Author Topic: Trouble! - Police kill 13yr old boy carrying AS Gun in CALI  (Read 3556 times)

Offline SG-1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Corporal
  • Do it! Do it now! Do it well!
    • View Profile
Re: Trouble! - Police kill 13yr old boy carrying AS Gun in CALI
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2013, 09:58:40 PM »
It's tough to get the facts from the media (kind of ironic).  I googled the incident and an article popped up that stated that the officer ordered the boy to put down the rifle twice.  8 shots were fired from one of the deputies. 
Sixth Column
Team Phantom Retiree

Offline Bob Z Moose

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Second Lieutenant
  • The $$60,000,000,000 Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2013, 01:44:24 AM »
http://www.npr.org/2013/10/30/241896233/police-community-relations-strained-after-teens-death

From All Things Considered on NPR. Concerned about the line "prevalence of toy guns". Again, the Cal state legislature will be the thing to watch.
Team Manaconda
Don't dick with us!

Offline SpitShot

• Corporal
  • .12 bbs all day son
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2013, 10:37:38 AM »
I may stir shit up right now but the cops where prob not at fault (even though I hate cops) they where their to protect. Now these days seems like anybody can get a hold of a real firearm or convert a airsoft gun into a firearm (Ruger 10/22 conversion P90) gun shootings at school bombs etc. Anyways I think a lot has to do with these stupid ignorant people walking around with their firearms to "exercises" their 2nd amendment rights and give cops a hard time. Yeah maybe in the 1800's it was a normal thing to have your revolver flashing and your double barrel shotgun on your back.... this is the 21st century the human race is different. Want to carry a pistol go ahead Im all for it but have it concealed hidden nobody needs to know and scare the panty hoes of a 80 year old woman at Walmart! Basically if your out and about walking around with your firearm out in the open and everyone can see it your asking for trouble and its unfortunate but the kid payed for it with his life. We should all learn from his mistake, unless you wanna die then you have no pity. Im sure its giving airsoft a bad name too, the guns are too real, it didnt have a orange tip blah blah blah... What if the gun was real and he would have turned around, cops are not gonna take that risk, shit would you?
A guy opens the door and gets shot and you think that of me? No, I am the one who knocks.

Offline Illh4veAcoke

• Corporal
  • ShadowViper Airsoft Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2013, 12:48:46 PM »
I think it all lands on the parents.  Proper gun teachings and respect for guns.  Every real gun owner knows to treat ALL guns as if they are REAL and LOADED.  Airsoft gun or not is not an excuse.... look where it led.  Parents may have been thinking"oh its just a toy gun " WRONG!. If the kid had it in a gun bag like a gun owner/ gun owners' properly trained child should have as MACE stated....would still be here.

Offline Old Dog

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Master Sergeant
  • No Longer Cujo :(
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2013, 01:15:53 PM »
I think it all lands on the parents.  Proper gun teachings and respect for guns.  Every real gun owner knows to treat ALL guns as if they are REAL and LOADED.  Airsoft gun or not is not an excuse.... look where it led.  Parents may have been thinking"oh its just a toy gun " WRONG!. If the kid had it in a gun bag like a gun owner/ gun owners' properly trained child should have as MACE stated....would still be here.

You are right on!!!
I am just a chalk line on the sidewalk waiting for the next rain to wash me off...
For the time I am here I am what I am...

Offline JadeKitsune

• Private
  • VIP player, just lookin for games at the moment.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2013, 08:21:14 PM »
It happened in California... not shocking really.

I understand many will find my attitude on this subject somewhat... dry, but frankly if the gun is the same one displayed in the pictures, given the laws in the state of California, the police were within their right to fire feeling threatened by a kid with an AK. That picture clearly shows that the "Orange/red" tip that should be on the weapon is not present. The kid was probably being a smartass and waving it towards the cops too.

Is it terrible a 13 year old kid is dead because of this? Yes, yes it is. But it seems, as it was, that the kid [or his friend, as the gun apparently belonged to his friend] was already breaking California state law by not having the blaze orange tip present.

Frankly we don't have this worry here in the state of Arizona. You can open carry an airsoft gun just as simply as you can a real steel version.
Airsoft is a game of honor boys and girls, let's keep that honor, fight fair, and have fun.

Offline Bob Z Moose

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Second Lieutenant
  • The $$60,000,000,000 Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2013, 12:55:26 AM »
Evike is heading this off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFU1RWvABJ8

If you're a minor, please share this with your parents. We want to keep are realistic guns, not have it end up like it has in Canada or the UK.
Team Manaconda
Don't dick with us!