Linked Events

• Operation Zombie Hunter: November 10, 2012

Author Topic: Operation Zombie Hunter 2012 at Fear Farm Charity Event for RON BILODEAU  (Read 810957 times)

Offline PhoenixShadowCompany

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • http://phxshadow.net
Re: Operation Zombie Hunter 2012 at Fear Farm Charity Event for RON BILODEAU
« Reply #465 on: November 06, 2012, 11:40:17 AM »
We have ran into a major dilemma. Robert the owner of fearfarm has just called me. The fore department has ordered the corn to be cut down due to it's dry state. I am working with him to try to postpone the cutting but he may have no choice. I need to get opinions judging from both the walk in and pictures posted do you guys think we could still run it if not we will issue refunds.

Offline Shdsteel

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: November 06, 2012, 11:50:47 AM »
Hell for how much work I put into this game, I'm still going I play. Try and save the corn! Just until Sunday. It's not even a week away

Offline sgun480

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: November 06, 2012, 11:57:18 AM »
if they level the corn, is there anyway to move all those haybales into the field, and like stack em up. that way there could be cover between the buildings
Jungle man

Offline Shdsteel

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: November 06, 2012, 12:00:06 PM »
if they level the corn, is there anyway to move all those haybales into the field, and like stack em up. that way there could be cover between the buildings
thats a good idea. I second this idea and offer to show up very early to help setup.

Offline sgun480

• Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: November 06, 2012, 12:07:02 PM »
as will my friend and I. this game has to many parties invested to be cancelled
Jungle man

Offline Mooncruiser

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: November 06, 2012, 12:17:24 PM »
I hope they'll leave the corn up until Sunday.
~~ All men should know before they die, what they are running to, and from, and why ~~

AIRSOFT ADDICTS
Saguaro Airsoft Team

Offline birdman

• Sergeant Major
  • Whoop Whoop!
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: November 06, 2012, 12:26:08 PM »
I vote against the hay bales. Like I said on the facebook, Zombies are able to move around where ever including through the corn (nobody else can) and zombies are going to be more populated then us anyway, If we just had hay bales as walls then it would take the fun factor away and would just we an over populated game a Vanguard.
Team Manaconda
Don't dick with us!

Offline Mooncruiser

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: November 06, 2012, 12:51:33 PM »
Maybe they could cut say.. Half the field down.. Away from immediate structures and reduce the fire threat temporarily?
~~ All men should know before they die, what they are running to, and from, and why ~~

AIRSOFT ADDICTS
Saguaro Airsoft Team

Offline Red Devil

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: November 06, 2012, 01:10:37 PM »
Shit, I only need four since I only have a three mag pistol pouch and one in the gun. My payment isn't until NEXT Thursday. Trade?

Are you signed up and paid already? Paramilitary?

If that pistol mag pouch is the one I sold you. You can put two 1911 single stack mags in them. I can do it on my tan vest. Get it wet and then shove two mags in there then put it in the sun to dry.
82nd Airborne 1989-1993 Rangers Lead The Way

Age,fac ut gaudeam!

Offline birdman

• Sergeant Major
  • Whoop Whoop!
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: November 06, 2012, 01:14:34 PM »
Shit, I only need four since I only have a three mag pistol pouch and one in the gun. My payment isn't until NEXT Thursday. Trade?

Are you signed up and paid already? Paramilitary?

If that pistol mag pouch is the one I sold you. You can put two 1911 single stack mags in them. I can do it on my tan vest. Get it wet and then shove two mags in there then put it in the sun to dry.
I thought about that. I figured since the 1911 has slim mags you'd be able to fit two in there. When the rest of my MOLLE stuff comes in the mail I'll try it, thanks.
Team Manaconda
Don't dick with us!

Offline Ladysith666

• FNG
  • Airsoft Photography By EllaAnn
    • View Profile
    • Flickr
« Reply #475 on: November 06, 2012, 01:59:36 PM »
thats a good idea. I second this idea and offer to show up very early to help setup.
That's a great idea, i mean obviously it would be awesome with the corn but obviously that isn't gonna happen so get over it and find something new that way people can still play
Airsoft Photography By EllaAnn :)
\(^.^\)
Phoenix shadowcompany

Offline asof elites

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • First Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: November 06, 2012, 02:52:21 PM »
I will be there early to help. This game can't be cancelled
My gear collection costs more than my car...

Offline Fresnel

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sergeant Major
  • Accuracy by Volume
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: November 06, 2012, 03:22:20 PM »
Okay, from what I understand, the corn has already been cut. It's a done deal, there's no ifs, ands, or buts about it. Now we have three choices, as far as I see it:

1. Cancel the game, refund all the money, auction all the donation items off here on AA
2. Find a new field and re-do half the scenario's pre-planning before Saturday
3. Organize a work party with some pickup trucks to help move some hay bales on Thursday or Friday

I prefer option 3, personally. How many of you are able and willing to come out to Fear Farm during the week and get some hay moved? If yes, post preferred days.

Offline JpStorm

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: November 06, 2012, 03:25:12 PM »
Okay guys, so as we stand now, the owner of Fear Farm and the land had to cut down the corn due to fire hazard deemed by the Avondale Fire Marshall. I was thinking if we get together a work party Friday night or Saturday in the morning, we can work something out to move hay bails all day. I have a ford ranger, so I can help. It would be amazing if you guys could scrape up some extra cash to donate for gas to those who help. Anyone with a pick up truck would be very helpful to move the hay. Now this is just an idea, I have not spoken to the owner of the land or Jason about this idea, but I feel this is a solid idea. Message me or respond if you would be down to help.

I feel we are too close and have put too much into this to just back out just cause there is NO corn. I speak for myself and a few other local airsofters when I say, we have gotten the time off work, which we could be making money, for this game. WE cannot let no corn get us down

Offline birdman

• Sergeant Major
  • Whoop Whoop!
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: November 06, 2012, 03:29:14 PM »
I really don't like the idea of the hay bales. BUT in the spirit of being optimistic and being stoked for this game I'd like to try and meet someone from PSC at fear farm ASAP and maybe they and I can get an idea of something we can do.  If anyone wants to contact me feel free to text or call me at 623-692-6162
Team Manaconda
Don't dick with us!