  

Sorry do not have a lot of time right now.  I will add more later.  Just let me know if you are coming out!

Joe
Nothing

Offline bigwavedave

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sergeant First Class
  • Charlie Don't Surf
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 05, 2009, 04:36:34 AM »
The Tonto Basin Ranger District is not the correct ranger district to speak with regarding airsoft unless you are playing on the North side of 4 Peaks.  Which would require about a 45 minute drive up the 143 road, or driving to Roosevelt Lake basin area.  Susan works the front desk at Roosevelt Lake.  Are you planning to carpool to Roosevelt Lake?  Mesa Ranger District is in charge of the area on the south side of 4 peaks.

I don't know who is organizing this game, but I PM'd the info from our Tonto National Forest Website which has a PDF file clearly showing the areas which are legal.   The area just past the OHV area on the 4 peaks road is also illegal if you look at the map link on the TNF website, all the way fromthe south side of FDR 143 Four Peaks to Cottonwood wash.

http://www.fs.fed.us/r3/tonto/news/orde ... ibit-C.pdf
Bravo Whiskey Out